Author Topic: Syracuse lake  (Read 1396 times)

Offline blackbird86

• IceShanty Rookie
Syracuse lake
« on: Feb 09, 2018, 06:39 PM »
Never ice fished there but am planning to try my luck monday. Whats biting out there and on what? How thick is the ice?

Was thinking of trying minnows on 6 lb test for walleye and pike. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
Re: Syracuse lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2018, 08:54 PM »
Never ice fished there but am planning to try my luck monday. Whats biting out there and on what? How thick is the ice?

Was thinking of trying minnows on 6 lb test for walleye and pike. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated

There are not any walleye in there.  There are pike in there and some big ones.  There are snowmobile races out there tomorrow, so I assume since those are still on the ice is good, but I would spud anywhere I went with this much snow on the ice.  The pike we catch out there all come on small bluegills on tip ups. 

Offline Turk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2018, 05:11 AM »
I saw online that they were canceled due to poor ice conditions.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2018, 09:26 AM »
There could be some walleye in there. People have their own ideas of what should be in lakes and move fish around in their live wells. Someone on Facebook said there are some musky in Wawa?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2018, 09:33 AM »
There could be some walleye in there. People have their own ideas of what should be in lakes and move fish around in their live wells. Someone on Facebook said there are some musky in Wawa?
And at least one sturgeon ;D
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2018, 09:51 AM »
And at least one sturgeon ;D

At least the sturgeon is a native fish.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2018, 05:30 PM »
Taxi will u pm me those biologists names and numbers you posted it in another thread and I can't remember where... spent the last two days searching for it... I could never find the creel reports on iDNR site... don't know if I was looking in the wrong place or what... bit it was wrong

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2018, 08:30 PM »
Taxi will u pm me those biologists names and numbers you posted it in another thread and I can't remember where... spent the last two days searching for it... I could never find the creel reports on iDNR site... don't know if I was looking in the wrong place or what... bit it was wrong

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/3590.htm

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2018, 08:32 PM »

Too much clutter on that website. Hard to find things. See above post.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.