Author Topic: 10 day  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
10 day
« on: Jan 05, 2018, 04:41 AM »
Forecast from Sunday on in my area looks promising for some good ice fishing weather. Between work and this brutal called I have not made it out yet I have the itch bad I plan on spending the whole day Sunday on the ice. And hopefully get out a few times next week after work I've got the itch bad !

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 10 day
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:45 AM »
yea it's looking better. Bite should get more consistent I hope.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:47 AM »
We shouldnt be able to keep them off our hooks come Tuesday!
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline PoleCat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • IceFsh'nNut
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:38 AM »
should be able to fish in shorts & tank-tops. :tipup:
HoosierPoleCat member since 2003

The high price of Freedom is a cost paid by a Brave few... Semper Fi

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Yep that's my thoughts that this little warm-up is going to really set things off for some good fishing next week ! I don't know about shorts and tank tops lol but it will damn sure feel like 50 degrees once it's in the 20s !! I feel like I live in Alaska !

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Just once I want to walk out in shorts and flip flops and see what kind of looks I get.
Reminds me of a hippie kid in college that all winter didn't wear a coat, and only had short sleeves and shorts, and no shoes.  he walked around campus all winter with no shoes.  It was snowing one day and I couldn't believe it so I went over to where he was walking and sure enough foot prints in about 6" of snow. 

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2018, 08:10 AM »
Ya I'm sure you would get some looks .... Closets I got to that was jeans and a t shirt on Pine lake tears ago . It was 50 something degrees and I was on fire ! One after another . And was on about 10 inches of ice ! Could be another go this year with the way we are making ice

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:18 PM »
Just looked at the 10 day for my area and it don't look good at all ! May have a restart after this one

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:15 PM »
You must not live in Jasper county. The 10 day in my area is great we aren't going to loose any ice. Just because it is above 32 degrees during the day doesn't mean it is time to store the gear LMMFAO.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:29 PM »
I do , and mid 40's for a solid week is gonna put a hurt on our edges ect...

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2018, 06:51 AM »
I do , and mid 40's for a solid week is gonna put a hurt on our edges ect...

Cold temps at night tighten all that back up.

If there was a week to be out fishing... next week is that week!
Got one goin'!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:02 AM »
Cold temps at night tighten all that back up.

If there was a week to be out fishing... next week is that week!

Ya I agree with you there for sure . My concern was just what that last warm up and little rain we got did to 9 inches now there calling for three days of rain

Offline TheIceMan5

« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2018, 12:42 PM »
Ya I agree with you there for sure . My concern was just what that last warm up and little rain we got did to 9 inches now there calling for three days of rain
I agree.. my weather here isn’t showing us getting back down to freezing until Monday night and that’s still only 31.. then 2 days of upper 20s then back to mid 40s and no freezing night for 3days again with more rain.. fingers are crossed!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2018, 12:43 PM »
Yep fingers crossed , if nothing else I'm ready for some Coho and whitefish once the Ice is out

Offline Gambler199349

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Forecasting rain tonight into the morning in my area, was wanting to get the kids back out tomorrow, guess that might change

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Forecasting rain tonight into the morning in my area, was wanting to get the kids back out tomorrow, guess that might change

I hear ya man ! I wanted to get my four out on Bruce tomorrow if the rain holds off it will be a good day to get the kids out and run some flags and jiggin

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:48 PM »
I agree.. my weather here isn’t showing us getting back down to freezing until Monday night and that’s still only 31.. then 2 days of upper 20s then back to mid 40s and no freezing night for 3days again with more rain.. fingers are crossed!

Who wants to take a kid fishing where the ice isn't gonna get damaged by the weather!!! It's not looking good for anything south of Kokomo per the weather man which makes me feel like I need to make friends with a few guys up north really quick!! lol

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2018, 09:17 PM »
Who wants to take a kid fishing where the ice isn't gonna get damaged by the weather!!! It's not looking good for anything south of Kokomo per the weather man which makes me feel like I need to make friends with a few guys up north really quick!! lol

Northern Indiana doesn't look good either sorry to tell you that.   But we had 6-7 inches as of today at 5pm with 2-3 in of slop on top on long lake in valpo

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2018, 05:34 AM »
Awww man  :-\

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Awww man  :-\

If u go today or next couple with a Spud u might be ok just be supper careful brother

Offline markum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:42 AM »
At least for Me I'm done for this ice season in Indiana. I will spend the next couple of weekends getting walleye and panfish gear ready for open water. The river will be open

Offline socerplyr27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:53 AM »
We have the dumbest weather in our area.  Never consistent.   >:(

Offline fwcanoefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 2018, 09:03 AM »
The rain we get today will be killer.  50° with rain?  That hurts.

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 22, 2018, 09:07 AM »
Hopefully the ice fishing gods will smile upon us and be spiteful to the weatherman's predictions and bless us with a solid cold snap and re-thicken ice on every lake. Or something along those lines otherwise I'm getting the bass boat ready.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 22, 2018, 09:08 AM »
Glad I fished hard this past weekend. Might be it for me. I hope we get one more shot. It is only late January and we do usually get a run of the real cold stuff in feb. If we hold a couple inches it might just make enough for me to get on the right body of water. Looking out window right now doesn't look good. Steady rain that will add to the water on top. Wind is howling. Shores ice will surely be shot and have to start over. I will say it was probable the best season i've ever had for quality and numbers. Caldwell and Sally was very very good to me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.