Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Iowa Ice Shanty outing?  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Iowa Ice Shanty outing?
« on: Oct 17, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Just a question if there is or ever has been an outing for all the Iowa Ice Shanty members?

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Iowa Ice Shanty outing?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2017, 11:57 PM »
Not that I am aware of. Iowasportsman has done it several times. Most people are both places.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2017, 09:00 AM »
We have done it before, Toofuss organized it up at Brushy Creek. It all depends on the weather and ice conditions for this year. The past couple years were not ideal for a party on the ice. Once things get closer we'll try and figure it out.

Offline drakevh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2017, 12:00 PM »
I'm in for an outing. Lets make it happen!

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2017, 10:23 PM »
if you get an iowa outting put together you might find some guys from the show me state crashing it as well!!  sounds like it would be a fun time to get together and put some faces to names on the board. 

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2017, 06:32 PM »
I was to some kind of get together at Brushy 4-5 years ago.  Saw a really nice Walleye get caught.  Don't think Iowa Sportsman has had one for quite a while but use too.  Instead some of the guys get together at a campground for about 3 days at Storm Lake and they call it Plan B.  The best one summer or winter use to be Hawqz.com before it shut down.  They all have been a lot of fun and great food and you can put a face to a handle on the site and make new friendships.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2017, 10:07 PM »
If people put my face to my name I'll probably get punched in the throat multiple times.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2017, 05:55 PM »
If people put my face to my name I'll probably get punched in the throat multiple times.

Bahahahahahaha

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:09 PM »
I was to some kind of get together at Brushy 4-5 years ago.  Saw a really nice Walleye get caught.  Don't think Iowa Sportsman has had one for quite a while but use too.  Instead some of the guys get together at a campground for about 3 days at Storm Lake and they call it Plan B.  The best one summer or winter use to be Hawqz.com before it shut down.  They all have been a lot of fun and great food and you can put a face to a handle on the site and make new friendships.

I was there for that outing.  Brushy is a decent destination and decent location travel wise, for a lot of Iowans.  Two hours away for me.  I made it a two day affair.  I'd be interested in a repeat outing.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline baogongmeo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 10, 2017, 07:00 PM »
if you get an iowa outting put together you might find some guys from the show me state crashing it as well!!  sounds like it would be a fun time to get together and put some faces to names on the board.
Here's one central MO. hillbilly that would be interested if invited.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:33 PM »
Here's one central MO. hillbilly that would be interested if invited.
     have never seen ice in central mo but get it in nw missouri.  and this hillbilly doesn't really need an invitation just show up and crash the party.  hahaha

Offline baogongmeo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 2017, 06:28 PM »
Years back the park dept. would put signs up when the ice was safe on Liberty Park Lagoon for ice skating. One year trapping muskrats the ice got to 16" on one pond and I remember reading about some dare-devil driving from one boat ramp to another on either Lake of the Ozarks or Truman. But for the last few years not much ice... so that's why us poor central MO. hillbillys hope the good Iowegians show sympathy for our plight.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2017, 08:53 PM »
where at in central mo are you located? 

Offline baogongmeo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2017, 04:56 AM »
Sedalia

Offline graybeard1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 20, 2017, 12:22 PM »
 The Hawgz get togethers  used to be classics. Sure miss them. We still do GTGs, but on a smaller scale around here.

Offline ISU_Cake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2017, 01:22 PM »
I think it would be a good time to have a get together!

Living the Dream

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.