Author Topic: Where to buy the Frabill Ice Suit cheaper and first impressions  (Read 2028 times)

Offline ice man17

• Team IceShanty Regular
ve been looking that the Frabill IceSuit for this coming season ans the 379.99 price tag is a little steep, is there a place thats having a sale on them and has anyone bought and used them yet? I know reeds has the base for sale for 194

Offline walleyedmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
Actually, the price is normally $399, so you've already saved $20..........

You might want to jump on Amazon, I've seen them under $300 there.
As always, I am............ walleyed

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
X2 on the artic armor.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
Striker Ice and Ford LOL
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline Dornz87

• IceShanty Rookie
I have this suit and love it.
I go about 190 lbs and 6'2" and the XL fit just about perfect.  Slightly on the large size but I think that has more to do with it being an insulated product.  Large wouldn't have been big enough...

Offline PTOjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
Arctic Armor..lighter..warmer ..oh yes, it floats too!

Offline Border Jumper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Must be here someplace??
              x2

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
X3 on the Article Armor. My wife and I both have it and love it.

-Jeff

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
lol,,but does it come in BLACK????

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
Re: Where to buy the Frabill Ice Suit cheaper and first impressions
« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2012, 06:38 PM »
lol,,but does it come in BLACK????

Arctic Armor comes in black.  I have the suit and it is warm and light.  The snaps are garbage and the customer service is non existent, but other than that it is a great suit.   ::)

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:06 PM »
Striker they mean what they say, it will take years for anyone to catch up to there climate gear I just got mine and don't need ice to use it
I have been wearing the coat liner to work. spring and fall rain days are a thing of the past with the liners on.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:09 AM »
Quote from: wax_worm
Arctic Armor comes in black.  I have the suit and it is warm and light.  The snaps are garbage and the customer service is non existent, but other than that it is a great suit.   ::)

We have had ours for four years with no trouble with the snaps or anything else. Can't comment on customer service as we have never needed it. Maybe you need to take better care of yours?

-Jeff

Offline philk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just chasin that 12# eye
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:32 AM »
We have had ours for four years with no trouble with the snaps or anything else. Can't comment on customer service as we have never needed it. Maybe you need to take better care of yours?

-Jeff
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline rcjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2012, 07:04 AM »
Arctic armor....3 years with no problems....very light weight...very warm

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:46 PM »

-Jeff

??? It is sad you how your rightfully can't/won't comment on AA customer service because you have no experience with them, yet you do comment and question my care of my suit, even though you have no experience or knowledge there either.  ::) Your assumption is unfounded, but for those looking to buy a suit, I will elaborate so they know what they may be getting if they buy an AA suit.

I wore it one time and the first time I unbuttoned it 4 of the snaps came off the stems (2 on coat, 2 on bibs), it was not operator error.  When I called the place I bought it from, they said they have had dozens they sold last fall and early winter with snap issues and after 6 calls to Arctic Armor for my issue alone, AA was refusing to help them with warrently claims.  They (the company I bought from, not AA) were nice enough to finally send a replacement even though arctic armor refused to return their calls despite being a main distributer of their product and selling dozens of suits.  The owner was so fed up he said they were no longer going to carry AA after their inventory was gone because of the non existent customer/distributor service. 

The more likely scenerio for the snap failure is as the demand went up, they went cheap on the snaps between your version and those sold last fall/winter or they had an equipment/assembly issue that was causing the snap problems.  Either way they should honor their own warrenty and not make the customer or distributer jump through hoops for service.  As I said they are warm, are light and float.  Just beware there are/were issues (see Rairdogs post and link) and if you need customer service from AA, good luck. 

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2012, 05:19 AM »

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2012, 08:01 AM »
ve been looking that the Frabill IceSuit for this coming season ans the 379.99 price tag is a little steep, is there a place thats having a sale on them and has anyone bought and used them yet? I know reeds has the base for sale for 194

If you are talking about the Frabill Snosuit....it should be worth every penny!  I have the original Snosuit before they were purchased by Frabill.  It is pricey but you will not need a shanty to to fish from or warm up in.  It is my shanty 99% of the time!  It's a bit heavy and does not float but it is WARM! I wear normal clothing under the suit.  On a cold, windy day I will wear a fleece pull over.  Construction is almost bullet proof, loaded with pockets, pit vents, leg zippers up to your belt line, key clips inside the pockets etc. etc....loaded with great features.  Use the search feature for Snosuit.  Check this site and Ice Leaders dot com.  There should be some great info on all the major brands.
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.