Author Topic: Arctic Armour suit size  (Read 5492 times)

Offline Islander

• IceShanty Rookie
Arctic Armour suit size
« on: Dec 05, 2008, 08:13 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this was covered in other posts but I have quick question..

I'm about to order Arctic Armour suit. I'm 5.8 and weight 180lb. Do you think medium bibs and jacket is a good size or should I go for large?

Much appreciate your help!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Arctic Armour suit size
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:28 AM »
Islander,
  I,m about the same height and weight as you the medium suit fits me well with room to layer colthing. This is a list of what I wore when trying on and purchasing the suit. Expedition weight long john bottoms/1/4 zip mock turtle neck top,heavy weight wool shirt,fleece pants ,polar fleece 3oo jacket. If you can find a dealer in your area try on suit and purchase from them. I got mine from Fish 307 in Lake George,NY. around two hour drive from my home in Southeast NY.state.
The website for IDI gear has a dealer location feature,below is a hyperlink to the website.
  www.idigear.com   I hope this helps you out.

Mr.Clean-Steve

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this was covered in other posts but I have quick question..

I'm about to order Arctic Armour suit. I'm 5.8 and weight 180lb. Do you think medium bibs and jacket is a good size or should I go for large?

Much appreciate your help!
I'm 6' - 240 and large fits me well - I mean I have room for layers under the suit and still not tight in any way.

Offline Islander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Thanks a lot mr.clean and FISHFORPIKE!

Getting medium AA! :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Islander,
  The hyperlink works ,I found two dealers listed in the Ontario Providence.
 1. KTL Canada Inc. (distributor)  Mississauga,Ontario 905-542-0535
  2. Riverside Outdoors  Thunderbay, Ontario     807-627-0698

Mr.Clean-Steve

Ps. Riverside Outdoors is a sponsor of the Ontario forum of Ice Shanty.

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2008, 10:19 AM »
I'm 5'9" and 185lbs.  I just got the camo medium jacket and large bibs. The jacket fits good and the bibs are just a little big.  Not much though.  I could have got by with medium bibs, they would have probably been alright.  I did not want them to tight.  They do have belt loops if you want to snug them up too. f-n-f

Offline Islander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2008, 11:42 AM »
Islander,
  The hyperlink works ,I found two dealers listed in the Ontario Providence.
 1. KTL Canada Inc. (distributor)  Mississauga,Ontario 905-542-0535
  2. Riverside Outdoors  Thunderbay, Ontario     807-627-0698

Mr.Clean-Steve

Ps. Riverside Outdoors is a sponsor of the Ontario forum of Ice Shanty.

Thanks mr.clean, I'm ordering from Riverside Outdoors.

Offline Islander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2008, 11:47 AM »
I'm 5'9" and 185lbs.  I just got the camo medium jacket and large bibs. The jacket fits good and the bibs are just a little big.  Not much though.  I could have got by with medium bibs, they would have probably been alright.  I did not want them to tight.  They do have belt loops if you want to snug them up too. f-n-f

Apreciate your help f-n-f!

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2008, 05:31 PM »
Well this will probably throw a wrench into it,  but I am 6'00 220 and I have Med coat and Large bibs in the Arctic Armour suit. They fit perfect for me, not to tight or loose. I would have thought that I was atleast a large if not an XL until I started to try them on. I always heard that their sizing runs big. I can still layer up pretty good and have enough room.

Very nice suit btw. I have never been cold and actually usually have to leave the coat zipper about 1/2 down to stay comfortable.

J-

Offline drifter106

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Well this will probably throw a wrench into it,  but I am 6'00 220 and I have Med coat and Large bibs in the Arctic Armour suit. They fit perfect for me, not to tight or loose. I would have thought that I was atleast a large if not an XL until I started to try them on. I always heard that their sizing runs big. I can still layer up pretty good and have enough room.

Very nice suit btw. I have never been cold and actually usually have to leave the coat zipper about 1/2 down to stay comfortable.

J-

How ironic...I just got my Arctic Suit and come in at 6'1/2" and 224 lbs.  I have the XL coat and  XL bibs and find them to fit quit well.  I have under armour, second layer of poly underwear and a fleece hoodie.  I was debating on getting a Large coat and glad I didn't.  Granted, I have the fleece liner (plus) and that could possible be the difference.  I feel very comfortable, not to loose but by the same token don't feel stuffed.  Very easy to maneuver around.  Glad to hear that your selection is working out for you. The fleece in the bibs makes whatever you have on want to stick to it when you take them off.  Something that does disappoint me is the fact that I have to remove my boots to put on and take off the bibs....could probably force it but don't want to damage the bibs.
Remember, what is common knowledge to some is a revelation to others.

All men are equal in the eyes of fish
Edit/Delete Message

Offline ZEKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Finally got my bibs and coat It took so long because I could not decided on a color or size.
I'm 6'3" and 210
34 inseam 34 waist
Wear a size 44 coat
I got the large bibs and large coat in the green with the plus lining.
And they fit me fine with a little extra room for sweat shirt underneath.
I really like the leg gators on the inside of the suit. "I'm not sure what they are called".
I think this was a great purchase thanks for everyone help in getting the right size.

Offline walkonwater1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:37 AM »
6ft 2, 225, XL bibs and jacket..Loose but not sloppy.
Kids that hunt, trap and fish don't mug little old ladies.

Big moves to find'em, small moves to catch'em!

Offline DON-E-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:52 PM »
Im even more confused as to sizing for me.  I'm 5'9" around 260, but hopefully will be 225 soon.  I guess the only way i will know is by making the 4 hour trek to lake george to try them on. 

Offline newoodhntr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:00 PM »
5'9" and 230 and have the camo XL jacket and bibs

Offline D.speen

• IceShanty Rookie
Arctic Armour suit size
« Reply #14 on: Aug 27, 2009, 08:35 AM »
Well this was the set i wore to the PvP tournament but turned up too late to actually be involved till the end.
The set i would have been using at the event is fairly new.
I dont display armour though, since for a long time i was getting asked by everyone i met where i got it.

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 20, 2009, 12:27 AM »
Anyone have any idea of what size in the new black bibs that I would need?  I'm 5'7" and 240lbs with a 38" waist (little big) and 30" inseam.  Thanks!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #16 on: Oct 20, 2009, 05:02 AM »
Anyone have any idea of what size in the new black bibs that I would need?  I'm 5'7" and 240lbs with a 38" waist (little big) and 30" inseam.  Thanks!
Last year I bought Large - I could use an XL to have room for another layer.  I am about your size, just a few inches taller at 6'.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #17 on: Oct 20, 2009, 05:36 AM »
Anyone have any idea of what size in the new black bibs that I would need?  I'm 5'7" and 240lbs with a 38" waist (little big) and 30" inseam.  Thanks!

We are pretty simular, I'm 5'-6", 225 and 38" waist. I bought a XXL last year, a little long in the legs but no that bad. I tried them on at the Syracuse Ice Fishing Show and found this size the best fit. Very warm, comfortable and no problems.

BTW, mine are the camo but I don't believe color effect the sizes.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.