Author Topic: MUCK BOOTS  (Read 5061 times)

Offline BURNSEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
MUCK BOOTS
« on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:38 AM »
Hey guys that own a pair, how about your opinions.Thanks alot!

Offline mrjohnny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • to cold for me to fish..i'm packin up
Re: MUCK BOOTS
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:17 AM »
Makesure they say ARTIC on them...My first pair
did not and they were cold...I think they pretty
much compare to the black Mickey boots..Wore them
all day yesterday and was pretty happy with them..
too cold ....aint going out there..

Offline locdogg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:24 AM »
i have some of the camo ones.  they are not arctic.  they do get cold if you are gonna be out on the ice for a long time.  I still wear them but I wear 2 pair of socks to be comfortable.  I bet if you have the arctic ones you wouldn't need 2 pairs of socks on to be comfortable. 

If you are only going to be outside for an hour or 2 they are warm enough with just one pair of socks.

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:26 AM »
Not arctic=not warm.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:41 AM »
I'm interested in the Arctic Pro Extreme Sport boot. Pretty good price on them.

Anyone with any feed back? Toss up between the all rubber Lacrosse or Cabela's "Alpha" style or the Muck Arctic Pro Extreme. I'm gonna stay away from the Neoprene / Rubber Alpha Burly boots. After 2 years they split all over the place, at the flex points.

Either going all rubber or Muck. Prefer 18" boot as it gets deep and wet on the lake at times.

JIGGIN.

Offline dml78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:50 AM »
The arctic pro extreams are the best ice fishing boots I have ever owned.

Offline fisherman58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:56 AM »
i love mine down to about 5 degrees  then break out the big guns

Offline CHICKENFOOT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:58 AM »
Great Boots I own three pairs the Articpro great for slushy ice a little heavy,but warm the Cikana great for boat fishing does not mark the boat and the Jobbers, great for Snow blowing and shoveling as we have had over 4 feet of snow up here and I think I will get the scub boots for my garden next year.

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2011, 08:22 AM »
I love mine on ice or in the tree! :tipup:

Offline chicknwsl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2011, 11:25 AM »
Was leaning towards the Arctic muck.... but i got some Lacross Ice King Pak Boots and they are bone dry, warm, and super light for the looks! Even after a 10 hr trip in 6" of melting snow and 4" of water under that...

Picked them up cheap @ gander 90% off...

They had them in the sportsmans guide book for $59 last month....

Offline 57 fathead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2011, 11:41 AM »
Bought lacrosse alphaburly and they lasted 2yrs. before the bottom cracked wide open.Then i got the muck wetland .Had them 1yr so far and they have been fantastic.Warmer and alot more comfortable than lacrosse.Hopefully they are more durable than alphaburly.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2011, 02:08 PM »
I picked up a pair of Irish Setter Rutmasters two weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier. They are like mini ovens on my feet.

Offline eyefish2

• IceShanty Rookie
  • You can never make up for a day of missed fishing
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2011, 10:59 PM »
I purchased a pair of Artic Muck boots ealrier this winter.  They are light and very comfortable.  I do not think they will be as warm as Iceman or Ice King boots, but they are waterproof. For fishing in a portable shack, they work great.  Standing outside on the ice all day tip up fishing....my feet will get cold in them.  I am looking forward to trying them in some good 6-8 inches of slush.

Offline SEF830

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:36 AM »
I purchased a pair of Artic Muck boots ealrier this winter.  They are light and very comfortable.  I do not think they will be as warm as Iceman or Ice King boots, but they are waterproof. For fishing in a portable shack, they work great.  Standing outside on the ice all day tip up fishing....my feet will get cold in them.  I am looking forward to trying them in some good 6-8 inches of slush.

I think you'll be surprised at how warm the Arctic Muck boots are.  I've had the Wetland for 5 or six years and use them spring turkey hunting, fall/winter deer hunting, and ice fishing.  They've taken a beating and the only time my feet get cold is the really cold days in the tree stand.  Obviously, the Arctic are designed to be warmer than the Wetland.

When my Wetlands finally need to be replaced, I'll get the Arctic.  But I think these have a year or two left in them. 

Did I mention they still feel like sneakers on my feet?

Offline drfhaha123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2011, 10:08 AM »
I bought the Arctic Sport last year awsome boot $120,bought the Artic Pro this year $129.,they are the best better than my Sorel,I got them from Hanks Clothing find them on line free shipping i had them in 1 day 2 weeks before Christmas.   

Offline bronxbasser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2011, 10:18 PM »
My toes used to get cold every time i hit the ice. I did a ton of research on boots and finally settled on the MUCK Arctic Pro Extremes rated to -60. I also purchased the Red Head lifetime guarantee socks and redhead liners from Bass Pro.

After a couple cold, long days on the ice, I couldn't be happier or warmer. The MUCKS are extremely comfortable, lightweight, and for the first time my toes are blazing warm while stationary on the ice.

You won't be disappointed with these boots. Crazy comfortable and warm. Socks are great as well and the lifetime guarantee makes them impossible to beat.

Offline bushnell

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Edmonton Alberta
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2011, 10:26 PM »
I've got the woody sport Muck boots,rated to -40. So far they have kept my feet warm as long I don't stay sitting in one spot for prolonged periods.They have lasted me for 3 years so far,and should last a few more years yet.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:39 AM »
Gave my Artic Sports the workout this weekend...10" of snow on top of 4 to 6" of slush. Stayed warm and dry all day. Very light weight, good traction. I am not sorry I got them...hunts2long
Northville, NY

Offline upstate bass2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:15 AM »
Same here 10'' of snow 6'' of slush Saturday with 3 other guys I was the only one that came back with warm dry feet, Muck arctic sports. I will not fish with any other boots. Had them 2 years now and still look like new , I wear the fishing, around the house , on the atv, and at work sometimes.

Offline Snowrd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2011, 04:55 PM »
JUNK!!

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2011, 10:46 AM »
I went with Bog's instead of Muck's. I think the Bogs are a bit warmer. I'm very happy with them.  I also have a pair of Baffin Impact for when it is really cold.  They are to warm for me unless it is well below zero.

Offline USNAVYABH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 12, 2011, 09:14 PM »
I love them
I have the arctic sports
All I wear is  a thin pair of socks and feet stay down to 0 any colder I have to wear wool socks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.