Author Topic: artic armor issue  (Read 2514 times)

Offline E.C

• IceShanty Rookie
artic armor issue
« on: Nov 13, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Hi, im new to this forum and need some advise. I am having trouble deciding what size coat to go with. I am about 5'11 and 190 pounds. I was recommended to go with the large. the bibs fit great and the coat fits me quite well but is tight in the back and elbows and this is with only a shirt and sweatshirt underneath. I think I have broader shoulders and longer arms then average.  It is only tight if i make certain movments like bending over or raising both elbows at the same time but i could deal with it if i had to but am worried about stress on the seams. I tried the xl coat and its more comfotable but a little more bulky. Iam trying to decide which one to go with cause ive heard if its too tight or loose it can effect how warm it keeps you. I talked to the guy at the shop and he said knowone my size has bought the xl. I guess i just want to know if id be better off with more room or stick with the smaller size. Have any of you guys had this issue with the back and elbow being to tight and had to go up a size. sorry to bother you guys but i really like the suit and want to be 100% happy with it so i figured id ask some guys with experiance with the suit.Thanks for any advice.This forum is awesome and im glad i finally joined.

Offline E.C

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: artic armor issue
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2009, 12:25 AM »
anyone?

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2009, 05:09 AM »
I'm 6' and 195 lbs. I have the Large coat and it fits me fine in the arms and across the back. It's actually big around the belly area on me. Does this vendor have another large coat for you to try on, or does he just have one in stock? If he does, do they all feel that way on you?
I've had my A.A. coat for a couple years now and haven't had any issue with it being cold in those areas. I usually layer with coldgear top and a sweatshirt underneath.
Ken                                          

Offline Corporal Punishment

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2009, 07:41 AM »
I am 5',10" around 190# and went with XL coat and large bibs.Found the large coat was a little short in the sleeves,and like a coat a little big to layer.And don't forget it could shrink a little in the drier!!!

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2009, 08:01 AM »
 E.C, (my opinion) ---From what you've posted, sounds to me that you are not happy w/ the fit......GET ONE THAT FITS!!!!.......Lou
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline E.C

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2009, 10:50 AM »
corporal punishment, you sure you talking about the arctic armor, i thought you were not supposed to dry these suits. If i go with the xl will it being kinda big effect how warm it keeps me. Do you think its possible the size of the large is off comparred to some

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2009, 10:54 AM »
corporal punishment, you sure you talking about the arctic armor, i thought you were not supposed to dry these suits. If i go with the xl will it being kinda big effect how warm it keeps me. Do you think its possible the size of the large is off comparred to some

Yep blue Arctic Armor,machine wash tumble dry low! ;)

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2009, 01:56 PM »
Yep blue Arctic Armor,machine wash tumble dry low! ;)

Arctic Armor doesn't come in blue. Only Ice Armor does. But then maybe that's why you have the wink smilie.
Ken                                          

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2009, 03:39 PM »
Arctic Armor doesn't come in blue. Only Ice Armor does. But then maybe that's why you have the wink smilie.

OOPS my bad,I was talking about ice armor.The names are about the same,maybe a business ploy.....

You cant dry Arctic armor?????

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2009, 10:53 PM »
I have the Artic Armor and the fabric doesn't stretch.  I do feel some restrictions around the shoulder area for me as well.  Belly area is plenty big for me. 
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline E.C

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Doesnt that restriction get annoying. Iam going to try another large and see if that makes a difference, maybe i recieved a defect coat. I guess id rather have it alittle big on me then be uncomfortable.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2009, 05:29 PM »
It's just the coat design.  It's not like it's tapered at the waist, nor the material folded around the shoulders or folded on the back to allow for ease of movement. 
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline E.C

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Ya i suppose your right, the coats designed for ice fishing, not much reason to be moving around all that much. thanks

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 18, 2009, 08:55 AM »
I guess I would go with a suit with a little more room. Anything a little to snug is going to leave cold spots where it is tight. Make sure you're totally happy cause the suit is not cheap and is a good investment and will last you a long time. Fin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.