Author Topic: Eyoyo underwater cameras  (Read 5381 times)

Offline imgonnamissher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eyoyo underwater cameras
« on: Dec 13, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Just wondering if anyone heard of Eyoyo underwater cameras. My son wants to order one from ebay, but I haven't even heard of them before. Found out (and it took some time{red flag})that they are from Hongkong China. He wants to get an "Eyoyo 30m/164ft8gb 9"LCD 1000TVL Fish Finder IR Video Camera" from EBay. All comments welcome.  :tipup: :icefish: :unsure:
When Hell Freezes over........I'll Ice Fish there too!    <><   <*}}}><     <><   <>< <><

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Eyoyo underwater cameras
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Sounds similar to this post on AO:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=333741

Looks like everyone made out good with their purchases.

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2017, 03:00 PM »
Does not sound like something you would want.  Too many guys reporting issues.  Like the old saying

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ;D

SHOTGUN

Offline jpohlic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2018, 01:05 PM »
I ordered a 15m infrared LED Eyoyo camera for $163 shipped and it arrived the other day. I charged the battery and turned the unit on and saw nothing but a blue "no signal" screen. After numerous attempts at unplugging and re-connecting all the wires I did get a few seconds of flickering video before it went back to the blue "no signal" screen. I packed it all up to return it but then yesterday I tried it again and it was working fine. I think both the camera and the screen are ok but there is an issue with the wiring between them. I'll take it to the lake this weekend and test it out before deciding whether to return it or not. FWIW, the image quality is pretty darn good for a cheap camera

The more I fish, the less I know about fishing...
Send me a PM if you'd like info about how I built my ice shack

Offline jpohlic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2018, 08:14 PM »
Used it on the lake this weekend and was quite impressed. Picture quality was very good, better than I was expecting, and battery life was ok, about 5 hours. It would have been more but I forgot to unplug the led lights when we weren't fishing and they ran for 6-7 hours without the camera on.

One negative that I noticed was with the screen. It has very good picture quality but only when viewed straight on. From even a slight angle the screen looked darker with much less contrast.

Other than that it seems like a decent camera for the price.

I have until the middle of March to return it, will update then

Offline imgonnamissher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:51 PM »
Thanks for the update. My son smarten ed up and got a aquaview. :tipup: :icefish:
When Hell Freezes over........I'll Ice Fish there too!    <><   <*}}}><     <><   <>< <><

Offline jpohlic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2018, 05:33 PM »
Well, it's been used for a few more weeks and I'm actually quite impressed with this camera considering the price I paid for it. This weekend we had it on for at least 8 hours and it was still going when we packed up. I'm really happy with the picture quality.  The only downside, like I mentioned earlier, is the viewing angle is not great, you need to look straight on the the screen or the contrast/brightness is lost.

Offline Northern Fisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2018, 08:33 AM »
does this unit have a video output to plug into and use a tv as the monitor?

Offline jpohlic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2018, 08:45 PM »
Yes it does

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.