Author Topic: Ice Shanty get together on Bass Friday?  (Read 5291 times)

Offline gettofisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Shanty get together on Bass Friday?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 26, 2008, 07:08 AM »
and a umbrella :D

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2008, 10:08 AM »
The ole lad and I are talkin about tryin to show,,,,you gonna show before 3? be a long day if we dont head up till them. How late ya be fishin. give me some of the low down on whats happenin.
uSUALLY GET THERE ABOUT 2-3PM. END UP STAYING TILL 12AM,DEPENDING ON THE BITE. MIGHT BE LATER IF THIS MANY GUYS SHOW UP
 THEY USUALLY START BITING 1 HOUR BEFORE DARK AND SPOTTY AFTER.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 26, 2008, 10:15 AM »
dont feel bad we dont know this lake very well neither, but were gonna give it a go, hopefully i dont get to be known as the stupid guy who fishes on an 1 1/2 of ice.
NOT 2 WOEEY WE WILL TEACH YOU AND PUT YA ON THE FISH-FOR THE RIGHT PRICE HAHA JUST KIDDING.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 26, 2008, 10:22 AM »
T minus two hours and couting!!! C-ya, Crapie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline littled62

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 219-670-9620
« Reply #34 on: Dec 26, 2008, 10:25 AM »
we were thinking about coming, never fished bass lake befor, where is everyone parking? I will be in a big yellow dodge truck, I'll bring a radio and have it on ch. #1.. any thing special to bring? what kind of bait?

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 26, 2008, 10:40 AM »
we were thinking about coming, never fished bass lake befor, where is everyone parking? I will be in a big yellow dodge truck, I'll bring a radio and have it on ch. #1.. any thing special to bring? what kind of bait?
Pimples and shiners!! we'll be out in front of the public access!! C-ya, Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Dec 26, 2008, 10:42 AM »
I'm going to head out in a while.
I'll be in a rusty black 95 f250 4x4.
My radio is in the truck so if batteries are good I'll have it.

Littled62 you need bass minnows ie; shiners or golden roaches. Shirley has bait @ Butch's west of the lake on 10.

see ya
mike

I will have a shappel 4000 with a conduit sled next to it. Oh ya and all the walleye laying on the ice LOL

Offline WALLEYE CHEEKS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 26, 2008, 11:04 AM »
Count me in!! I'll be driving a white Dodge Dakota and fishing out of a Fish Trap Scout. Good luck to all.
It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear!  - Norm (from Cheers)

Offline purduebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 26, 2008, 11:11 AM »
I wish I could make it out there with you guys, but I have the WORK thing to do.  Man that vacation went by too fast.  >:( Goodluck I hope you guys hammer 'em.
BOILER UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline leavnsorlips

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 26, 2008, 11:35 AM »
please tell me that u fellas will keep an open mind as to maybe doin this again somewhere later on this season if the ice holds. i am unable to make it this time, but would love to shake hands w all yall. i am suddenly reminded of when i was a kid and got too sick to go trick or treatin, just ate me up inside. anyway best of luck guys! i am lookin forward to hearin a buncha BS bout the trip!

Offline littled62

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 219-670-9620
« Reply #40 on: Dec 26, 2008, 11:46 AM »
getting ready to leave, I'll have a fish trap pro, wife will have a green Eskimo 150

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 26, 2008, 08:35 PM »
With it being a 3-1/2 hour trip to Bass Lake for me and the bad weather we had this morning I decided to stay closer to home,needless to say we still seen a walleye....lol....I talked to a couple buddys who were up there(Bass Lake),2 of em didnt have any keepers,and the other(Limit_Out and 2 buddys had 13 keepers)There were quite a few still out fishing at 7:30,Im sure we'll get a report tommorrow sometime.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 27, 2008, 02:46 PM »
So wheres the reports at guys? I know there were fish caught....lol

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 27, 2008, 03:34 PM »
I ended up with 3 keepers. 20, 15, and 14.5 inchers.
Gave them to Hoosierbassin.
They weren't biting real good where we were.
I did have a good time meeting some of the iceshanty crew.
mike

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #44 on: Dec 27, 2008, 04:36 PM »
I know AlgaeKilla had a limit, Allen had 3, Icedogg had 2 and I left at 6:45pm with none. They stayed till 2am. I'll let AlgaeKilla tell you more if he wants.
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #45 on: Dec 27, 2008, 04:55 PM »
I ended the day with 6 eyes, NONE were keepers over 14, and almost a dozen gills from 8 to 10 inches. Bite was really slow and I drilled over 65 holes. Deep to shallow. Last I heard was that Mike had 3 nice walters iced. Good to meet some of the crew out there. I went out again at 6am, see if we could get a few gills or crappie. Nothing at the ramp, and 5 keepers at the pocket. Hit a small pond after that and iced 5 cats all in the 3lb range, nice eaters. Pulled out one Gill that was huge. Only 11 inches long but it had shoulders, it was almost 2.5 inches wide, and tipped my digi scale at 1lb 14oz,  my biggest gill in 2 years, and he was the only one we got on that pond.  I,ll post a pic when i figger out this new digicam.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Dec 27, 2008, 05:45 PM »
    Glad to hear some of the Ice Shanty members had a chance to get out do some fishing together. I was going to go until this Ice storm hit, we had 12 cars stuck on the road by my house they couldn't get up out of a valley at a stop sign.  Derslayer1 sure knows  this lake and catches the fish .I would like to meet up again sometime with everyone.         Good Fishing,  High Flags  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline brad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Dec 27, 2008, 07:59 PM »
I decided to head up there  I got there around 4pm  a 2hr drive  it was my 1st time there  so i just headed out to the right of the group  the bite was slow at first but i ended up catching 7 only 2 keepers a 14.5" and a 16" the rest were close  It really hurts me to throw a 13.5" eye back. Most of the fish came on tip ups with big bass minnows  2 on glow jigs n minnow 5.5 f.o.w  fishd til 11 pm they were still biting i was just to tired so I slept in the truck and went back out at the beach access after breakfast in culvar and managed to get a few bites and flags that was it  so  at 1 pm  i left and went to bruce lake were all the fish had lock jaw i watched them with the camera  just act like all 6 of the jigs i tried weren't even there I think alot of it had to do with the storm that rolled in around 4 30 it was nasty
 im definitely headn back to bass for another weekend trip   

I know im a new poster but ive been reading the posts for years
                                      anyhooow just my 2 cents

does any one have an explanation for the black film that was collecting in the holes from the water running in???  it was lake wide
I take em how ever I can get em

Offline graham

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 27, 2008, 08:18 PM »
Huh.  I didn't notice that Brad.  Sounds crazy.

I didn't know about the get-together until I showed up to fish with AlgaeKilla, Icedoog and Brett. 

We did pretty well later in the evening in some interesting ice conditions.   :D

Here's a pic of my three keepers:

Offline Limit_Out

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go BEARS
« Reply #49 on: Dec 27, 2008, 09:58 PM »
I didn't know you guys were getting together because I haven't been on for a week or so but we made it there around noon Friday, after a 3 hour stop and go drive.  We fished a pond for an hour on the way waiting for the melt on the roads.  We saw that huge crowd in the shallow water until the fog closed in.  I also had film in the holes, looked like oil of some kind.  Anyway, we got 13 keepers on bass minnows on real small jigs and tip-ups with pink hooks.  Weedline we fished was 4 fow but we also got them out to 8-9 fow.  Got many shorts too.  We walked accross the lake around the open water and over a nice sized pressure crack before we got into the area.  Stayed till 7 or so I think, too much rain and too much driving ahead.  Nice temps to be out hole hopping though and we had a pretty good day.  Got 1 crappie and the rest were walleye charlies. 

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:23 PM »
Talked to Davec on the phone at 10:30 tonight and they were gettin a few fish,along with a wet arse,he said it was pouring rain,they went through at the pressure crack,got wet to theyre knees and kept on fishing,good job Tony and Ryan,wish Bret would of stuck around,and to you Limit_out,great Job,seems like them walleyes follow Uncle Gerry around.....lol......Im ready for a re-freeze

Offline Bronzeback5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:50 PM »
That black weedy oily film was at Loomis Friday night too.

Offline davec

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Dec 28, 2008, 04:45 AM »
just got back just now from the trip up there, we fished the crowd scene for a couple hrs, packed it up on the quad and made a move across the lake, we caught several shorties, but did manage several keepers. fished all night fri, all day sat till 3am. very creepy out there the rain and wind tore the lake up where we was pretty fast. was sitting in the shanty just watching the open water getting closer and closer so we decided it was time to go. the pressure crack ain't no joke azz got soaked. it was nice to meet everyone out there, crappie rob i went to look at the fish my buddy got, looked up and u was gone, wished we could have finished our conversation ;)mayb next time. it was nice to meet u deerslayer thanks for coming up and saying hi. im sure we will eachother again sometime. until then everyone it was a pleasure fishing with you guys, stay safe, and dry. davec       

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #53 on: Dec 28, 2008, 07:36 AM »
I dont  know WHAT that black oily film was, It was alot more noticeable the next morning in every hole.

Davec....I seen that big pressure crack over by cedar and gull point. It looked like a little bit of open water to the south there, was it? Or just alot of water on the ice.? Its really shallow towards cedar pt, if you were south towards gull, you,d have went in alot further than the knees! C,mon next big freeze...

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Dec 28, 2008, 08:37 AM »
That Black film was more than likely air pollution guys. I've seen it before. Rain cleans the air and it freezes in the ice, until it thaws, I think alot of you thought that but like me didn't want to say it. All depends on which way that winds blowing from.
Tom

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 28, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I have seen it just about every year towards the end of the ice season when the rain hits the ice and the runoff goes straight for the holes.  It appears to be a brownish sudsy foamy looking substance.   I am not sure if this is the same thing you are seeing but that is what I have always noticed.  As someone else mentioned it is from the dirt in the air which is brought down in the rain, rain actually requires some sort of particulate for the moisture to build on.  It is like when you wash your car and it rains your car ends up with a gritty dirt on it.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline brad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 28, 2008, 11:11 AM »
that is what i thought too   its scary to think about how that stuff could build up fast!! makes me wonder if our kids will be able to eat the fish and stay healthy. On the same note us for that matter >:(

I know this could be a touchy subject  but face it  its the truth
            all the stuff that gets pumped up in the air comes back down what are the side effects??

I take em how ever I can get em

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Dec 28, 2008, 03:26 PM »
I try not to think about stuff like that considering people are living longer now days as the pollution rates go up.  The body is the best doctor out there, I never go to the doctor unless it is something critical since the body has a way of naturally curing itself.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Dec 28, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Nice to meet you Derslayer and Davec. Just got home. Everytime I go up north the freakin' ice melts. Had a blast once we got on 'em around 9pm Friday. Had my limit before midnight and threw back four shorts (2 of 'em were 13 7/8"). Got one on a tip-up and the rest on spoons.

Photobucket can suck it

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Dec 28, 2008, 07:26 PM »
nice job.........love them eyes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.