Author Topic: Ice Fishing Video Game  (Read 19685 times)

Offline Swede

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Fishing Video Game
« Reply #60 on: Mar 09, 2006, 01:17 PM »
Could players compete against eachother in a tournament? Set up tip ups.. have to use a compass and map to get back home and to certan prize spots... It could even teach me how to use a flasher maybe? sure count me in.

PIKEGUY

« Reply #61 on: Mar 09, 2006, 01:30 PM »
Could players compete against eachother in a tournament? Set up tip ups.. have to use a compass and map to get back home and to certan prize spots... It could even teach me how to use a flasher maybe? sure count me in.

Tip-ups, tournys, upgrading poles baits shanties wheelers!!!!! Oh man the possibilities...   Flaaaag.

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Mar 09, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Great Idea. Let's get this think going already!

Offline bigfish1556

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Mar 09, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Zach -

Just fed-ex'ed a full proposal for the game "Ice Fishing North America", with full sponsorship by Clam Corp. and Vexilar, to SONY for review.  Should hear within the week whether or not they bite on it.  I'd attach the full proposal, including the demo version we mocked up but I can't host it on the shanty's servers. It essentially incorporated most of the ideas, including yours, presented on the multiple pages of this post. Thank you kindly for the inspiration and assistance. I will keep you in mind when awarded the contract to fully develop this game :)

Just kidding!!!!  Lots of good ideas, just need to find the right individual to sell it to......Good luck!

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Mar 09, 2006, 04:16 PM »
make it multi player on line for sure

count me in

Offline axtell31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Mar 09, 2006, 04:33 PM »
ya id definately buy it.  Id never get anything done during the summer though  ;D

Offline Reel Wet Ride

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ft. Myers, Florida!!! WHAT?
« Reply #66 on: Mar 09, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Maybe its already been discussed here, but it should be a progressive game. Start with a little spooly pole, a bucket, an old spoon auger. Then as you catch a certian size/species of fish, you get rewarded with money to buy new gear/lures ect. Buy a Lazer auger to speed up your hole drilling, buy a lantern for the ability to fish at night. Pick up a vex to check your hole. Get the idea.  You'd have to win small local "tournaments" to unlock new areas to fish statewide, country wide, international. Also incorporate all the different styles of icefishing....spearing, tip-ups, jigging.

RWR
aka the video game guru.
Falling through the ice means driving home naked!

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #67 on: Mar 09, 2006, 05:01 PM »
i would buy one ;D ;D ;Dwould be sweet and you could have different snowmobiles/trucks/quads to drive around the lake and if you fall through the ice and lose your mode of transportation you should have to pay to get it out and lose some points. all in all the probablility of them making an ice fishing game isnt so good but if they do im getting it when it gets to the store 8)

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #68 on: Mar 09, 2006, 05:20 PM »
Count me in

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #69 on: Mar 09, 2006, 07:40 PM »
A video ice fishing game would just be awesome you just can't get enough ice we would have to find someone with a walk in freezer and set it up in there

crowkiller

« Reply #70 on: Mar 10, 2006, 08:38 AM »
if you build it they will come

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Mar 10, 2006, 09:24 AM »
I'll buy two, just because!

Great idea, I hope this goes through.

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #72 on: Mar 10, 2006, 09:30 AM »
FishBoy899 and Myself were discussing that if there was an ice fishing video game, we'd definatly buy it. We started coming up with this list of things to include:

Equipment: Various jig rods, of different powers and quality, tip ups, line of different #test, leaders, different sized treble and single hooks, flasher, shanties, lanterns, underwater camera, buckets, sleds, GPS, lake maps

Clothing: Different quality suits, bibs, coats, gloves, boots, etc...

Lures: All different sizes and colors of various style lures (jig spoons, teardrops, glowjigs, Raps, etc...)

Bait: Spikes, mousies, wax worms, shiners, minnows

Other things: Truck, 4-wheeler, snowmobile, different augers-->hand and power, in different sizes

-Money to buy gear in a career mode, along with tournies and quick play mode...

-Gain skills learning to catch and land different species, using different presentations
-Maintain health by dressing right for the weather, eating, using the shanties, and watching for bad ice.

-Fish: Bass (LM & SM), Trout (Lake, Splake, Brown, Rainbow), Pike, Muskie, Tigers, Pickeral, walleyes, Panfish(perch, crappies, bluegills, pumpkinseeds, rockbass, white perch, redears), Catfish, Salmon, sauger)

-We thought that you could start off on smaller reservoirs, and ponds, and work your way up to places like Devils Lake.

The reason I posted this is because we want to see who would buy a game like this. If we get enough replies from people who would buy it, we want to send an e-mail to a company with out idea. Please, let us know what you think of the idea. Thanks!

-Zach
add like side thingies, like a bounus game to keep birds of prey off your catch.  or kill the annoying friendly guy who runs up and drills a hole next to you when youre catching fish.  your shantie would be upgradable with experience, the more master aglers patches on it, would earn you secret lures, and poles, or a hot tip from an oldtimer or something like that.  you have to get health power ups to increase your fish awareness.   you caould pick these up off ppl as you increase in exp.  "confidence" would be an attribute, when using different tackle.  it would be something that increases as you catch fish. 
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #73 on: Mar 10, 2006, 10:13 AM »
heres some more thoughts.  you could use your camera to find secret lures on different lakes.  another side mission would be to avoid drunken snowmobilers, or keep drunken snowmobilers from going to the bathrom in your shack.  thats it, i could go on and on
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline Chuckles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #74 on: Mar 10, 2006, 11:15 AM »
To put another slant on this video game. Could you have weather play a part in how well or poor you are at catching fish?  sunny....overcast..... barometric pressure rising or falling....rain or snow and windy conditions......just to make it more life like.....LOL

I'd buy it just to get the grandson hooked on icefishing.

Chuckles

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Mar 10, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Pop up tips would be good too...

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #76 on: Mar 10, 2006, 11:24 AM »
you could get berkley or dave gaenz to fund the game, and market it for you.  berkely could flood the game with their worthless products.....you could go head to head with genz in a tournament or something.  this game is turning into a monster  :o
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Mar 10, 2006, 11:27 AM »
I'd probably get skunked in the game also...how bad would that be, LMAO

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #78 on: Mar 10, 2006, 11:31 AM »
I'd probably get skunked in the game also...how bad would that be, LMAO
lol, youd get really good on the game, then youd go out with some berkely maggots, and then reality would set in...hahahaaa
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline Chuckles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #79 on: Mar 10, 2006, 12:03 PM »
Hey....one down side to this is keeping those Ski-Doos and Hockey players off the ice....Oh, that's right this is only a video game.  Just think....Being able to icefish year around....we would then have.....Ice-aholics Anonymous.

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Mar 10, 2006, 12:46 PM »
sure i'ld buy it. why not be able to trap your own bait too.

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

PIKEGUY

« Reply #81 on: Mar 10, 2006, 12:48 PM »
sure i'ld buy it. why not be able to trap your own bait too.

And bait your own trap! lol ;)

Offline red_eyes

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAGG!!!!!!!
« Reply #82 on: Mar 10, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Id buy it, sure would be neat to have in the offseason, even a virtual reality icefishing game would be sweet.
Pain is temporary, trophies last forever

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #83 on: Mar 11, 2006, 01:25 PM »
I'm not one to sit inside and play video games but, this would probally get me started.

Offline Hawkeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Mar 12, 2006, 06:43 AM »
I would definitely play this one, but there would have to be a fun fishing section in it too. For the people that want to actually fish for recreation. ;). Also you would need to make sure that on any level a once in a lifetime fish could be caught. Just think jigging for panfish and a nice walleye decides to take the bait. Let us know when the demo is ready to roll.  Good luck.

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Mar 12, 2006, 10:21 AM »
I'm not much for video games but I think you guys are on to something here , I would probably get it myself . [For the rainy days]
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get the gaf, I'm catching this one!
« Reply #86 on: Mar 12, 2006, 07:46 PM »
  Great idea!

If the ice was bad, would you be able to fall thru? If so, would a helicopter save you?
Might be great practice for all the dinks fishing Erie on crappy ice ;D
" I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day at work anytime!"

Offline fisheraug4life

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If ice fishing was a job, then I'd be glad to go!
« Reply #87 on: Jul 27, 2006, 12:40 PM »
which game sustem should it be?
Fish in the shack, while smoking a few cigs. D##n! That's a good day for me.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Jul 27, 2006, 12:55 PM »
wow, someone was in the archives ;D

Offline Nitro_372

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Jul 27, 2006, 01:11 PM »
great idea would be all over this game ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor