Author Topic: Snow Dog Registration in Utah  (Read 2043 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Snow Dog Registration in Utah
« on: Nov 08, 2022, 07:36 AM »
This subject was discussed last ice season and it was determined by the Utah DMV & DNR that there was no state requirement to register Snow Dog type conveyances.  The word from Utah government agencies back then was that they would continue studying this issue.

Since we are now on the verge of a new ice fishing season, I thought it would be good to know if any thing has changed with regard to Snow Dog registration.  I reached out to the Utah DMV and asked them: ‘Has a consensus been reached between Utah DMV and Parks & Rec folks on the matter of registration requirements for Snow Dogs?

Here is their response: ‘Currently there have been no changes concerning the Snow Dogs.  These are currently not requiring a title or registration on them.’   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Snow Dog Registration in Utah
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2022, 07:40 AM »
Whooo Hooo.  👍👍
That’s the way it should be.. @)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2022, 09:00 AM »
W when they stopped and checked us last March at the berry they said there would be registrations this season. Lol. Looks like they can't decide what to charge. Good to see you'll get another year Bob
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2022, 10:30 AM »
I haven't seen it in any of the legislatures interim meetings thus far this year, so it's still a big question mark.  I'll keep looking.

Is it ice yet?  😁
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2022, 09:59 AM »
Haven't been myself but have heard word  of some in the uintahs and Henry's. My 1st ice is probably looking to be some time on the weekend of 18th-20th more than likely in Wyoming
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2022, 12:21 PM »
Haven't been myself but have heard word  of some in the uintahs and Henry's. My 1st ice is probably looking to be some time on the weekend of 18th-20th more than likely in Wyoming
Some of the WY folks are touting below zero night time temps already, so you should be good to go by then.  I hope to be able to join y'all for a day trip or two this season.   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2022, 05:53 PM »
For sure Bob we'll be keeping you in the loop
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2022, 09:58 PM »
Some of the WY folks are touting below zero night time temps already, so you should be good to go by then.  I hope to be able to join y'all for a day trip or two this season.   ;D
Currently minus 2 in northwestern Wyoming.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2022, 08:27 AM »
Currently minus 2 in northwestern Wyoming.
And local KSL Weather is reporting +2 in Rock Springs this AM.  We may have an early Christmas gift here in Utah this year.   ;D ;D ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2022, 11:02 PM »
So, I wanted to have something in writing from the Utah DMV confirming that they are not registering Snowdogs so that if I get hassled by any other agency about it, I could just show it to them. Here's is the email response I got back from Programs Manager, Dana Johnson, providing the confirmation. It also indicates that the DMV is "in communication with the Division of Natural Resources"...so DNR staff should be "in the know". I'm going to keep a copy of this in my tackle box just in case. Last year when the DNR stopped me at Lost Creek they were pretty adamant that I was wrong when I told them the DMV was not registering Snowdogs, hence my reason for getting something back from the DMV in writing.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.