Author Topic: Polar bird part's  (Read 1123 times)

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Polar bird part's
« on: Jan 31, 2022, 03:13 PM »
Anyone know where I could get a replacement hub for my Polar bird 2T shanty ?

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Polar bird part's
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2022, 05:50 PM »
The closest dealer is in Germany.  Freight would be exorbitant.  The pop-ups are made in China and distributed by Polar Bird based in Russia.  The US distributor, Nikolay Krupelnitsky, a young Russian kid, bailed and abandoned the brand.  You would be far better off trying to find a hub that would fit/work from a well known US retailer; Eskimo, Clam, Otter or Frabill.  Take some measurements and make some calls.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2022, 05:53 PM »
Yup totally agree.my polarbird 4t is still working great although i see some rust developed on some of the metal hub components.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2022, 06:02 PM »
I treat my 3T like it’s irreplaceable because it is.  It’s one of the best hubs ever developed (with the floor) and everyone that owns one counts themselves fortunate.  They are fantastic shelters in build quality, warmth and durability.  I take great care to make sure it’s well taken care of.  When I’m finally taken by the Lord, some lucky bast*rd will likely buy a pristine Polarbird 3T for a song from my estate. LOL!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2022, 06:07 PM »
I treat my 3T like it’s irreplaceable because it is.  It’s one of the best hubs ever developed (with the floor) and everyone that owns one counts themselves fortunate.  They are fantastic shelters in build quality, warmth and durability.  I take great care to make sure it’s well taken care of.  When I’m finally taken by the Lord, some lucky bast*rd will likely buy a pristine Polarbird 3T for a song from my estate. LOL!
lots of guys stop by and see what my shelter is.the white interior is genius too.it stays light for way longer inside it compared to the black interior.

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2022, 06:28 PM »
Glad I didn’t get one of those shacks!
Catching Any?

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2022, 07:15 PM »
Thanks for the imput.  I won mine on this site several years ago. Used it for the first time this past weekend. I had a hellava time trying to fold it back up. Got frustrated and forced it. Breaking the metal hub. I patched it up in my garage & again had a hard time folding it up. Watched a few videos & they make it look so simple. I finally figured what I was doing wrong. Now if I can remember the next time. It will be easy peezy .

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2022, 08:14 PM »
My brother in law has a 2t and a 4t.
4t sets up like a normal hub. The 2t is a totally different story. Tough to get it taken down.
He tried to give it to me... I  politely declined ☺
I wish that I bought the 4t long before they closed shop... :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.