Author Topic: Clam Silkies  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Wahusker

• IceShanty Rookie
Clam Silkies
« on: Sep 11, 2021, 03:13 PM »
It's crazy that they are out of stock.....everywhere!!!!! Has anyone heard why Clam is not producing them?

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam Silkies
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2021, 08:29 AM »
They probably can't get silk from China?
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2021, 08:44 AM »
I dont believe that Clam has shipped any stock to its various retailers as of yet ...and if they have shipped its limited stock/items . Most retailers haven't even started up the hunting season sales yet . If/when they do get stock pounce as they sold out last season fairly quickly. I see lots of retailers have them on their site ..but out of stock ..probably in anticipation of restock for the season.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2021, 07:03 PM »
They were hard to find last season, I ended up finding an eBay seller who wasn’t gouging prices due to the shortage, but had to pay a few bucks extra for shipping. They did work pretty well for me on panfish and one silkie would last all day, so I’d recommend using any time you might be using a jig with a plastic or other artificial bait.

Online FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2021, 09:09 PM »
Make your own. I did.

Cabela's silicone glow beads and a spool of silk thread from the fabric store.

The thing I found troublesome was the bead was tough to pierce, rather than elastic. Stayed on the hook forever, though.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2021, 08:10 AM »
Guys started a thread last year when the Silkies came out.  Clam said that they should have their stock in stores and online in a month or so.  Stores haven't switched over to winter items - still in hunting mode.  If I run across stores that have them, I am going to grab a few packs and give them a try.  Lots of positive reviews, but always like to try them myself. 

Here was the link from last year if someone wants to try and make them at home.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=379802.msg4118026#msg4118026
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.