Author Topic: Gander Outdoors Revamp  (Read 782 times)

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Gander Outdoors Revamp
« on: Sep 07, 2021, 08:38 AM »
Our local gander is clearancing out fishing, clothing, ammo, guns and every thing not marine or rv or camping. Not much left at all.

Looks a lot like when gander mountain vacated. They're on line store is looking the same as in store. They also closed another store in flint recently.

I closed my account today.

Standing center store, shot from back to front.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Gander Outdoors Revamp
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2021, 08:42 AM »
https://go.campingworld.com/warehouse-sale/

Looks like it isn't just the one store, but it doesn't say which stores it all includes. I'll have to swing by our local one today to see if I can't score some deals. Either way, I agree it seems like a little bit more than a "warehouse sale" going on...
Da Pack!

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2021, 09:29 AM »
Heard this same news this weekend.  Have a BIL that shops at his local store and he talked to a sales associate.  He was told this is all stores for the switch.  They are getting out of the sporting goods, and going full camper related items only.  No news on the closing of any stores.  Wouldn't be surprised if some end up closing though. 

I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2021, 09:37 AM »
When Gander Mtn closed/rebranded to Gander Outdoors my local was slated not to be on the chopping block..but things changed Gander Outdoors were only going to keep store locations open that were allowed to have on site RV sales and inventory ...my local town would not oblige and poof she was gone.  Probably the same song in some locale now .. but getting out of the sporting goods may be the actual plan . They were not competitive with other retailers for the most part . I bought alot from Gander Mtn..lots of deals to boot . Gander Outdoors ..not at all .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2021, 10:43 AM »
 Last year gander out doors had an in store Sams club members sale and it was amazing , it could be the same , last one was called a warehouse sale 
 I bought a Quantum Accurist for $39.00
  Along with a Sakana 7’ med rod $14.00
 Great combo for wenching up deep water perch , I’ll have to stop to see if this is another good sams deal

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2021, 07:44 AM »
It was pretty picked over by the time I got there yesterday. But I picked up a new tackle bag, enough fluorocarbon to replace all my spools, a couple filet knives and a bunch of the rapala pliers/scissors/line cutters all for 75% off.
Da Pack!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.