Author Topic: Humminbird Announces " Live and 360 Mega Ice Units.  (Read 878 times)

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Humminbird Announces " Live and 360 Mega Ice Units.
« on: Sep 01, 2021, 01:37 PM »
If you have DeeeeeeeP pockets. Just got an email from Humminbird about these soon to be released units for ice fishing. Not to pick on them but the 3K setup that is the Live version.

It is not any better than my old style Panoptix. At least from my initial reaction. Perhaps if I see one in use this year it might change my opinion.

I was completely happy with my old system. Then I just had to try the Livecope introduced by Garmin. So far I rate that as my biggest mistake in my life not counting my two exes.

Sold the Livescope and retreated back to my old reliable fishfinder. Just wish I could replace my PS-22 for what I sold mine for.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Humminbird Announces " Live and 360 Mega Ice Units.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2021, 02:04 PM »
May I ask reasons for regretting Livescope?

I ain't got that kinda cheese that I wanna spend on it, but if I won the lottery, thought I'd consider one....

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2021, 02:58 PM »
May I ask reasons for regretting Livescope?

I ain't got that kinda cheese that I wanna spend on it, but if I won the lottery, thought I'd consider one....

From another point of view....  I have used Livescope for 3 full ice seasons now, it gets used several times a week during our 4-5 months of ice, I have more than gotten my money's worth of enjoyment out of it.  I would be difficult to go back to a flasher.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2021, 03:59 PM »
Reasons for regretting the Livescope purchase.

1. Constantly had to fiddle with settings. The greater detail may worth it to some but not to me.

2. Fish graph returns are smaller. The original Panoptix exaggerates the size so making it easier to see for old decrepit guys like me.

3. Livescope much heavier and bulkier not to mention greater power consumption.

4. Rather devote 90 % of my time on the ice to actual fishing. The older panoptix permits this. The livescope always made feel more like a lab tech instead of a fisherman.

5. I absolutely learned to hate that damn box.

I also went back to to the old stuff on my boat. The PS30 and PS 31 find me all the fish I need and then some.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2021, 10:25 AM »

If I had to spent that kind of money to find and catch a fish or 2 it's time to give up fishing! WOW!
I'll stick to my Helix 5. lol

smitty :tipup:

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2021, 10:28 AM »
Are these the same units that IDO was using last season or are they modified specifically for ice this season?
Da Pack!

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2021, 10:55 AM »
Are these the same units that IDO was using last season or are they modified specifically for ice this season?

Probably the same units ..just on stop shopping ...I believe last year you had to piece it together ..which may still be an option and could be cheaper for some anglers .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2021, 12:16 PM »
Reasons for regretting the Livescope purchase.

1. Constantly had to fiddle with settings. The greater detail may worth it to some but not to me.

2. Fish graph returns are smaller. The original Panoptix exaggerates the size so making it easier to see for old decrepit guys like me.

3. Livescope much heavier and bulkier not to mention greater power consumption.

4. Rather devote 90 % of my time on the ice to actual fishing. The older panoptix permits this. The livescope always made feel more like a lab tech instead of a fisherman.

5. I absolutely learned to hate that damn box.

I also went back to to the old stuff on my boat. The PS30 and PS 31 find me all the fish I need and then some.

Once its dialed in, its pretty incredible. I am waiting on the fall Garmin rebate before pulling the trigger on Livescope...wish you still had your unit for sale...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.