Author Topic: Quickfish 3 Bag storage aka 10 pounds of poop in a 5 pound bag  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Mike84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone have any luck finding a bag that makes it so one person can shove that thing in a bag solo?  I think I remember someone on here using these things and skipping the bag in general. https://www.niteize.com/product/Gear-Tie-64.asp  Curious if anyone still uses it and if so how well it works?
I'm just here for the ice fishing groupies..

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Quickfish 3 Bag storage aka 10 pounds of poop in a 5 pound bag
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2021, 01:31 PM »
You might want to look into getting a bag for the insulated quickfish 3. Because of the thicker walls the bag is bigger. I have both bags and there is a bit more room in the one for the insulated one.

Offline On The Lam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2021, 01:33 PM »
I've posted this before when this topic was discussed previously, but the below is what I do.  Several others that posted seem to do something similar...

In addition to the included cinch strap, I added a couple more on my 3I.  I don't put it back in the bag after the day is done...no way I'm fighting that.  I just collapse it, cinch it and throw it in the sled.  At home, I unfold it loosely, and it stands in the shower in the spare bathroom until it dries out.  Once it's dry, I'll take my time snugging it tight and neatly putting it back in the bag for next time.  I also have an Otter hub and do the same, even though the bag is considerably larger and more forgiving.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2021, 02:15 PM »
Anyone have any luck finding a bag that makes it so one person can shove that thing in a bag solo?  I think I remember someone on here using these things and skipping the bag in general. https://www.niteize.com/product/Gear-Tie-64.asp  Curious if anyone still uses it and if so how well it works?

Yep that was me ...use those ties on a very windy day by myself ..must say very ezpz . As far as bags .. thinking maybe the right size Christmas tree bag .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline MC_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2021, 02:17 PM »
For my FatFish949i, same deal - really tight fitting bag

I don't bother with the bag at all. I just put a couple snug bungee cords around it for transport. Then let it dry out at home, put bungees back on

No sense taking it out of the bag at beginning of day, cramming back into bag, removing from bag once at home, and then back into the bag before going out again. Wayyyyy too much trouble

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2021, 02:22 PM »
I use cinch straps with velcro for my quick fish 3i. I gave up on my quick fish 4 and got a much larger bag for it.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 2021, 03:19 PM »
I got in on one of those Amazon warehouse deals for a quickfish 3 earlier this Spring. Just in the couple times I set it up in my garage I could tell that bag was going to be a problem out on the ice. I looked into it, there are beach umbrella bags, the mentioned xmas tree bags, tent bags, hockey stick bags, etc.

Several that would work, but were all not the "right size", usually way too long.

Otter makes an oversized replacement bag for the Cabin that is just the right size, but before I spent the $$ on that, I bought a few more velcro straps from Menards, similar to the one the quickfish comes with. I found those straps did the trick, using three velcro straps, I can easily slide the quickfish into (and out of) the bag.

Otter bag: https://www.otteroutdoors.com/product/carrying-bag/
Straps: https://www.menards.com/main/home-decor/office-supplies/adhesives-tape/mounting-tape/velcro-reg-brand-velstrap-reg-36-x-2-fastener-straps-2-pack/90440/p-1444445730365.htm

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2021, 03:27 PM »
I also dont put my hubs in the bag after a long day or night.break it down and strap it to sled.they are a pain all iced up and frosty.i take mine and put it in the shower to melt when i get home,set it up to dry completely then i put it back in the bag.it amazing me in the difficulty getting the frosty stiff shelter in its bag compared to a thawed one.seems like it grows double in size.however the polarbird 4t bag is huge and with the cinch straps its easy to bag it up.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2021, 04:34 PM »
On my Yard sale deal I pickup up the QF3 and it came with the bag that is open on one end only. Popped it up one day and let the Great Grand Daughter play inside with all her dolls. Went to put it up and there isn't anything to hold it together while I stuff it in the bag. Was a pain at first until I figured out to take a little time and it went in nicely. I used to have the Wide House 6500 and the 5500 Shappell and there bags were zippered. They went into the bags a lot easier. If you can find the bag for the 5500 Wide house it should work great.
<===Lefty===

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2021, 02:51 PM »
I also dont put my hubs in the bag after a long day or night.break it down and strap it to sled.they are a pain all iced up and frosty.i take mine and put it in the shower to melt when i get home,set it up to dry completely then i put it back in the bag.it amazing me in the difficulty getting the frosty stiff shelter in its bag compared to a thawed one.seems like it grows double in size.however the polarbird 4t bag is huge and with the cinch straps its easy to bag it up.

I do the same exact thing with my Clam Bigfoot which is going on like 8 years now. The next morning after it's dry as a bone it goes into the bag easy peasy.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Online RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Aug 19, 2021, 03:18 PM »
Get a set of these.  In addition to being perfect for what you want they are also the best thing to use for tying the shack down in the wind.  Also the 4 pack costs the same as one of those things you linked.

https://www.amazon.com/Reinforced-Adjustable-Anti-Loose-Fixtures-Capacity/dp/B08VVZ2MKC/ref=mp_s_a_1_38?dchild=1&keywords=ratcheting+rope&qid=1629403901&sr=8-38
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 01, 2021, 07:40 AM »

I have the Eskimo fatfish 949 pop up shanty and yes it's a pain in the A@# putting it back in the bag.
I bought 4 big velcro straps roll the shanty up tight velcro the straps together nice and tight seems to fit no problem.
It does take time but it works out fine.

smitty :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.