Author Topic: Finished strong  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Finished strong
« on: Apr 01, 2021, 12:21 PM »
Fished the 1st Connecticut Sunday through Wednesday. Brought my kids and one of their buddies up for a couple days. Two 12 year olds and a 10 year old. Unfortunately it was the worst weather. Sunday was windy and rainy but we got a few hours in before the rain and wind pushed us off. We got 2. My son lost what looked to be a big fish due to the way his rod was bent. It let go and my son's friend also lost a solid fish. Which would have been his first laker. We were able to get out Sunday night the wind broke and it wasn't raining. We tried to jig for cusk and had no luck but it was fun. They were excited to try night jigging....  Monday was colder with more wind and snow. They lasted about an hour and a half. Conditions were terrible. They toughed it out but we got skunked. So we went home. I went back up with some buddies after I dropped them off.... we fished hard until 3 yesterday. We landed close to 50 lakers between the 5 of us. Biggest being 20-21 inches. Looking forward to next year! Good luck everyone with open water fishing. Time to start throwing flies before work consumes all my time......
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Finished strong
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2021, 12:27 PM »
Sounds like a good trip all around! How did your son take losing the big fish?

Also let me know when you want to get out on some soft water before you ramp up at work.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2021, 01:42 PM »
Sounds like a good last trip of the season... Good luck in those streams
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2021, 02:22 PM »
Sounds like a good trip all around! How did your son take losing the big fish?

Also let me know when you want to get out on some soft water before you ramp up at work.

He wasn't happy at all. Head dropped and there was yelling.... Yeah I'll let you know. I was out today for a bit in the rain locally and had no luck.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2021, 03:53 PM »
Digs I was waiting to hear how you did.  Your a good dad sounds like fun . thanks for posting  see you on the lake

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2021, 07:11 PM »
Nice Job Digs...  way to get the boys out and then finish the season with a flurry of lakers.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2021, 08:35 AM »
way to get on some spring ice and have success congrats!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2021, 08:04 PM »
Digs, don't know you, but know that lake well. Great job getting the kiddos out! I feel like the sun never shines on the 3rd! Georgeous spot there.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2021, 07:09 AM »
Nice job Digs.. it’s stream fishin time !   Good luck
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2021, 07:13 AM »
Nice report way to finish up the season. Sounds like you made the best of it.  I feel for your son losing that fish.  We all been there. Way to get the kids out there. I'll be stream fishing tomorrow and doing some scouting for next ice season.
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.