The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: CRYSTAL LAKE 2021  (Read 8251 times)

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: CRYSTAL LAKE 2021
« Reply #60 on: Mar 09, 2021, 03:04 PM »
Only lost 2" of ice last week that's pretty good.  We lost 4-5" on our pond, the deer are still crossing on it, heard it making noises yesterday so thinking it's time to turn the aerator on and get it opened up fully.  Got the boat batteries charging and packing up the shanties for summer storage this week.  Start chasing steelies this weekend for me.  Its still cold at night but I wouldn't trust Crystal ice as much as I would like to get some smelt in the bucket.  I think I will start doing my ice dance in July this year maybe we can get a polar vortex in November/December like we used to.

Offline Michigan Slim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Michigander by birth, Hoosier by force!
« Reply #61 on: Mar 10, 2021, 07:47 AM »
I'll be up in Newaygo County this weekend. I'll walk down the road to Pickerel Lake and start shaking. Man, I wasn't ready for this year to end. Time to get the cabin open and the boat ready I guess.
Heart in Michigan. Stuck in Indiana.

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Mar 10, 2021, 08:36 AM »
I am in Newaygo county, temps in the 40's the past 2 mornings and all the snow disappeared yesterday in the front pasture.  Had a lot of open water around the north end of the pond and the windmill aerator has opened up a big circle now so it is melting fast up here.  56 deg in Frankfort this morning at 7am can't be good for Crystal either.  Definitely time for getting the boats ready and hitting the piers and streams.

Offline Michigan Slim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Mar 10, 2021, 09:35 AM »
I have 40 acres of my great grandparents farm just west of Hardy Pond. Hoping to get the boat out there this summer.

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Mar 10, 2021, 03:50 PM »
I have been up here a couple years now still haven't made it out on the Pond yet.  Maybe this year, the wife said no major projects this summer so we have more time to fish and I am not going to argue.  We have a ranch about 25min from Davis bridge I think it's called.  Have heard there can be some really good fishing at times and can be tough on newcomers learning it.

Offline Michigan Slim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Mar 11, 2021, 07:11 AM »
I'm about three miles, if that, from Davis Bridge. I've had good luck on gills. The best walleye I saw was on the end of my daughters Barbie rod. About three pounds. Some pike in there too. Crappies and when you find them. Tough place to fish.

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Mar 11, 2021, 11:18 AM »
The crappie fishing is what I have been told about and perch at certain times also.  Hope to get a chance to try it this year at least once.  Hard for me to decide which way to go being about the same distance to the big lake and a couple other inland lakes I have been fishing.  Another warm morning here 56 at 5am, turned the aerator on this morning the pond should be fully opened up later this afternoon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.