Utah > Ice Fishing Utah

Flaming Gorge 2021

(1/5) > >>

muskyon46:
Thought I would start a thread for our 2021 trips so, Got out to the gorge this last weekend. We went out lost dog to the end and went upstream as we knew the ice thickness would be fine for what we were hauling out from our scouting trip the weekend before. Ended up on 12in+ of ice and there was people fishing as far as we could see when we pulled out yesterday. Looks like the confluence ice is thick enough for sure with all the peeps out around there. I didn't pick a very good camp spot and we only ended up with just a couple of burbot in camp and the rest were pups, cuts and a few bows. Biggest fish was a burb coming in at 25in. caught out deeper off the channel. We'll be back up in 2wks and I'm pretty confident we'll be fishing further south for sure. Only got a couple pics this trip.

Here's a short video I shot on the scouting trip

Hutbomber:
Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for the pictures and video. It's cool to see the lights on the poles at night. I like how Lawrence always catches the most!!  ;)

muskyon46:
You know how it goes, it's always a good time doing the weekends at the gorge. We're all really digging those new lights we put together last season. Perfect for the jackers. That Lawrence can definently rip some lips. He put in his time out deep while me and sky were fishing in camp being lazy. Hope to see you up there soon

fishonone:

--- Quote from: Hutbomber on Jan 12, 2021, 09:16 AM ---Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for the pictures and video. It's cool to see the lights on the poles at night. I like how Lawrence always catches the most!!  ;)

--- End quote ---

Well you know how it goes I rather be lucky than good

HardH20Fishin:
Anyone planning on heading up to the Gorge this weekend? Thinking I'll head there early Sat morning and stay through Monday. Any word on how far south the ice is getting? Anvil area thick enough yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version