The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Olmstead County area fishing conditions  (Read 1093 times)

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
Olmstead County area fishing conditions
« on: Dec 27, 2020, 10:50 AM »
I just bought my son in law a bunch of ice gear for Christmas. Planning to head up there right after New Years to give it to him.

Obviously, I'll have to show him how it all works...

Are any of the lakes fisheable? For us that means 4" or more of ice to stand on. I want to get him started on panfish. I've taken him ice fishing here in Indiana before he moved. Now he's the lucky one with a longer season!

You are welcome to respond in general on the post and PM more specifics if you wish.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Olmstead County area fishing conditions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2020, 11:15 AM »
Are you speaking of Olmsted couny in Rochester?  No ice here..... not that I would walk on anyway....;)
We don't have any real lakes here; Lake Zumbro; which is just a wide area of the Zumbro river. You'll need to go quite a bit farther north or further west to find any lakes. I do see some shacks are just starting to pop up on Albert Lea lake right now.  Be more than happy to point ya out to some fishable areas. PM me if youu want.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2020, 09:22 PM »
Thanks, Rebelss! I'm likely to take you up on that!

I may take him north towards the cities if there's time. I grew up a mile from Medicine lake in Plymouth, MN. I used to know that lake pretty well. It may have changed a lot over the years though.

I also spent some if my "formative" years in Wright County MN. Worth the drive as long as his work schedule allows.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2020, 08:00 AM »
Anytime! Wish I could be of more help, but this neck of the woods is the only area in Minnysoda that DOESN'T have a lake!  Great for stream trout fisherman, though.... ::)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.