Author Topic: Kenders T-Rip  (Read 2003 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Kenders T-Rip
« on: Dec 22, 2020, 06:52 PM »
Well I haven't even fished all the Kenders K-Rip and now they have this new T-Rip micro lipless crank bait lure.  Comes in two sizes, 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch in 1/32 oz and 3 /32 oz respectively.  Treble hook size is #16 and #14.  Lure has a rattle chamber too.

I like the profile of this one with it's longer slim body.  It's almost like the Rapala Slab Rap in profile.

First things first will be the field test of lure as is.  I am planning to swap out the hooks.  I may go with a single hook first but not the one that came with the package.  I want something a little larger, maybe size 8.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Sufishticated

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Kenders T-Rip
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2020, 07:01 PM »
Can't wait to get my. Ordered on Dec 9th, still did not get it, may have got lost in transit >:(

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Kenders T-Rip
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2021, 04:06 AM »
So I put the Kenders T-Rip to use.  I actually took the treble off and installed a single hook to fish first.

The larger one I put like a size 6 sproat hook.  The smaller one I put an Owner Mosquito size 8.  I did fish along side the Kenders K-Rip Micro.  Being 3/32 oz. in weight it had more sinking rate than the 1/16 oz. K-Rip Micro.   The diminutive size of these lures makes them great forage for bluegill and to my surprise I caught deep water blue gills on the larger of the two.  The single hook was very effective for blue gills and worked so much better than a treble hook.  Even with the crappie bite, I got solid hook sets on the single hook.  I think the best advantage to the single hook was that it was not standing point upwards like typical jig hook.  I had the hook more so flat.  I was thinking that I would miss a lot of hook set due to that, but it was just fine and probably better.

Because the water was so stained, I couldn't see how the lure would perform down the hole.  Within the first feet inside the hole, I see that the T-Rip like to do a slight forward darting.  While I'm sure it would just spiral on the fall like how most jigs would from the ice hole.  The Kenders T-Rip gets my recommend to buy and try.  It has a different profile from normal round/oval lipless crank baits. 

Now if they would just make a little bit larger at one full inch.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.