Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Jigging

Favorite High-End Rods?

<< < (4/16) > >>

TheCrappieFisherman:

--- Quote from: spoofhoundicefisher on Nov 02, 2020, 09:31 PM ---HT blue ice for me.  its not a custom rod but somebody had to make it.

--- End quote ---

Nothing wrong with those or the Shakespeare ice noodle.. They can fit a specific need. There is a reason why some of the top ice anglers in a MN ice fishing circuit and the NAIFC run them with a few modifications.

Reinert:
My custom made by Matzilla has opened my  eyes to the benefit of a true custom rod, I wanted something I could feel.the bite on for my heavier walleye applications, I was amazed by the amount of perch and crappie that would bite and I'd actually feel it rather than just see the rod move. It was spendy but sometimes you have to treat yourself!

Agronomist_at_IA:
Bricker custom Rods.

No custom rod even comes close to a Bricker rod.

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: Agronomist_at_IA on Nov 03, 2020, 07:21 AM ---Bricker custom Rods.

No custom rod even comes close to a Bricker rod.

--- End quote ---

Until someone else comes in and says no other rod comes close to the one they have. 😉

Junkie4Ice:
" _____ makes the best custom rod there is" -Every fisherman with a custom rod.

I see a lot of people liking TUCR, and a lot of people bashing over-priced on the shelf rods....what's the difference? TUCR are sold at Scheels and you're paying for the name brand. For the price you pay for a TUCR I can buy two truly customized ice rods, probably even made with the same blanks. If you don't choose the coloring, the length, the number of guides, the type of guides, the handle style, handle material, how is it customized? Half the fun of buying a custom rod for me is throwing around ideas with the rod builder based on my style of fishing and lure preference.

Don't get me wrong, I have a TUCR PN that I bought when I was in a pinch and it's a super nice rod. But I don't even take it with me most days anymore as it's probably the 4th "best" rod I own now.

Just food for thought, TUCR opened up peoples eyes to 'custom rods' but are no longer custom or even top end IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version