Author Topic: Normark Fin-Bore III to drill adapter help please  (Read 2005 times)

Offline IcefishrNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Normark Fin-Bore III to drill adapter help please
« on: Sep 06, 2020, 07:56 AM »
I have the 8" Normark Fin-Bore III hand auger and just picked up a Milwaukee M18 Fuel model 2804-22 1/2" hammer drill/driver kit with the 2 5ah red lithium batts.

I've been looking for the best way to pair the two but it seems some of the better adapters specific to the Normark Fin-Bore III are always sold out and other adapters that look like they might work don't mention the Normark Fin-Bore III specifically.

If anyone has successfully paired the two, please let me know what set-up you use.

Thanks!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Normark Fin-Bore III to drill adapter help please
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2020, 08:34 AM »
Not familiar with the Fin-Bore III input shat diameter ...but if it is 18 mm which is pretty much standard on Moro .....Strikemaster ..Eskimo etc the StrikeMaster NDA-3 is a good choice pair it with the SM flange and Clams Auger Extension if extra height is needed . Just note last season some members experienced so play/slop with the adapter ..some applied some tape but SM eventually came up with a fix via a plastic collar at no charge and fast shipping ..also adding Loctite isnt a bad idea either.

https://www.rapala.com/strikemaster/auger-accessories/power-ice-auger-accessories/two-stage-drill-adapter-for-auger-drills-/NDA-3.html?AID=14006870&PID=9069228&SID=oc5A05L8E%2FcFrofF6SHThBgghFqtCr63zA9F5RIdvcQrYVQiJ5kU4de1xVgvSkLW&afsrc=1&source=affiliate&pub=Bing+Rebates+by+Microsoft&LINK=Big+Jerk+320x50&CID=5250933&utm_campaign=9069228&utm_source=Bing+Rebates+by+Microsoft&utm_medium=CJ&cjevent=959684def04411ea812b03910a240612

https://www.rapala.com/flange-for-cordless-drill-adapter-/FND.html#id=11&q=fnd&start=1

https://shop.clamoutdoors.com/drill-auger-extension.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline IcefishrNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2020, 07:44 AM »
Thanks for the links and info HD,
I read about the wobble issues and saw a few videos but I think it was a bigger problem for the users needing to use the 22MM part of the adapter if they are using the lite flite or Lazer power auger.....the new plastic clip goes on the 18MM section of the adapter and may not be needed or may not be usable for anyone using the Mora hand or Lazer hand auger.
Thanks again and stay safe!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2020, 08:38 AM »
If it is an 18 mm input shaft the Clam Plate is another option as well ..Clam extension for extra height if needed ..without a center point on the Fin bor auger  can be a lil awkward./tricky ..and some what injury prone on glare ice as youll need to on top of the auger to get it started ..where with the Clam plate you can be back a ways until it bites and then step into it . It will be a learning curve for certain ...wear your cleats on glare ice either way.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2020, 08:46 AM »
I have a 6" Fin-bore III with the Strikemaster adapter and flange.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2020, 06:24 PM »
If it is an 18 mm input shaft the Clam Plate is another option as well ..Clam extension for extra height if needed ..without a center point on the Fin bor auger  can be a lil awkward./tricky ..and some what injury prone on glare ice as youll need to on top of the auger to get it started ..where with the Clam plate you can be back a ways until it bites and then step into it . It will be a learning curve for certain ...wear your cleats on glare ice either way.

On glare ice it might be useful to have a hatchet to chop a hole that you can start the auger in.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2020, 06:25 PM »
I read about the wobble issues and saw a few videos but I think it was a bigger problem for the users needing to use the 22MM part of the adapter if they are using the lite flite or Lazer power auger.....the new plastic clip goes on the 18MM section of the adapter and may not be needed or may not be usable for anyone using the Mora hand or Lazer hand auger.

I don't find wobble to be much of a prob. As soon as you start drilling the wobble stops
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2021, 12:31 PM »
Just looking back at this post and I ditched the SM flange and went with the E-Z auger quick connect system and added a clam extension to the Finbore and that really made a big difference with the wobble I had with the SM flange. The E-Z auger stub shaft is a little more of a tighter fit in the auger extension shaft and the extension extends down into to auger so that helps to eliminate the wobble as well. For the drill plate I just ordered a replacement pistol bit disc and added that to the setup.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2021, 03:38 PM »
I get mine from a guy on EBAY- he makes what you want, and ships in a day or 2. If you can describe what is needed, I am sure he can fit you up. I had him make a custom length chuck replacement type for a pistol bit to a larger chuck spindle thread, and I had it in less than a week.

Here is a listing of his:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183357837078?hash=item2ab0fa8f16:g:fLcAAOSw0UdXubrE

his EMAIL is [email protected]

Don't look at the part in the listing- he can make anything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.