Author Topic: Why is ice fishing so much like a woman?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Why is ice fishing so much like a woman?
« on: Aug 12, 2020, 06:15 PM »
Why is ice fishing so much like a woman?

Just stepping out there on fresh powder and leaving tracks behind, I pull out my auger and pick out a good spot of my choosing.  The prime of the gas bubble primer and the pull of the starter cord to get that engine running is a ritual love.  I let that little gas engine warm up as I hold onto the vibrating handle.  After I take in the view around me, I push down the throttle lever and let the drill turn as the blades bite into the virgin ice.  There is a synergy of push and pull, a method of pressing downward but gentleness, an expectation of the moment of punching thoroughly through the resisting ice.  Yes you see it is just like that intimate moment between a man and woman in their moment of pleasure.  The frozen ice that invite a man forth, the glassy ice that allows him to become intimate with it, the moment of breakthrough and the slosh of water and ice chips that spills forth from the hole is all the same enjoyment that brings to him a smile.  He smiles as he finishes each hole.  He goes onto the next spot and repeats it until he’s fulfilled his exhaustion or to his content.  If such an ice hole is fruitful, it will produce bounties of more joy afterwards.  It is the joy that only such a man has with his ice hole and he will have no problem putting up an ice tent and making merry all night long. 
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Why is ice fishing so much like a woman?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2020, 08:24 PM »
I was told a long time ago that the ice is like a woman. If it's making a lot of noise you're probably fine. When it gets quiet you should start to pay attention to the situation. ;D ;D

Offline Watertooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2020, 09:22 PM »
Hmmm...anyone willing to write up their experience with a hand auger?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2020, 04:34 AM »
Only similarity i can think of is they are both cold sometimes..

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2020, 06:56 AM »
Sounds like somebody's been cooped up too long. C'mon bob, get a grip.  ;)2 Or maybe that's inappropriate...  :whistle:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2020, 09:14 AM »
Yes but if one is to venture and find a crack in the ice even one that has frozen over, you must aproach with extreme caution. To not do this would put the ice fisher in danger and the fisher could lose his gear.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2020, 06:18 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;)

When the summer time temps are around it's peak...all I think is when is the middle of winter going to be here.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2021, 11:36 PM »
That electric drill, she's a beauty.

Ah new vows and promises.  It was a ceremonious event when alas a man has brought his new found love home.  Yes, insert the prongs into the slits.  Watch as the little LED lights indicates power.  That's right it's time to charge up that battery.  Leave it overnight.  Let the blinking charging lights repeatedly pulse.  After a good night's rest, with a fully charged battery, it's time to give her that maiden's voyage.  As he well knows, he must make sure the fingers are appropriately placed.  There's a trigger and a sensitive one too.  Don't want to just pull and push with full force.  That wouldn't be the best way to do.  There's a firmness and a delicate touch too.  Need to loosen the chuck and insert the drill bit.  Make sure it's properly aligned.  A good firm grip and hold is needed.  Once properly place, torque it down to snug.  Always double check and hold it, hold it, hold it, firmly until confidently assured.  Now the battery.  It just needs a nice grab and lift technique.  Yes, he's practiced this many times before and is a master of it by now.  Full hand cradle and fingers working a massage technique that brings the battery to the proper receiving slot.  With the proper alignment, it only takes a firm push and the sound of an accepting snap is vibrantly heard.  A firm two hand technique that is only reserved for just this moment.  A fully charged battery is now ready to power her.  Ready for a vibrating, gyrating, hum of a moment onto the next.  A firm grip and the trigger finger in position.  Push and she turns and hums.  Forward reverse, forward reverse, whatever his choosing she responds to his every command.  Can't wait to bring her out to the love shack, ahem ice shack.  :P

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.