Author Topic: OCTANE COMBO. FOR THOSE HOLDING OUT.  (Read 14767 times)

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: OCTANE COMBO. FOR THOSE HOLDING OUT.
« Reply #30 on: Dec 12, 2018, 12:52 PM »
I would get an Octane but I have a 750 in lb Fuel for chores and a 1200 Fuel that is dedicated to the auger.

Honestly, the 1200 Fuel leaves very little to be desired when I'm drilling ice but the lsa on the batteries with the Rigid is sweet. You don't get that with Milwaukee.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 12, 2018, 01:55 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I tried my best to hold out on this deal the past couple of weeks as I really don't "Need" a new drill/auger but today I caved.  Looking forward to my new auger arriving on Friday. 
I have been using an older Dewalt combo that I happened to already have.  It's been working ok, but I have been lugging 3 batteries out on the ice, attempting to keep them warm, etc...  But when fully charged they spun a 6" Lazer ok. 
Looking forward to seeing that lazer on the new Ridgid, i'm sure it will do great.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 12, 2018, 02:15 PM »

it is how their web page rang up the discount and not your doing. it should ring up full price on battery/charger and nothing for the drill. when doing this in store they charge you one penny on the free tool for the til to recognize their was a transaction. they don't charge you the penny.

actually, nothing stops anyone from buying this combo/free tool or any other combo/free tool and returning the free product after the fact for the value of the tool, which in this case would be 150$. there is one person on here who says to do so.
and it is xmas. they maybe just made yours brighter for the run around.

I say to do that, but not with the example you gave. I have never seen it ring up like you say.

Home Depot has always prorated their discounts between the two items when you get "free" tools when buying another item. They have no problem with you returning the hammer drill and keeping a 9aH starter kit for $95 for example. I don't see anything ethically wrong with doing so either; Home Depot has set the prorated prices where they are for a reason and wouldn't allow you to only return part if that wasn't the case.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 12, 2018, 02:19 PM »
If anyone is on the fence, this should give you a good shove:  LOL

luv2fish2

« Reply #34 on: Dec 12, 2018, 02:37 PM »
what is rigid's largest battery ? i know milwaukee is a 12ah

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 12, 2018, 02:39 PM »
Ordered mine yesterday. Going to use my 7" Lazer for now and see how that works.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 12, 2018, 02:43 PM »

9aH

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 12, 2018, 02:51 PM »

Is the 12ah milwaukee lithium ion?  I thought i read the 9ah octane was better than the 12ah but I might be mistaken.
westernmas on the finder

luv2fish2

« Reply #38 on: Dec 12, 2018, 02:59 PM »

i don't think anyone other than inexpensive brands make nickel cad batteries anymore , i think all the top player's are lithium

Offline .Pan Handler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 25, 2018, 08:13 AM »
Is anyone familiar with Home Depot’s website? I have been watching this Octane combo get cheaper throughout the month and finally got the HD gift cards I have been waiting for and now they took away the Ship to Home for free option and only have Express Delivery for $79??? There are none available within store for 100 miles either. The 9ah battery is still discounted with free shipping but the tool itself is not.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-OCTANE-Cordless-Brushless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Driver-Tool-Only-R8611506B/304304102?MERCH=REC-_-rv_mobileweb_rr-_-304740781-_-304304102-_-N

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 25, 2018, 09:14 AM »
Is anyone familiar with Home Depot’s website? I have been watching this Octane combo get cheaper throughout the month and finally got the HD gift cards I have been waiting for and now they took away the Ship to Home for free option and only have Express Delivery for $79??? There are none available within store for 100 miles either. The 9ah battery is still discounted with free shipping but the tool itself is not.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-OCTANE-Cordless-Brushless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Driver-Tool-Only-R8611506B/304304102?MERCH=REC-_-rv_mobileweb_rr-_-304740781-_-304304102-_-N
Try downloading the app to your smartphone. For some reason it works on my smartphone but not the website.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 25, 2018, 09:30 AM »

Add both in your cart and the price changes.

Offline .Pan Handler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 25, 2018, 10:00 AM »
I knew that both items needed to be added for the tool to be discounted and I have that in my cart. But until this morning there was a Ship to Home free option for the tool and now there is only Express Delivery available for $79 for the tool. That part is the bummer. I guess I’ll just wait a couple days and see if it goes back to normal.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #43 on: Dec 25, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Ah dang...you sold me.  Now I just have to wait till they deliver at store sometime in Jan for the starter kit, and wait till they store open tomorrow for the drill.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #44 on: Dec 25, 2018, 10:46 AM »
express delivery means hd online is sold out and only stores have stock. if your able to use express delivery the store will charge to bring it to you from what ever store is willing to bring it to you.
better get one before the stores are sold out if you want one. i had to drive 90 miles to get mine.

they did fix their cart system to be correct now for the price with free tool. it had always been 10$ too much.

Offline .Pan Handler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 25, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Wow, well that’s too bad. I’m very disappointed I waited to buy it then. Cost was no issue but wife would be happy if I waited to buy it and got gift cards for the holiday to justify it.  Waiting for that got me this time. Don’t think I’ll have time to drive to a store with stock before they likely will run out. Oh well...

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Dec 25, 2018, 12:14 PM »
Wow, well that’s too bad. I’m very disappointed I waited to buy it then. Cost was no issue but wife would be happy if I waited to buy it and got gift cards for the holiday to justify it.  Waiting for that got me this time. Don’t think I’ll have time to drive to a store with stock before they likely will run out. Oh well...
What’s your zip code

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Dec 25, 2018, 12:19 PM »
call the store(s) closest to you and see if they will let you buy one on the phone. i know they will hold one for you for at least one day. i had them hold one while i drove to get it for free and bought the battery/charger on-line.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Dec 25, 2018, 01:26 PM »
call the store(s) closest to you and see if they will let you buy one on the phone. i know they will hold one for you for at least one day. i had them hold one while i drove to get it for free and bought the battery/charger on-line.

Home Depot customer service is very eager to please. Text or call the 800# tomorrow and they'll take care of you.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Dec 25, 2018, 03:27 PM »
So now I need to find my old plastic frisbee or go find one at the thrift shop to modify as auger saver.  I plan on using my old StrikeLite auger with the plasticky flighting.

Offline .Pan Handler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Dec 25, 2018, 04:05 PM »
I’ll have to try the customer service line in the morning. A store 80 miles away has 3 in stock so may have to recruit a buddy to go grab one for me otherwise. If I buy the battery online in advance hopefully that wouldn’t be a problem.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Dec 25, 2018, 04:12 PM »
So now I need to find my old plastic frisbee or go find one at the thrift shop to modify as auger saver.  I plan on using my old StrikeLite auger with the plasticky flighting.
Walmart. $1 in the dog food section.
<===Lefty===

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #52 on: Dec 25, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Walmart. $1 in the dog food section.

LoL...why didn't think of that.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Dec 25, 2018, 06:32 PM »
I’ll have to try the customer service line in the morning. A store 80 miles away has 3 in stock so may have to recruit a buddy to go grab one for me otherwise. If I buy the battery online in advance hopefully that wouldn’t be a problem.

I used their text message customer service and it was nice to not have to sit on the phone. They were very helpful, I hope it works for you!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Dec 26, 2018, 09:16 AM »
someone just mentioned this deal will extend thru 02.04.19

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 26, 2018, 09:47 AM »
Curious, does anyone know if the drill itself will come back in stock online?

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Dec 26, 2018, 02:54 PM »
I picked up the drill at the store, now just have to wait for battery delivery.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Dec 26, 2018, 04:21 PM »
when i add the items to cart it tries to charge me 79.00 express delivery.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Dec 26, 2018, 04:33 PM »
when i add the items to cart it tries to charge me 79.00 express delivery.
the drill is out of stock online right now, the $79 is to deliver it from a store to you.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Dec 26, 2018, 04:53 PM »
Curious, does anyone know if the drill itself will come back in stock online?

2/5/19 probably

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.