Author Topic: Best Chair for ice fishing  (Read 20474 times)

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
Re: Best Chair for ice fishing
« Reply #150 on: Jan 15, 2021, 12:18 PM »
Many of you are referring to the directors chair from Cabelas, Coleman, Trophy Ridge, which is the same style as the Harbor Freight one, except you are probably paying twice as much for yours.  I have tried many and the HF chair is great.  I bought 3 of the Eskimo 3 legged chairs when I bought my 949i and that was a mistake....
i did see a similar chair made by one of the big ice fishing companies (forget which one) was the same as the harborfrieght with exception of cup holder on table and they wanted 69.99!!!!
HARBOR FREIGHT CHAIR IS LEGIT! going on 4th season and  i beat the hell out of it, its super light, easy in and out, and it was like 20 bucks! side table is nearly useless...

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #151 on: Jan 15, 2021, 08:31 PM »
How comfortable are the mesh seats from Otter?  I sat in both the Eskimo Wide One and the Otter Hideout, but didn't really pay attention to which one was more comfortable.

I do remember the Eskimo being pretty comfortable, and the Otter being wobbly.

I'm trying to find replacements for my heavy Frabill (but comfortable) boat seats to cut down on weight.

Unfortunately, I am only able to find the Otter mesh seats right now; the Eskimo Versa ones are out of stock everywhere.

They quit selling Eskimo Versa chairs unfortunately.

If you lean back hard into the backrest, the top bar digs into your back. So you have to sit straight up in them.

Maybe you can get replacment seats from them. Those won't have the folding legs.

Offline MNicecold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #152 on: Jan 16, 2021, 09:12 PM »
They quit selling Eskimo Versa chairs unfortunately.

If you lean back hard into the backrest, the top bar digs into your back. So you have to sit straight up in them.

Maybe you can get replacment seats from them. Those won't have the folding legs.

Yeah, I saw those Versa folding chairs mentioned in some previous posts.  Those looked like a great option, but yes, I see they are no longer available.

I was looking at the replacement seat from Eskimo/Ardisam...https://ardisam.com/15004-seat-versa-top  Not the cheapest option, but not the worst.

Otherwise, there is the Otter Mesh seat...  https://www.otteroutdoors.com/product/seat-assembly/  Looks to be pretty similar to the clam.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.