Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Jigging

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

(1/4) > >>

ChenBassHead:
Hello! Im 16 and from New York, and im new to ice fishing. I was wondering if you could tell me some tips to jigging for perch and crappies. What kinds of lures do you use, like what brand of spoons and jigs do you generally use and what do you tip them with? colors? size? style? any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks
-Zach  :'( 8)

PeRcHsLaYeR:
Rat finkies never fail, size 12-14 and in green, orange, and pink, then you always want to get a dark color in case the fish are spooky.  For perch the larger ones like minnows and the smallers ones usually eat mousies.  For crappie minnows are all I use but wigglers work well for both species.  And alwasy use a light action rod.  All I use are HT Blue Lites and they are the best rods i have ever used.  And stick to 2 pound test it never fails, it's invisible under water and most likely won't break. ;D

ipunch2u:
I totaly agree with rat finkies..I use the glow at night tipped with a minner.  I have also found Shrimpos tipped with a grub to work pretty good too! :'(

3RivAnglr:
                 16 any good quality teardrop jig in the sizes mentioned will work. Most important is finding the fish. Main lake points with large flats r usually good 4 perch make sure the point is not to sharp a drop off perch like a smooth transition better. As 4 jigging try it all I usually almost dead stick 1st few minutes then go to an agressive jigging 4 a little while if that doesn't work well u can try pounding the jig on the bottom 10 or 15 times then raise it up to about 6" off and wait. Give them the action they want and hold on.
           GoodLuck Jim C.

skulldugary:
16,experiment and move,experiment and move.Trying different things and being mobile can make all of the difference some times..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version