Author Topic: "IceGator Reviews"  (Read 22750 times)

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: "IceGator Reviews"
« Reply #90 on: Nov 15, 2016, 02:32 PM »
You are joking right that's a 9.5 inch bit, count how many second it takes to go down based on the number of flightings. 20 seconds Icegator spins at 375 rpm nothing spins that fast  not even the Eskimo with a 8" bit meh

"How many seconds it takes to go down based on the number of flightings"

Lost me there..

RPM is also almost irrelevant here, just because you can spin tires doesn't make you fast.. Depth and rate of cut are what makes things happen..

One perspective would be to compare augers like boat props.. A 15 is going to be easy to turn but if you can get a 24 going you got something entirely different..

Another perspective, forget the bits and RPMs, watch how fast the motors sink..

<°)))>{

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Nov 15, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Scratcher--You and I are not likely to cross paths to put it to the test but I'd put Little Pokey up against any 8" gasser in Colorado. Somebody PM me and we'll meet in early February on Elevenmile and burn 10 holes from a cold start for pink slips.
Stinky

I have seen some pretty fast Icegators, a lot faster than the one in the video he posted.. Also probably faster than my old Eskimo.. I was only saying I'm not that impressed with that video..

<°)))>{

Offline largemouth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Nov 15, 2016, 02:41 PM »
Now I am one of the biggest critics of the Icegator customer service that there is, but the product itself is amazing. I have only had mine for a short time, but the speed at which it cuts is heads and shoulders above any other auger out there. The Eskimo auger in that video is the propane version and there is just no way that thing is keeping up with the Anhilator. I had the Eskimo Z71 10" auger just before I got the Icegator. That auger was very powerful, but it also didn't cut as fast as the Anhilator.

I was very up front with Greg when he was going through the issues of delivering his product to his customers last winter. He actually started b***hing out some guy on a public forum because the guy wanted a refund due to the auger bit taking so long to deliver. I told Greg that his customer service was terrible. I also said that his products deserved a better business plan with proper customer service. Hopefully that is the road he is taking, but seeing the lack of response on Facebook to people that have been waiting almost a year for what they paid for, I doubt it.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Nov 15, 2016, 02:46 PM »
I think the Icegator video was pretty much rigged also Scratcher. How do you lose a auger down the hole that has a substantial bolt attaching it to the powerhead??? I have said it before and I will say it again.... I'm soooo glad icegator didn't respond to my multiple inquiries on pricing when I was going to buy one!!! I don't care how nice of a guy he is, If he takes these peoples money for the 9 1/4" augers he sold them and never delivers the auger or refunds them their money he should be prosecuted.... End of story.

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Nov 15, 2016, 02:56 PM »
Just to be clear here I to believe  if Greg is a up standing God fearing man I hope he settles his debt. I have sent a few emails to Greg about selling his business to someone who will take his invention to the next level. Just like another product that I was able to buy directly from the guy who invented it the hook set tip up, he stated that he sold his patent on HT enterprise. The tip up is amazing just like the ice gator which I hope Greg doesn't let a gift like his invention go wasted.
Again I hope Greg settles his debts and saves his self dignity.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #95 on: Nov 15, 2016, 03:10 PM »
Yes I can fix anything on the drive unit but the flightings are something I can not make.
Nils Bit! 

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Nov 15, 2016, 03:14 PM »
Nils Bit!
K drill or a 10 inch 224 bit

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #97 on: Nov 15, 2016, 03:15 PM »
K drill would be a good option.

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Nov 15, 2016, 03:20 PM »
K drill would be a good option.
Correct those bits aren't cheap though

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Nov 15, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Correct those bits aren't cheap though

Very true on the cost, however you will actually receive the auger.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #100 on: Nov 15, 2016, 04:34 PM »
LET me get this straight......Ice Gator goes out of business. The owner took orders and money from people. He took money for orders from people that were never sent the product. Owner still has not returned the money to the customers who paid or delivered them a product. Ice Gator wont  return those customers phone calls or messages on how things are being handled.......I don't call that a god fearing man. I don't call that a man with integrity. If things go wrong and problems arise you let people know what happened, how it is getting handled, and what is going on. Regardless of how good or bad it is.  At this point, I have no idea how anyone could respect a person that looks to have basically committed fraud on a bunch of people. Very sad it went this way. I do feel a bit bad for those who got ripped off, but there was plenty of warning signs.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Nov 15, 2016, 04:37 PM »
 :tipup:

That's about how I'm seeing this too Agronomist..

<°)))>{

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #102 on: Nov 15, 2016, 04:42 PM »
:tipup:

That's about how I'm seeing this too Agronomist..

<°)))>{

Well glad to know that others can see it for what it is.....I mean if I stated anything that wasn't true of the situation I will be more then happy to edit my post.

Offline Caseman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Nov 15, 2016, 04:51 PM »
Lol at feeling sorry for greg.

At least the people that ordered the icegators can get the money back.

I sent him 2 drives one to be repaired  and  one upgraded.   And I fully expected to pay for everything.  I was not expecting anything free.   

I sent them in January 11 2016.  And still nothing.   
He stopped all communications after a month.

I have filed with the BBB.

In my eyes Greg is a crook.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #104 on: Nov 15, 2016, 05:05 PM »
Lol at feeling sorry for greg.

At least the people that ordered the icegators can get the money back.

I sent him 2 drives one to be repaired  and  one upgraded.   And I fully expected to pay for everything.  I was not expecting anything free.   

I sent them in January 11 2016.  And still nothing.   
He stopped all communications after a month.

I have filed with the BBB.

In my eyes Greg is a crook.

So did you pay anything? He could at least send your stuff back.

Offline Caseman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Nov 15, 2016, 05:28 PM »
I will happily pay.  But he will not get back to me.  Multiple call and emails.

I have voice mails saying he got the drives.  Saying "i forgot about then  he will work of them asap."  That was a month  after he got them.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #106 on: Nov 15, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Sorry to hear man. So what are you doing for an auger now.

Offline Caseman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Nov 15, 2016, 05:43 PM »
I bought  a 5in lazer and going to use my milwaukee fuel which I already had .   I really don't know what I want. 

The icegator was a great product.  I just had issues with the base/handle cracking.

I had the 2nd edition one with the bubble buttons.  And that one cracked. I bought a replacement upgraded  one from greg years ago more of a molded  handle  (looked like recycled plastic  I'm sure it wasn't but looked like that. )   And that one had cracks in the mold  (the only way to describe it is like they were not hot enough and didn't melt fully. 

Offline tbulhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Nov 15, 2016, 06:20 PM »
Now I am one of the biggest critics of the Icegator customer service that there is, but the product itself is amazing. I have only had mine for a short time, but the speed at which it cuts is heads and shoulders above any other auger out there. The Eskimo auger in that video is the propane version and there is just no way that thing is keeping up with the Anhilator. I had the Eskimo Z71 10" auger just before I got the Icegator. That auger was very powerful, but it also didn't cut as fast as the Anhilator.

Just remember about the Eskimo and Jiffy Propane augers that in 20 years from now you will still be able to get little green propane tanks.  Without a carb to get fouled up by varnish from stale gasoline, these augers may have the longest longevity out there. 

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Nov 15, 2016, 06:48 PM »
Just remember about the Eskimo and Jiffy Propane augers that in 20 years from now you will still be able to get little green propane tanks.  Without a carb to get fouled up by varnish from stale gasoline, these augers may have the longest longevity out there.

until the lefties get those little bombs banned, as they probably should be.  carbs can be cleaned.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Nov 15, 2016, 06:53 PM »
 oh and i also had i.g.i. ( ice gator issues).  got told it was abuse, then got ignored.  i only got 1/2 a hole drilled before the first break down so tough to say there was abuse.  anyway it now sits in the closet with a bunch of stupid fish hooks i bought but never use.  my m18 fuel/finbore never leaves the truck.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #111 on: Nov 15, 2016, 07:05 PM »
  At this point, I have no idea how anyone could respect a person that looks to have basically committed fraud on a bunch of people. Very sad it went this way. I do feel a bit bad for those who got ripped off, but there was plenty of warning signs.

Dont feel bad man. There was plenty of warnings, posts, reviews, etc to warn anyone who was interested. If you bought one anyway, its your own stupid a$$ fault. It appears to me that Icegator had a couple buddies come on here, drum up some excitement about the product, take a bunch of pre orders, and then closed up shop. If thats not the very definition of a con, i dont know what is.

The bright side is, we dont have to listen to those clowns who preached how great the company is anymore..
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Nov 15, 2016, 07:11 PM »
So wanted one of these from ice gator.  But money was holding me back and I was really skeptical on how poor the service was with him. 

Oh well, I put my money on a 2704-22 milwalkee and 8" kdrill.
Don

Offline Caseman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Nov 15, 2016, 07:17 PM »
I was one of the early customers that never had any issues or warnings.     

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #114 on: Nov 15, 2016, 07:35 PM »
Dont feel bad man. There was plenty of warnings, posts, reviews, etc to warn anyone who was interested. If you bought one anyway, its your own stupid a$$ fault. It appears to me that Icegator had a couple buddies come on here, drum up some excitement about the product, take a bunch of pre orders, and then closed up shop. If thats not the very definition of a con, i dont know what is.

The bright side is, we dont have to listen to those clowns who preached how great the company is anymore..

Was it buddies? Or Just a couple different handles made. I mean an account with a total of 20 post sings like a bird for ice gator, yet doesn't seem to post on much else.......

Offline Caseman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Nov 15, 2016, 07:45 PM »
Delete

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Nov 15, 2016, 07:49 PM »

Those green 1lb tanks, I'm actually really surprised those haven't been phased out even 10 years ago, 85% of what you pay is for the container these days..

When I was a kid, and we raised all sorts of hell on dirt bikes, there was a saying...

2 Strokes truck, 4 strokes suck..

Still holds true today when it comes to small engine performance.. Feel free to holler wrong when they make a four stroke chainsaw..

I've still never seen a "fast" four stroke auger, that includes propane too.. I'm not against four strokes either, they have their place too...

20 years from now my already 25 year old Eskimo, will still be faster than any new propane today, and its way lighter too..

Not a fan of any four stroke that doesn't move around on its own, because of one fact, they are heavy..

My new auger (three seasons old) is electric, and the motor on it will get replaced as needed or wanted, also my motor and batteries will always be of the highest technology, and always be available for an upgrade.. What other company can offer that for support?

But I'll always keep my light weight 2 stroker close..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1MWRyYBSw00

<°)))>{

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Nov 15, 2016, 07:57 PM »
Was it buddies? Or Just a couple different handles made. I mean an account with a total of 20 post sings like a bird for ice gator, yet doesn't seem to post on much else.......
I have posted on other topics so what's your point did you buy or try buy a unit? Let me guess your liberal who will comment on any bad topic just to make yourself feel better. So how do you like those apples?

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Nov 15, 2016, 08:06 PM »
I still love my Gator.  Works flawlessly,  It's just on the heavy side. 
Gunnerdog

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #119 on: Nov 15, 2016, 08:07 PM »

Good point there as well...

Not very hard to get signed up with a username, email.. I have 3.. I know people that have 6..

Us for example.. Talk about tipups, sonar, drills, shanties, whatever...

Now these other guys that were supporting gatorbacks, if 90%+ of their posts are about/for that product it screams one word to me...

Shills

<°)))>{

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.