Author Topic: "IceGator Reviews"  (Read 22738 times)

Offline Icegator

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: "IceGator Reviews"
« Reply #30 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:19 PM »
Thanks jbird68 jumping in, nice to here it is still working Ok for you.  Honesty go's a long way with me, and FISHFORPIKE you stuck your neck out on the line.  It means the world to me that you did this. You mentioned ordering the new 42 volt 9.5 Icegator if it is Ok with you I would like to give you this unit. You can post up here how you like it or not, makes no difference to me.  Just need your name and address, you can reach me at [email protected] if this is Ok
Icegator Product Support

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:26 PM »
If i recall correctly, isnt Fishforpike your neighbor/friend or something. Pretty sure i recall him saying he knew you on a previous post.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #32 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Thanks jbird68 jumping in, nice to here it is still working Ok for you.  Honesty go's a long way with me, and FISHFORPIKE you stuck your neck out on the line.  It means the world to me that you did this. You mentioned ordering the new 42 volt 9.5 Icegator if it is Ok with you I would like to give you this unit. You can post up here how you like it or not, makes no difference to me.  Just need your name and address, you can reach me at [email protected] if this is Ok

Many thanks Greg.  Give my best to your family.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Oct 20, 2015, 11:47 AM »
Greg, also give my best to your family. Do I get one too? I'm not sure how FISHFORPIKE, bless his heart, stuck his neck out any further than other IceGator fans including me. You say you appreciate honesty but it looks like you work on a sliding scale. If you guys are buddies let us know so we can judge the reviews with a more critical eye.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #34 on: Oct 20, 2015, 12:18 PM »
No buddies, here. I been a fan if IceGator since I took delivery more than 6 years ago.  Always stood by him and understood the issues and growing pains.   @)

Offline Icegator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Oct 20, 2015, 12:53 PM »
stinkyFingers- you are correct you started the other thread Icegator/Nils you also stuck your neck out on the line for me, and very well put.  Before the two of you if anyone would have mentioned Icegator they would have got chewed up and spit out!!   Thanks for your support.  I will give you one. please send your name and address and phone number, you can send it to [email protected] Thanks again
Icegator Product Support

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Oct 20, 2015, 01:11 PM »
Greg-- Time out there, big guy. Thank you, but not required. My Attacker, Little Pokey, is more than enough power for me. I think you and FISHFORPIKE know each other from a sports show and there's nothing wrong with that. That's what they're for. He's a fan, I'm a fan. But I certainly have not earned a new auger by coming to IceGator's defense. Your products will build your reputation.  I'm confident that your service will soon match that level.
Stinky
PS-- FISHFORPIKE was ready to buy an Annihilator. Very generous of you. I'd take a brother-in-law discount in a couple of years when I'm ready.

stinkyFingers- you are correct you started the other thread Icegator/Nils you also stuck your neck out on the line for me, and very well put.  Before the two of you if anyone would have mentioned Icegator they would have got chewed up and spit out!!   Thanks for your support.  I will give you one. please send your name and address and phone number, you can send it to [email protected] Thanks again
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Oct 20, 2015, 04:32 PM »
 this is just goofy.  a bunch of us got crap service from icegator when they were a new company...i even convinced a few guys to buy their own.  now some guy starts a thread and gets a free auger???  lol is all i can say, and i never say that.

Offline sandhillguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Oct 20, 2015, 11:07 PM »
It's not to hard to see through the smoke on what's going on here. I just laugh at it and try not to post in the ice gator threads now. Funny how a previous sponsor jumps on the site that is not a sponsor anymore pushing his product and two individuals support and post stuff pertaining to icegator. Then the two doing so seem to get randomly picked to receive a free icegator. If he want's advertising, let him sponsor the webpage. Right now it seems they are just posting trying to get free advertising.
Im pretty good at reading between the lines, and im dead positive this isnt the case....... What i have noticed is 95% of what you post in threads is derogatory or just plain griping, like your never happy..... at all...... whatsoever... a sour sour everybodys wrong and you're right kind of man. If it isnt up to par with your standards then it just isnt worth ..... Smile a little man, be more tolerant of others preferences, we are all here for the same cause, because we enjoy this. I try to support every single brand that markets something in our field because I love the sport. I dont own an ice gator, Im not rooting for them, but I would like to see him succeed and he only succeeds by reciprocating honest support like us fellas give him in business. If he has had to improve then im sure he has realized that, easy on the guy. Dont come on the offensive in every post you see that doesnt fit your beliefs or interests, we are all different.

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Oct 21, 2015, 01:26 AM »
"Funny how a previous sponsor jumps on the site that is not a sponsor anymore pushing his product..."  I don't own an Icegator but the company is listed as a sponsor.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #40 on: Oct 21, 2015, 06:15 AM »
After reading all the posts on here. I have to say I hate to see the bickering that a couple people can do which turns  something sincere into a conspiracy.
  Just my own thoughts. I have owned a 12 volt and a 24 volt Icegator. Since I got my first it has been a huge draw. Ive had it on Saginaw bay all the way to Green Bay and down to south of Indy. People love to see it work and try it out on there own. It really is a fine piece of equipment. You really could see the difference it makes in the way people fish. No Gas, No hand cranking. It allow you to drill holes faster than any other auger and put more holes in, especially when your on the search for fish.
 I too have had a couple issues with mine and  with both it was only the charger. After a phone call the 12v charger was quickly replaced. I did have a little issue with getting the 24 volt charger, but things happen. For what it is worth, my overall experience with Gator has been a good one and I`m glad I got with Mark & Greg to have the best Ice auger out. I hope the business gets itself on top of it all and stays there.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #41 on: Oct 21, 2015, 07:18 AM »
I use mine and find it hard to drill the ice any other way. I have had to work on my older model, but I fixed it myself and continue to drill ice. Isn't that the point? To drill ice!
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #42 on: Oct 21, 2015, 09:01 AM »
After reading all the posts on here. I have to say I hate to see the bickering that a couple people can do which turns  something sincere into a conspiracy.

Thanks for the reality.  I apologize.  @)

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Oct 21, 2015, 10:44 AM »
i wish i could help you.  When i reached out for information about the product a few years back i got no response.  sounds like the guy has possibly remedied that which is great for him if you ask me.  but I went another direction and don't anticipate switching for some time. 

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Oct 21, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Geez, Hoosier it was just getting good.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Oct 21, 2015, 01:42 PM »
I love the concept of this auger I just can't afford it! Site sponsor or not, I have a hard time with spending $700 on an auger. It's obvious how you can afford to give them away to some. If you could make a light, Li-Ion version for close to $500, that would dominate the market.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Oct 22, 2015, 01:13 PM »
Ive been thinking of an ice gator combo with the 8" Kdrill!   Will there be adapters made to fit Kdrill?

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Oct 22, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Guess if there's a will, there will be a way ?
Bud

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #48 on: Oct 22, 2015, 05:15 PM »
Ive been thinking of an ice gator combo with the 8" Kdrill!   Will there be adapters made to fit Kdrill?

I think Greg (IceGator) will supply the adapter of your choice.  Why not go with his new 9.5" bit?

Offline Icegator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Oct 22, 2015, 06:04 PM »

The K-drill is the only one I don't adapt to, the adaptor takes to much work.  Like you may already know it was made for cordless drill, Think if you attach the new Milwaukee 1200 to it would do you a good job. Hope this helps you
Icegator Product Support

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #50 on: Oct 22, 2015, 06:37 PM »

The K-drill is the only one I don't adapt to, the adaptor takes to much work.  Like you may already know it was made for cordless drill, Think if you attach the new Milwaukee 1200 to it would do you a good job. Hope this helps you

The newer K-drill does come with a adapter for a electric drill but removing it leaves a .875 I.D. hole which accepts all the common augers.

I must also add my history with Icegator. I bought one of the first 12volt models years ago. I had an issue with one of the batteries arcing. Bending the battery terminals for better contact solved the problem. A couple years in, a nephew borrowed it and has refused to return it ever since. I believe he updated it with 12volt LithiumIon batteries. Greg did supply a adapter for a FinBore auger. When the new LithiumIon model came out 5 or 6 years ago I got one. I had a problem with the battery or charger or switch. I received replacement parts within a few days and the problem was gone. That one is now with a son-in-law and again I have difficulty borrowing it. I would order the newest model in a heartbeat but at my age (74 years) the weight scares me. Can't wait to see that new 9½" auger.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline Icegator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Oct 23, 2015, 06:29 PM »
My testing with the K-drill was a few years back, real nice to here they now have that feature should help a lot of people drill holes. The K-drill is one of the best bits ever made.  Thanks for the information and your support.
Icegator Product Support

Offline lovin life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Nov 14, 2015, 04:38 PM »
With the 42 volt, is that 3, 12 volt and a 6 volt ?  Odd voltage ?  Also how far is your shop from Akron, Ohio

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #53 on: Nov 14, 2015, 06:01 PM »
With the 42 volt, is that 3, 12 volt and a 6 volt ?  Odd voltage ?  Also how far is your shop from Akron, Ohio
Lithium cells are 3.6/3.7v each.  So a 42v pack would consist of, like 11 cells in series - or more if wired in parallel.

Offline walleyehawger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Nov 19, 2015, 07:05 PM »
I have wanted one of these for a few years now. I had big plans to own one for this season. Unfortunately life happens....going through a divorce coupled with the poor Canadian dollar means I have to keep wishing lol. We have bee fishing the Midwest Open for several years now and have seen first hand how awesome these machines are. I have been using the Milwaukee drill for years with several different augers and while it has worked for me it is nowhere near as efficient as the IceGator.

Offline sdhuntandfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Nov 19, 2015, 07:32 PM »
However, I am a fan of Jiffy they are the only ones made in America

Well this part isn't true. A "little" company called Strikemaster assembles their powerheads in Minnesota. The full gear box/transmission is made there (MN) as well.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #56 on: Jan 08, 2016, 06:56 AM »
Well this part isn't true. A "little" company called Strikemaster assembles their powerheads in Minnesota. The full gear box/transmission is made there (MN) as well.

Isn't MN in America?  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Jan 08, 2016, 08:34 AM »
royjulius, go to the Eelpout fest. in Walker ,n, you may think it,s closer to LA-LA or never-never land!!! WOW, GOOD TIMES. WIRE

Offline lookinfopike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 12, 2016, 12:47 AM »
This would have been my 6th year with my Icegator. Due to health reasons I have passed the Icegator down to smeltbuster. All I can say is in six years mine never let me down. I never had to keep a extra set of batteries warm in my pocket. Never once ran low of charge in the coldest conditions. It has stayed many a night in sub zero weather punching hole after hole chasing fish. Laying on the ice and overnight in the truck, getting snowed on when the fishing was good and once again no problems.  As far as customer service goes...I had to get a new charger because it was misplaced in a move. I had no problem with getting a replacement from them. Courteous and friendly on the phone, and delivered fast. If I had to do it all over again, and I could get any power auger out there, it would be another Icegator. And its true, It is the baddest machine on the ice. The youtube videos aren't lies. I have shown many a person the Icegator and made believers out of them. I have fished a bunch of different lakes and have yet to see another one at the same time. They are rarely seen but always talked about. I always post these two videos below about the Icegator when anybody starts talking about them. I should have been a spokes person for them for as much as I showed mine off. Even my avitar is Icegator, And NO...I do not work there. If anything its more auger than any of the mass produced one out there. And definitely no comparison to the toy electric drill first ice set ups. And yes, like anything that's good, usually is pricey. Would be excellent machine for guides or outfitters who need to punch holes all day and not have to worry about a charge or keeping extra batteries warm. Or for the serious fisherman who chases fish and has to find fish. When you own one you will see what I mean. As far as electric ice augers goes...Buy a ICEGATOR... anything else is a battery operated toy... Watch the youtube videos and see for yourself. And remember the best ice auger in the world is the auger that fits your budget your demands and what you are most comfortable with. Its your choice So long as it cuts a hole and you can fish. Its doing its job. Just a matter of how fast you want to do the job ;D ;D

http://www.gulllakecam.com/

Home of the "Gull Lake Smelt Factory Ice Flies"

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #59 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:54 AM »
sorry to hear about your health. hope you get better soon.

about making ice holes. my toy drill works perfect for me making 6" holes and all of my friends have them too. if i did NEED a dedicated power head i would buy icegator, but i don't and shouldn't ever. if the price came down to more "affordable" costs, it probably would sell more to those of us who do not NEED a dedicated power head. i'm pretty sure even if it were say 300$ i still wouldn't buy one as i have no need for it unless i needed to drill a bigger hole.
i enjoy having tools that are used all year long tho and feel it makes for a wiser investment.

smeltbuster does go the distance to help his fellow anglers in his area and that was nice of you to pick him. thanks for that. i know he'll test it for sure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.