Author Topic: "IceGator Reviews"  (Read 22747 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: "IceGator Reviews"
« Reply #150 on: Nov 23, 2016, 07:38 PM »
There wasn't ever any service and support when they were successful. Not a lot of difference now.. You won't find parts for your DeLorean either.
You'll have better luck finding DeLorean parts!!
http://store.delorean.com/
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #151 on: Nov 23, 2016, 07:40 PM »

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #152 on: Nov 23, 2016, 07:42 PM »
There wasn't ever any service and support when they were successful. Not a lot of difference now.. You won't find parts for your DeLorean either.

I think the word successful is being miss used here. I don't think a failed product or company would be considered a success by most.....if any. Maybe there is a group of auger power head collectors that will go crazy for an ice gator with all original parts........

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #153 on: Nov 23, 2016, 08:03 PM »
 i posted for several reasons. first and foremost is for those who still want one in the worst way even tho they read every thing here.
ME too, PM me if anyone wants to sell theirs I will give you a good price because I would like to get one for the old man

PM me if you have an IceGator that you wish to part ways with, we may be able to work something out.

in other sections here, there are plenty of fellow ice anglers looking to buy these for parts. or better yet working head units.

another reason is because some companies are still promoting it knowing they are stuck with them claiming it has 3 year parts and 1 year battery warranty. 

one more reason is it would create "small talk" here about the retired company while we wait for ice. i didn't expect sticks and stones to start flying at the messenger, but that's okay too, why not.

so excuse my intelligence for those who feel offended.

Offline bronvike21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #154 on: Nov 24, 2016, 12:38 AM »
Nils Bit!
Sold patent and hasn't made right by everyone? Wow

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #155 on: Nov 24, 2016, 04:39 AM »
So, which of you guys has heard, personally, from Greg and know for a fact that he is out of business, sold his patent, or anything else?  I think all are just guessing - maybe he is reorganizing and Reeds ad is for real and the stock will will begin to flow.
I doubt there is any "stock" of Gator heads on any shelves, anywhere, 3300.  I think most of you have a misconception about the Gator and it's worth and abilities.  It is/was not for everyone; but it sure had it's place in the world of ice-fishing.

Happy TG everyone.  Eat, drink and be merry.  :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #156 on: Nov 24, 2016, 06:20 AM »
Let me get this straight......people on here are pushing and trying to get people to by an ice gator for $700+ with the knowledge that the company is failed and no more, fully knowing there will be zero support or service for the item.............more then likely limited to no parts when it breaks....... ??? ??? ??? Doesn't make much sense to me......
:o :o doesn't make sense to me either, that's why I have an Ion
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #157 on: Nov 24, 2016, 07:44 AM »
There wasn't ever any service and support when they were successful. Not a lot of difference now..

Can't believe the guy lasted as long as he did.

Been reading for years now how crappy his customer service was.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #158 on: Nov 24, 2016, 08:25 AM »
I think the word successful is being miss used here. I don't think a failed product or company would be considered a success by most.....if any.
I guess I meant successful only in the sense that Greg Pepple's reputation in business was a long time in catching up with him. We see examples of such malfeasance every day in the news. A failed company certainly, but emphatically not a failed product. Mine will still run circles around any gasser, Ion, or Fuel setup out there. Anybody in Colorado that wants to race their production rig for pink slips let me know. I'll take on anybody but another IceGator. Having said that, I feel for the guys that got burned by Greg Pepple. No excuse for any honorable man, much less a self avowed  Christian, to have defrauded his customers as he is said to have done. Sure hope he can make it right some day.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #159 on: Nov 24, 2016, 01:12 PM »
Any Milwaukee Fuel??? Would it be for 1 hole, 3 holes, 5 holes, maximum holes???? What exactly would this pink slip challenge you have extended be???

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #160 on: Nov 24, 2016, 02:43 PM »
all I need is the schematics of the Icegator and I could fix my own everything he has can be made with the help of the diagrams of all components. Mechanical Engineering 101 This icegator patent drawings are not shown under patent number US 9270152 B2 so this means only one thing he has sold his patent unless someone can find them online I would buy them for a reasonable price.
Those who have one of these units are part of a group of few fortunate members ,throughout history there have been inventions that have gone only to be brought back under different name or design. There will only be one Icegator now just like there is only one painter whose  name was Picasso.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #161 on: Nov 24, 2016, 05:13 PM »
 i am very fortunate to have one, collecting dust in the closet.  unlike my picasso which hangs proudly above the fireplace   :P

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #162 on: Nov 24, 2016, 05:23 PM »
all I need is the schematics of the Icegator and I could fix my own everything he has can be made with the help of the diagrams of all components. Mechanical Engineering 101 This icegator patent drawings are not shown under patent number US 9270152 B2 so this means only one thing he has sold his patent unless someone can find them online I would buy them for a reasonable price.
Those who have one of these units are part of a group of few fortunate members ,throughout history there have been inventions that have gone only to be brought back under different name or design. There will only be one Icegator now just like there is only one painter whose  name was Picasso.

There is no invention on the ice gator.. Certainly not the first electric auger...

Picasso lol

<°)))>{

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #163 on: Nov 24, 2016, 06:16 PM »
Easy there fellas..... You cant go comparing Pablo Picasso to Icegator.... Picasso's customer service is still much better than Icegators ever was!!!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #164 on: Nov 24, 2016, 06:32 PM »
There is no invention on the ice gator.. Certainly not the first electric auger...

Picasso lol

<°)))>{
First production electric auger - leaps and bounds ahead any other production ice auger.  I'm hoping production is picked up by someone with some capital to invest.  Pretty sure that is/was Greg's biggest problem.  I sure hope he finds some way to make amends to all he owes.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #165 on: Nov 24, 2016, 06:38 PM »

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #166 on: Nov 24, 2016, 07:19 PM »
LOL I didn't say anything about an invention, a patent is somebodies idea about a design which is one of a kind so that nobody else can produce a unit that is similar and sell it as a their own. Man I thought you guys were smarter than that. ROTFLMAO
For example even if I was to buy the schematics to his patent it wouldn't have anything to do with selling my own but only to be able to fix the one I have.
Kind of like a old stereo which has hundreds of small transistors, relays, capacitors, diodes and fuses which to be able to do a diagnostic test on all the parts to find out which one is bad and needs to be replaced.
Schematics look it up
Picasso is a painter who made one of a kind painting which for some is kind of like the Icegator, many will try to duplicate his painting or build his machine but there will only be one Picasso and only one original Icegator

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #167 on: Nov 24, 2016, 08:10 PM »
LOL I didn't say anything about an invention, a patent is somebodies idea about a design which is one of a kind so that nobody else can produce a unit that is similar and sell it as a their own. Man I thought you guys were smarter than that. ROTFLMAO
For example even if I was to buy the schematics to his patent it wouldn't have anything to do with selling my own but only to be able to fix the one I have.
Kind of like a old stereo which has hundreds of small transistors, relays, capacitors, diodes and fuses which to be able to do a diagnostic test on all the parts to find out which one is bad and needs to be replaced.
Schematics look it up
Picasso is a painter who made one of a kind painting which for some is kind of like the Icegator, many will try to duplicate his painting or build his machine but there will only be one Picasso and only one original Icegator

Well good luck with your repairs my friend. I don't believe most people will pay top dollar or contiune to dump money into an item like Ice Gator which is discontinued and zero support. I would agree the product wasnt terrible, but the man behind the business was.

I can't understand your love for the ice gator. When trying to understand it I compare it to others thing I dont understand....Like a guy your budies with who just loves fat ugly chicks even though he could get a decent one. Doesn't make much sense, but hey were all different. Fly your flag!lol. 

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #168 on: Nov 24, 2016, 08:44 PM »
Any Milwaukee Fuel??? Would it be for 1 hole, 3 holes, 5 holes, maximum holes???? What exactly would this pink slip challenge you have extended be???
Understand that I'm a guy that sometimes lets his mouth overload his a$$. What I was thinking of was local. Picture Colorado's Elevenmile Reservoir in mid February. Ice is generally 20" or better and rock hard. About 10,500'. Cold start for 10 holes. I'm bringing "Little Pokey", a 5 year old 27v Annihilator mounted over an 8" LazerMag power flight section with the ripper teeth. I've seen what Ions will do and gassers at that altitude including Nils/Tanakas. If you want to bring a Fuel setup (which I've also got) you're very welcome as long as you're drilling an 8" hole. Winner keeps the other guy's auger.  The point of shooting my mouth off is that I think the world of the IceGator powerhead. Few people have posted more bitter complaints about their service than I have but their product is unique. Little Pokey is more of a young man's auger and I'll be selling her this winter. At my age I don't really need to be burning holes at 2 inches/second for the little dab of ice fishing I plan on doing going forward.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #169 on: Nov 24, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Holy crap, you're delusional

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #170 on: Nov 25, 2016, 04:24 AM »

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #171 on: Nov 25, 2016, 04:28 AM »
Well good luck with your repairs my friend. I don't believe most people will pay top dollar or contiune to dump money into an item like Ice Gator which is discontinued and zero support. I would agree the product wasnt terrible, but the man behind the business was.

I can't understand your love for the ice gator. When trying to understand it I compare it to others thing I dont understand....Like a guy your budies with who just loves fat ugly chicks even though he could get a decent one. Doesn't make much sense, but hey were all different. Fly your flag!lol.

:wacko:  You got to be kidding!   :blink:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.