Author Topic: Frabill I2 bibs  (Read 703 times)

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Frabill I2 bibs
« on: Nov 24, 2016, 06:54 PM »
Last season got an I2 jacket as I "out grew" my old Clam suit. Got a great deal on a old FXE bib but they are overkill for more of the stuff I do.
A couple questions for those of you who know.
1) General impression? Quality vs value
2) How far up do the side zippers come up? I had some that came up to the hip making them a breeze to get on.
3) Relief zipper Enough said.
Thanks 

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Frabill I2 bibs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2016, 07:07 PM »
I2 series is entry level suit, it isn't insulated.  I dont think its a bad suit, you will have to dress up under suit.  I do believe that they zip up to hips, never heard of it being a problem. I'd be more prone to wear the FXE suit if it is a snosuit, it was and still is arguable the best suit ever made, IMO. If they get to warm unzip the 3 way leg zippers to vent.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2016, 07:11 PM »

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2016, 07:43 PM »
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. That Red Rock video never came up on my searches but very informative.
Yes the FXE bibs are awesome, and I may just vent them when I'm on the run. Usually I just take the jacket off, they are that warm.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2016, 03:07 PM »
I've got one of the Frabill FXE SnoSuits that was made right before they switched to the I-series. I absolutely love my snosuit, I can layer up and go out in the coldest conditions or just wear normal street clothes under and be just fine. You can't go wrong with any of their suits honestly! My buddy has the Striker Predator suit and loves it, if I hadn't bought this suit right before the Striker Ice suits came out I would've gone with them. I had an Arctic Armor suit before that and got rid of it due to the fact they get clammy, the Striker Suits are made like the Snosuit and are super comfortable.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.