Author Topic: Summit  (Read 5853 times)

Offline TylerRyan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Summit
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2015, 12:46 PM »
Me, my wife, and my step daughter fished all day Saturday and caught over 60 nice gills and a few nice crappie.  All the fish were right on the bottom, and we really had to work to get them to bite once we marked them.  But overall it was a pretty good day.  Summit has been very slow this year, especially compared to last year.  the dink perch are killing us, lol

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 20, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Nice eye pimple or jiggin rap?

Gill I'm pretty sure it's #12 moon jig or a gill pill!
Greatest quote ever "Whatcha going to do...fish your life away"...well hell yes!!!

Offline THE GILL PILL

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2015, 04:49 PM »
I believe that's a gill pill ;D

Offline r3foxx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2015, 07:21 PM »
Me, my wife, and my step daughter fished all day Saturday and caught over 60 nice gills and a few nice crappie.  All the fish were right on the bottom, and we really had to work to get them to bite once we marked them.  But overall it was a pretty good day.  Summit has been very slow this year, especially compared to last year.  the dink perch are killing us, lol
"60 nice gills". 

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Small perch can be a pain but I hope they go back in the hole, not on top of the ice.  They need to grow up for future fishermen and fisherwomen.  They also provide food for the larger fish.

Offline quikfire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 20, 2015, 08:44 PM »
Seen a spot where someone left 6 or 7 little perch on top of the ice and one that was about 11", don't understand why they can not let them live to grow up.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2015, 09:05 PM »
A few years from now someone will be saying where are the fish.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 20, 2015, 09:20 PM »
Can't /didn't verify this, but supposedly DNR stocked more fingerling perch. I guess to re-adjust to the walleye they also stocked? To control the perch population.   Lol
Paul

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2015, 09:25 PM »
Heard that a guy up north got a ticket recently for leaving fish on the ice.  $10/fish is what I was told.

Offline bobber_Walker32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 20, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Small perch can be a pain but I hope they go back in the hole, not on top of the ice.  They need to grow up for future fishermen and fisherwomen.  They also provide food for the larger fish.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline bobber_Walker32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2015, 09:32 PM »
I heard that they stocked a bunch of fingerlings too, who h could be good, and a reason why the walleyes are in so close this year... (just a thought) but I was wondering if any has tried after dark... Anyone getting a night bite?? I started my new schedule at work and wouldn't be able to hit the ice til after 6...

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 22, 2015, 09:04 PM »
I heard that they stocked a bunch of fingerlings too, who h could be good, and a reason why the walleyes are in so close this year... (just a thought) but I was wondering if any has tried after dark... Anyone getting a night bite?? I started my new schedule at work and wouldn't be able to hit the ice til after 6...
you going to try tomorrow night?
Greatest quote ever "Whatcha going to do...fish your life away"...well hell yes!!!

Offline bobber_Walker32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:05 PM »
All loaded and ready to go!!!! Might have one of my two lol girls... May wait to take her during the day time hours... Either way, hope to hit the water no later than 5:30... Is Steve open on the lake or in town

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:49 PM »
On the lake I believe

Offline bobber_Walker32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 23, 2015, 04:25 AM »
U gonna be out??

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:40 AM »
Yip...Ill be ready to head out after I get the kids picked up from school!

Offline quikfire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 23, 2015, 02:10 PM »
How's the ice holding up?

Offline bobber_Walker32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 23, 2015, 04:49 PM »
PC here I come

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 24, 2015, 02:06 PM »

Offline quikfire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 24, 2015, 03:21 PM »
Thanks smoke-eater

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 25, 2015, 01:38 PM »
Was on summit yesterday with my boy out looking for suspended fish and struck out! Marked a few fish but no takers! We were out on the deep flats all the way up to 10 to 15 ft of water and couldn't find them...ugh! Anyone here have any input...r they holding that tight to the bottom?

Offline THE GILL PILL

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 25, 2015, 02:26 PM »
Went to pc yesterday and caught a few all fish were tight to the bottom actually had to pound the spoon off the bottom to get them to come up if you jigged a foot or two up they wouldn't even bother. Had 2 buddies out there today and same story must be the front that came in

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 25, 2015, 02:27 PM »
I've noticed that one day I will catch good gills and next time small gills. Same place, but different class of fish. If I start catching too many 3" perch...I move...lol...tired of those little buggers. Did catch 5 eating size perch yesterday..and only couple little ones. The older I get the less I can handle catching little gills, perch or whatever. I will go try to catch bass if the gills aren't the right size.
Paul

Offline bobber_Walker32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 25, 2015, 09:21 PM »
Summit Sat... 20 gills... 10 I got myself, ten from a buddy... Good day considering all the fish I caught were keepers, no drinks... But it was super SLOOOOW... 11- dark 30... shallow water all day, 6-8ft

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 27, 2015, 12:48 PM »
Summit Sat... 20 gills... 10 I got myself, ten from a buddy... Good day considering all the fish I caught were keepers, no drinks... But it was super SLOOOOW... 11- dark 30... shallow water all day, 6-8ft
That's a pretty decent day! We spent the morning out by the island and only marked a few but no takers! We ended up at Geist and nothing there either. The ice was around 3" and shady!
It was nice meeting you and your daughter...she's a sweetheart and a great helper and a cutie to boot!
We will have to try it again and maybe next time I will goto the right lake...LMAO!

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 27, 2015, 01:37 PM »
Seen a spot where someone left 6 or 7 little perch on top of the ice and one that was about 11", don't understand why they can not let them live to grow up.
Let me catch them doing that! >:(
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline quikfire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 27, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Right there with ya Jigmup, and the old guy that leaves all his butts laying around his holes.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 27, 2015, 02:17 PM »
I just don't understand the trash or the fish left on the ice, I try to pick up both when I find them if possible.  Got quite an assortment of trash going this year.

Offline smoke_eater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:37 AM »
thinking about heading to summit as soon as my boy gets outta school today!

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:56 AM »
I just don't understand the trash or the fish left on the ice, I try to pick up both when I find them if possible.  Got quite an assortment of trash going this year.

Best trash day on Summit for me was a few years ago. Got off the lake and noticed some trash in the ditch. Picked up some and saw some propane bottles. Picked up six but four were brand new and unused.

In Michigan I can remember picking up beer cans (and they left the box) where people had had a party.  Enough to pay for several days worth of bait!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.