Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1610294 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24750 on: Sep 15, 2021, 05:48 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts and prayers to the folks in Nicholas' path, they sure didn't need anymore rain  :(

IFF.....looking forward to "meeting" Jake, hope all goes well at the closing  ;)

WS....no outdoor activities on tap, thunderstorms moving in as I type  :%$#!:

H2L....sounds like a good business to support  :thumbsup:  best of luck to MrsH2  :pinch:

Dropped the boat off at a marina yesterday to have autopilot installed  :thumbsup:  Will be a big help when it's just the 2 of us in the boat  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24751 on: Sep 15, 2021, 06:00 AM »
Morning all, 55° and clear here at the moment, forecast is 79 and sunny for afternoon.

Nothing real exciting here, other than getting an email yesterday from a smithing shop. Sent a rifle in for a rebarrel a while back, and finally got an email that is actually in the queue for work now. Only 20-ish weeks before I get it back. 😏 I knew it would take a while... they had said 20-30 week turnaround back when I sent it in with my deposit.

ww - geez, getting fancy. Autopilot for me is when I pull the anchor up and let the current take me down the river  ;D

h2l - glad it was an easy fix. I've gotten to be dang near a pro plugging tires. I pick up a ton of nails and screws from the driveway at work, so I usually do 2-3 a year. I also never buy good tires anymore  :roflmao:

IFF - good luck finishing off the move.

badger - envious of that weather. I get them in my back yard like that once in a while, unfortunately I do live inside town limits, so shooting them back there during deer season is frowned upon  ::)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24752 on: Sep 15, 2021, 06:43 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D   Foggy and 64* this am, thunderstorms expected to roll in early afternoon, high of 78 today.

H2…sounds like you found a good shop, glad that worked out well for you!   :clap:
  Marv…lucked out finishing up the Sheriffs job yesterday, youngest son had a setback on his job and had the rest of the week off…couldn’t have worked out any better!   :thumbsup:  Any fishing plans in the making before the deer season kicks in?
  Bud…hope you’re resting easy now with most of the move completed…will be looking forward to seeing a picture of your new buddy Jake!   :thumbsup:
  Badger…how did your box turnout?
  OS…congratulations on your recovery so far, glad everything is going well for you Sir!   :bow:  Hope your PA is pleased with your progress, keep up the great work!!  :thumbsup:
  I-45…good luck today if you and Mr.Dickens are off to do a little fishing!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…might be honking the horn again going past the old Indian dealership tomorrow!  The chicken parm was put on hold until today as I was running late yesterday finishing up…settled on spaghetti and meatballs though.   ;D  Autopilot will be great addition to the boat, congrats, will be looking forward to your next trip out to see how it performs!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Z…well, if not getting some good rain soon to get the boat out, hopefully the temperatures drop so you can get some squirrel hunting in.   :thumbsup:   
  Jeff…hope your having a great time and the weather is cooperating!   :thumbsup:

Had an excellent day with my youngest son working with me again, sure made the day go by pleasantly and saved me another trip back today to finish up by myself.  :thumbsup:  The sheriff was very pleased, and we parted ways with a handshake and a “ if you ever need my help, call me. “  :callcops:  :thumbsup:
  Today’s mission is to locate more jelly jars and whip up a few batches of pepper jelly. Couple of guys from the old crew have been keeping in touch and prodding me a little to make a special batch of “ hot “ jelly for them. Seems the jalapeño jelly wasn’t quite warm enough, they like it Hot. Well, I think have the right peppers for them…have a habanero plant that’s producing some pretty orange peppers ready to pick.  ;D
  Youngest son has the salmon fever and wants to make another day trip possibly tomorrow, so that will be discussed later on today. Could be a good day for it with rain in the forecast.
  Off to start my search for the jelly fixings…Cawfee’s on!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24753 on: Sep 15, 2021, 08:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
 Marv…lucked out finishing up the Sheriffs job yesterday, youngest son had a setback on his job and had the rest of the week off…couldn’t have worked out any better!   :thumbsup:  Any fishing plans in the making before the deer season kicks in?

I don't think so, at least nothing planned. The DNR has been warning people to be careful on the lakes because everything is so low. Not sure what would happen if my old boat got stuck on a sandbar ??? I may end up getting out and walking to shore letting nature take is course ;D

I just got an email from TT.

He said he can't even get on the Ice Shanty any more.
I told him I would let everyone know why he hasn't been around lately.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24754 on: Sep 15, 2021, 08:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 71 Degrees here and cloudy. Went to see a Vascular surgeon for my dvt in my right leg. He's continuing me on blood thinners and is having me wear prescription compression socks. Not fun to put on or take off. Wife is home today.

OLd Sailor, Keep up the good work on the PT. Don't want any set backs. You'll be on the mower soon enough

Wallyworld, Autopilot will be a great addition to the boat. Does that take long to install?

Mason Eddie, Sounds like yesterday was a great day. Habanero peppers are definately hot.

IFF, Can't wait to see pictures of Jake.

Whopper Stopper, Good day to be at the range. Mr Dickens is better at getting around the house. The cat however thinks he's prey and stalks him.

Hunts2Long, Thats good you found a place to fix your tire. Prayers for your wife at the dentist today.

I hope everyone has a good day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24755 on: Sep 15, 2021, 08:50 AM »
Good morning  seventy on my balcony thermometer with cloudy sky like others in NY. rain/thunderstorm(s) some time today and rain in forecast for Thursday and Friday. I did a quick look at news headlines due to a state wide shortage of school bus drivers in NY. the state is turning to the national Guard and Fed. government for help. Also see a judge in Wallyworld's section of the state has issued a temporary blockage of NYS. mandate that medical workers must be vaccinated for Covid after a group of 17 workers filled a lawsuit claiming their religious beliefs were being ignored as the mandate does not allow exemption for religious beliefs.
Eddie good to read your finished the work for sheriff with help from your youngest son and sheriff is happy. May the issues at your son's job get resolved and he be back working before to long. Best of luck finding items needed to make your pepper jellies. may the habanero pepper jell be hot enough for your buddies.
Hunts2long may all go weel for your wife at the dentist today. Nice that you found a shop to fix the tire and bonus that the work was free. May this new business prosper and be around for many years.
Whopper Stopper have a nice time at the park.
Zcm-28 may you be happy with the gun smith's work once you get the barrel back and riffle assembled. Since my town gets part of it's potable/drinking water supply from a tap on one of the NYC water supply system's aquaducts we are subject to the cities restrictions during times of drought mostly things like ban on watering lawns/car washings a few times restaurants could only serve water if a customer asked for it.
Wallyworld may the autopilot make thing easier when just the two of you are out in the boat fishing.
Icefisher-45 hope you and the wife have some fun activities scheduled while she is off from work for a few days. Best to you with the DVT in your right leg. Check with your wife since she works in the medical field believe there are pullers to help get compression socks on and off easier.
OldSailor happy to hear your rehab from hip surgery has gone well may the PA be pleased with your progress. Keep up the good work.
Badger132 how did the fishing box turn out smart idea getting things done before we are into late Fall.
IFF best to you with the closing . Also have fun with your new dog Jake.

Everyone stay healthy and safe,have a good Wednesday. Best to all fishing and hunting .
 Steve

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #24756 on: Sep 15, 2021, 08:52 AM »
Eddie, if habanero's aren't hot enough, I grew some Ghost peppers this year that will make habaneros blush!! The are over a million Scoville units!! I dried mine and also froze some!!  :flex: :thumbsup: :clap:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24757 on: Sep 15, 2021, 09:00 AM »
mr.clean - For the amount of money it cost, it better darn near shoot for me when I get it back  ;) This is the most I've ever invested in a rifle, so I'm a bit nervy about the results.

I had to do something with it, though, and I didn't want to get rid of it. It had terrible headspace, so it was splitting brass. Getting it rebarreled in a different cartridge, since I already picked up another identical rifle in the same cartridge without headspace issues.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24758 on: Sep 15, 2021, 10:35 AM »
Eddie, if habanero's aren't hot enough, I grew some Ghost peppers this year that will make habaneros blush!! The are over a million Scoville units!! I dried mine and also froze some!!  :flex: :thumbsup: :clap:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24759 on: Sep 15, 2021, 07:24 PM »
boy did I ever get tossed a curve, got a call from the title company, waning things we do not have.  For one they are saying the way we took ownership, was not correct in that when one dies the other is the owner.  Joint tenants is how most married couples take title.  Closing may get delayed as most all papers are now in Wisconsin. :%$#!: :%$#!:  Will see if I can find anything that may clear that up, but now they want something from the county, in certified form, which was never sent to us. again  :cookoo: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24760 on: Sep 16, 2021, 12:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light rain falling and 60*, high of 71 here today.

Bud…wow, that’s something you don’t need happening this late in the game! I sure hope everything can be worked out quickly Sir, my best wishes are with you!!   :thumbsup:

Just a quick hello this morning before loading up the gear and heading NW to do another salmon trip with the boys!  Seems my youngest son Stephen isn’t the only one with the salmon fever, lol..got a message from my son Mike last night letting me know he would be ready to join us in the morning.  ;D
  So, it looks like another opportunity has presented itself for the old man to see if he can outfish the young bucks…crossing fingers!  :thumbsup:
  Will give an update streamside….Cawfee’s on gang!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24761 on: Sep 16, 2021, 05:48 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....nice they waited to the last minute to let you know there's a hiccup with the paperwork  :nono:  best wishes getting things back on track  ;)

Eddie.....good luck to you and the boys  :flex:  will be looking forward to the riverside report  @)

MrC.....doesn't sound like the judge's order to halt the mandate will last long, the governor said she sees no religious leader advising people to not get the vaccine, so we'll see how that all plays out  :unsure:

WS.....thanks for the update on TT, was wondering where he was  :whistle:

H2L.....hope MrsH2's dentist appointment went ok  ;)2

Nothing much planned for today other than a couple errands to run.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24762 on: Sep 16, 2021, 06:27 AM »
56* this morning. Rained pretty hard late in the day on Wed.
Eddie, have a great trip.
WW, I have heard a lot of good things about auto-pilot.
IFF, it is always something when dealing with companies, govt, etc. A lot of "jumping" has to be done. I just got my permit (yesterday) to repair my leech field, but waiting for months.
The dentist appt. went fine for the wife. Thanks everyone.
Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24763 on: Sep 16, 2021, 06:29 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

66 with a down pour passing through. The remainder of the day should be good until tonight then storms moving through again.

Bud....Best of luck getting everything settled.

Eddie....Best of luck to you and the boys. Hope today is the day! :thumbsup:

WW....Enjoy your day. I have a couple errands myself.

Once the rain blows through I am going to get a few things set out for a quick shack run tomorrow. As far as the rest of the day goes, a couple errands and a tree to look at.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24764 on: Sep 16, 2021, 03:09 PM »
First frost this morning at my place.  ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24765 on: Sep 16, 2021, 03:31 PM »
First frost this morning at my place.  ;D

There goes the pumpkins …. ::) @)  ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24766 on: Sep 16, 2021, 09:13 PM »
Good evening cooler today and less humid yesterday it reached the middle eighties only got into upper seventies today. I did have a thunder storm pass through in the early morning hours. to thoose of you who may still be interested article on my local newspaper's website today about suspended Newburgh school district superintendent Dr. Roberto Padilla no real new information other then the paper had contacted the New York State Council of School Superintendents (NYSCOSS) to see if they were aware of the issue and was DR.Padilla still active on the NYSCOSS exectutive council. Reply was they were aware of the issue from media reports and that Dr.Padilla had not been active with the exectutive council since his suspension. Also fo anyone interested in the differences histories of the many Covid-19 variants my internet /TV service provider has an article on their news website. I will leave links to both newspaper's and internet/TV service provider's news website at end of this post.
IFF sorry to hear there are problems with tittle for Colorado house and the closing maybe delayed while things get corrected. Hopefully everything will get corrected quickly and the closing take place.
Zcm-28 thank you for the info. on the riffle barrel.  May you be happy with the gunsmith's work .
Eddie hope you and your son's had a problem free trip to Pulaski and a good day of fishing.
Wallyworld I did see where Gov.Hochul has said the state will challenge the judge's ruling on the vaccine mandate for healthcare workers. Is the auto pilot installed on your boat and ready for deployment on your next fishing trip.
Hunts2long happy to read everything went well at your wife's dental appointment.
whopper Stopper may you have found the items needed for your shack trip and gotten the tree job. safe travels for you tomorrow.
Drifter better take in or cover any plants you want to last a little longer and start dusting off the ice fishing gear. I hope the virus infection numbers are starting to drop in your area. Here in New York concerns about the virus and shortage of school bus drivers may have many school districts going back to virtual teaching.
Raquettedacker may it be some time before you have to worry about frost warnings at the nursery and at your home. Has your son found a replacement for his flood damaged car.

Here are the hyperlinks.  newspaper recordonline.com Use the search feature and put in Newburgh school district stories to find the article .
  Internet/TV news  spectrumlocalnews.com once on the homepage click on New york and the Hudson Valley once hudson Valley page opens scrool down to "Health" to find article.

Stay healthy and safe. best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24767 on: Sep 16, 2021, 09:57 PM »
  There goes the pumpkins …. ::) @)  ;D

Trees are getting coloured up too.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24768 on: Sep 17, 2021, 06:01 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....safe travels, hope you find everything at the shack in good shape  ;)2

Eddie.....hope you have sore arms today  :flex: :woot:

Drifter.....a bit early for frost  :nono:

MrC.....still waiting for the call that the boat is ready for p/u  :-\ 

IFF.....fingers crossed you made some progress with the needed paperwork yesterday  ;)

H2L....any fishing plans for the weekend  ???

Got the mowing done yesterday  :flex:  baking on tap today as we're making a run to see the grandkids tomorrow afternoon  :clap:  tomorrow morning we have a benefit ride for a coworker that was kia 11 years ago  :'(  the money raised goes towards a park built in his memory/honor  :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24769 on: Sep 17, 2021, 06:07 AM »
62* and light rain.
WW, not sure if we are fishing or not. Weather doesn't look bad.
Drifter, seems like you just told us the ice was off the lake.
Eddie, looking forward to you report.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24770 on: Sep 17, 2021, 06:10 AM »
Morning all 64° here at the moment with a forecast high of 89 and sun.

Nothing much new here, other than this gem yesterday after work. Picked up a screw and blew out a sidewall in a construction zone. It was a great time getting the donut on without getting killed in a 1 lane bottleneck with cones 😏 I probably set a personal speed record for a tire change. Only took me about 8 minutes, and that was dodging traffic. Wanted to get out of there ASAP before some idjit came along and plowed me.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24771 on: Sep 17, 2021, 06:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Mostly cloudy and 63* this am, high of 72 today.

Dave…it seems like the ice just came off the lake not so long ago and now the frost is back!!  ;D   Send some this way please…I was salmon fishing in a cutoff T-shirt yesterday, lol.   :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks for the links, will check them out! Had a pretty good trip with the boys, problem free, only exception being able to land any of the salmon hooked up, lol.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope you have safe travels to the shack today, thank you for the update on Tom!   :thumbsup:
  Tom…best wishes getting the bugs worked out with the site issue, hope to see you back on the boards soon!   :thumbsup:
  H2..glad everything went well for your wife, good luck with the fishing today if that’s on your planner!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…I gave the traditional honk at the Indian dealership on my way through yesterday.   ;D   Pretty slow day on the river for us yesterday.
  Z…yikes, what a spot to catch a blowout!  :woot:  Glad you were able to get the flat changed in record time with no mishaps, scarey stuff right there.. well done Sir!   :thumbsup:

So much for being able to redeem myself yesterday, lol. Fishing was pretty tough, not a whole a lot of salmon to be found, but the ones we came across were fresh and full of energy. I only hooked twice but couldn’t seal the deal. The boys hooked up 13 times between themselves and had the same results…All in all, a tough day for us on the water, but a good time regardless. Had plenty of the river to ourselves to hunt them down before the massive crowds and mayhem that will be arriving in the coming weeks, lol. Weather was absolutely beautiful yesterday, not typical of what we normally see salmon fishing…I was down to a cutoff T-shirt by mid morning.
  Catching up on the lawn today and making some hot pepper jelly for the some of the old coworkers. Found plenty of jelly jars in stock at a Target store in my search if anyone is looking. Walmart’s, Tractor Supply, Bed Bath And Beyond shelves were bare.
  Well, time to get motivated and get something done before the Mrs. gives me that look…Cawfee’s on!   ;D

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24772 on: Sep 17, 2021, 10:42 AM »

Hot out of the oven  ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24773 on: Sep 17, 2021, 11:03 AM »
Ok found closing papers from the last refinance, and checking the Deed of Trust it states as Joint Tenants.  So they can chew on that.   Not that all the hick ups are done with, Now have to find a CPA, question comes to mind,  Capital Gain from sale of Home ????? and of course shouldn't be a tough question about what the 2021 year taxes will/or are.  Can't help but think the title company was trying to buy some time.  So now closing is scheduled to take place in an hour.  ;D

WW looks like what come out of the oven needs some ice cream to go with it  :clap: :clap:

will check back in after the closing.....I hope.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24774 on: Sep 17, 2021, 11:50 AM »
IFF…..hope you’re just about finished up by now  ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24775 on: Sep 17, 2021, 02:02 PM »
Right on Pat, all done with the paper work, now just waiting for the wire transfer to land, So now I am homeless in an RV LOL. 

Now phone calls to make, end services, kind of bittersweet, with some sadness tossed in.  Sure cooled off, cold front moving threw, maybe 20* cooler than yesterday,  Thanks Dave  ;) ;)
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24776 on: Sep 17, 2021, 03:48 PM »
Right on Pat, all done with the paper work, now just waiting for the wire transfer to land, So now I am homeless in an RV LOL. 

Now phone calls to make, end services, kind of bittersweet, with some sadness tossed in.  Sure cooled off, cold front moving threw, maybe 20* cooler than yesterday,  Thanks Dave  ;) ;)

You're welcome!!! ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24777 on: Sep 17, 2021, 06:59 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Hope you all had a good day. Here is a video from the camera cards at the shack. The one camera has the wrong date, time and year so I will have to fix that.

Have a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24778 on: Sep 17, 2021, 09:29 PM »
Good evening some rain during the over night hours otherwise a cloudy day with high temperature in the low seventies.
IFF glad you found the needed paperwork and th closing and sale went as planed. Besides finding a CPA I also suggest keeping your home owners insurance on th Colorado property valid until you hear that everything is finalized from the sale.
Wallyworld the cake looks great. May you have good weather for the benefit ride and your trip to see son.DIL and grandchildren. Enjoy the time with family hope you will not have to run around to to many sporting contests and other activities your grandchildren maybe involved in this weekend.
Hunts2long think you should see a drop in weekend lake traffic now that it is past Labor day. Best to you if you do go fishing.
Zcm-28 glad you were able to get out of the traffic flow enough to change the tire a safely get home.
Eddie if you make another trip to the salmon river may all of you come home with some fish. I've been told it becomes a real zoo once the salmon are running strong. Good to read you found jars and can make some jelly for the old coworkers.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the video some impressive looking bucks on your property also see you have a local coyote pack may they not move the deer off before you go hunting.
OldSailor thanks for keeping the joke thread going while Ice Wanderer is on vacation.
Ice Wanderer may the two of you be having good weather and enjoying your time in Maine.

Everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24779 on: Sep 17, 2021, 11:18 PM »
All over but the shouting, papers all signed, took all of 20 minutes, funds wired into my account.  Will pull the camera card and get picture up of Jake, in the morning. Daughter gave him a flee bath that I am sure he enjoyed.  Got about half of the old real estate contract/closing papers disposed of.  Starting to assemble the final pile of what I will need to load up.

Have some calls to make in the morning, So now I can say, I am fully retarted, homeless, living in an RV  ;)

Looks like I will wait for a while to upgrade the I-phone, as the 13 model is about to hit the market. Think on the 23rd.

Cooked up some beef/vegetable soup for supper, got refrigerator cleaned out that I am leaving,  So now a little pillow time,
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.