Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608063 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24720 on: Sep 12, 2021, 07:04 AM »
56* a few clouds.
WS, some good looking bucks, hope one hangs around.
Eddie, glad you had a good day on the and you were a "good" guide, put them onto fish. Haven't seen any updates on the contest.
Lindsay and Rocky came up yesterday. Last night played Mexican Train.
Have a good day, first night of bowling. Hoping that we may have picked up a new team or two with Perry Lanes closing....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24721 on: Sep 12, 2021, 08:36 AM »
IW - I checked the Iroquois River yesterday.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24722 on: Sep 12, 2021, 11:14 AM »
Elk season for the area I hunt opens this next Wednesday for archery some other areas opened the 1st of September. Rifle opens October 1st. Then some seasons run through the end of the month others close around the 22nd of October. Then some changes through the season as some you can kill any antlered bull Then changes to spikes excluded. One area opens for rifle September 20th and another one opens the 26th. So lots of options around to go and hunt. But I could be hunting an area that opened August 15th for the rifle but not to sure of the area and not a lot of elk that usually hang out there as mostly sage brush and wintering area and they hang on some private that no hunting allowed.

The muffins went over well as I made 36 and there were only 6 left and those went by this morning. Well time to get moving and get things cleaned up in the shop to put the boat back away and get hunting gear ready to.maybe head out to start chasing bugling bulls. Have a great end to the weekend and start to a work week.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24723 on: Sep 12, 2021, 03:54 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Beautiful mid 70 degree day here. Tomorrow afternoon/evening storms are expected to roll through.

Fish/hunt....Looking forward to following along as you and the troops chase some elk :thumbsup:

Bud....I bet you are pooped. Yesterday you had mentioned Spooner WI. I went to an outlet store there yesterday that's pretty good for clothes and assorted odds and ends. My belt shrunk to I found a better one with more holes in it ???

IW....Hope you have a an excellent vacation, safe travels Sir! :thumbsup:

WW....I hope you got some rest today. I have a feeling tomorrow you and Mr.WW are in for a good day of catching :thumbsup:

Eddie....Sounds like a fantastic day with the boys :clap: :clap: Hope you will be able to try it again soon :thumbsup:

I spent about 5 hours today working on trailer lights for the s-i-l's kayak trailer. I should have just went to town and spent $25 for new lights and wiring, I could have had everything done in a1/2 hour. Rusty frames and old wires are the bane of my existence.

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon/evening :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24724 on: Sep 12, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Look what I found lurking in the backyard.....

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24725 on: Sep 12, 2021, 07:44 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24726 on: Sep 12, 2021, 08:43 PM »
Good evening a little warmer today reached the low eighties. I spent yesterday afternoon at  my sister and BIL's home for a combined birthday celebration. (Sister's was back on Sept. 2ND and BIL's is tomorrow. Nice time and added a bit of cheer to an otherwise tough day for my BIL he lost a few friends on 9?11/01.
Ice Wanderer may you have safe travel to Maine and a great vacation. may this be the year you pull some good sized fish from the ocean while surf fishing.  I hope your grandson's football team is able to play majority of scheduled games this season.
Wallyworld nice to read you had a good day with your friends even if the fishing was slow. Best to both of you on tomorrow's trip.
IFF good work by you and your helpers getting the moving truck unloaded and happy to read you found a way to get the freezer into the walkout basement and it sill ran when plugged into an outlet. all the best to you at the closing on Colorado home.
Badger132 seems par for the course wash your vehicle and it rains later that day or the next. may your prediction hold true on first ice in your area.
Zcm-28 may you see some rain soon sounds like you are facing drought restrictions down the road if not already.
Eddie glad you and your son had a good trip and a few salmon were caught. May you catch the first or biggest fish on next trip to the salmon river.
hunts2long may it have been a good night for your teammates and you at the bowling alley. When does Lindsay start her new job.
Fish/hunt4ever you must bake some delicious Blueberry muffins good to hear your daughter and others enjoyed them. Best to you if heading out for elk this Wednesday or next weekend. may all of you have a safe and good hunting season.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the 9/11 banner and video from the shack. May you figure out a way to view images on the one cameras card. Hope you get a chance at the ten point buck this season. Also one good sized black bear. You are a good man repairing the wiring on SIL's kayak trailer.

A safe and good night to everyone stay healthy. Best to all fishing or hunting this week.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24727 on: Sep 13, 2021, 03:36 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 58* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          H2l.........I've never heard of Mexican Train, how do you play it.? ??? I hope you did well in bowling. :unsure:
                          Eddie......Sounds like an exciting day, it's to bad that you lot your fish, maybe next time. :thumbsup: I'm sure Steven and Mike will
                  give you a piece.  ;)
                          Marv.......I think you are like me, you get a challenge to fix thing and stick to no matter how long it takes. :whistle:
                          Wally......Good luck out on the lake today. :thumbsup:
                          Fish........If you plan on hunting this week, good luck getting an Elk. :thumbsup:
                          Bud........I bet you're pooped from all the loading traveling and unloading, when does the renovation start? ???
                          My cat got me up, he's been acting crazy. He knows that we're leaving so I think he just being a PIA. lol.
                          Thanks for the good vacation wishes.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24728 on: Sep 13, 2021, 04:53 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Steady rain falling here at the moment, but supposed to clear out in a few hour’s.  58* with a high of 70 today.

Jeff…hopefully this rain stays south, safe travels this morning…enjoy that sea air and hope you get to tangle with a few fish as well.    :thumbsup:
  Steve…Happy Birthday wishes to your BIL, glad you were able to enjoy a nice visit together!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Will be keeping an eye on the reports in Pulaski…might be making a solo trip this week if another good push of salmon enter the river.  ;)2
  Wally…wow, that’s a beautiful buck hanging around the backyard, thanks for sharing!!   :clap: :thumbsup:  That one might be difficult for Mr.WW to let go trespassing on the property!   ;D
  Marv…way to go fixing the trailer lights…if it wasn’t difficult, it wouldn’t be fun…right?  ;D  :clap: :thumbsup:  Speaking of fun, might rent that puller again this week and try my luck on that other rusted on hub…Doh!  :woot:
  FH4…will be looking forward to your Elk hunting adventures with the family…best of luck to everyone with a safe and successful season!   :thumbsup: :clap:  I saw lots of elk out in Colorado, loved the sound of them bugling, but never did hunt them. Fondest memory I have is a trip to Yellowstone wading a stream fly fishing for  trout. Heard a noise in the tall grass just off to my right fearing it was a bear, then up stands a 4 X 4 not more than 10’ away. It stood there briefly looking at me eye to eye before walking away..my heart skipped a beat or two and damn near soiled myself… ;D
  H2…hope the lanes were good to you and the team last evening!   :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words on the fishing trip all, we had a nice outing even with the slower conditions!   :thumbsup:
  Was supposed to start back to work today with the same contractor I did the bank job with, but they had a delay…might be a few days to another week yet which is fine by me…plenty to keep busy with. Picked up a chimney job yesterday I really didn’t want to do, but it was for an elderly friend of a friend and the prices he was quoted were absolutely ridiculous for what needed to be done. The gentleman was not in a rush, but wanted it done before the cold weather got here…assured him it would be completed within the week.
  That’s about it from here…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24729 on: Sep 13, 2021, 05:01 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....safe travels, enjoy  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....glad you had fun and a couple fish were landed  :flex:

MrC.....happy birthday wishes to your b-i-l  :)  my condolences to him on the loss of his friends on 9/11  :'(

WS.....did you at least get a pie for all the work on the trailer lights  ???

Heading to the lake in a few, hope the eyes are where we left them last week  :thumbsup: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24730 on: Sep 13, 2021, 05:10 AM »
  Morning Wally…Best of luck to you and Mr.WW with the walleyes today!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24731 on: Sep 13, 2021, 06:15 AM »
58* and clear.
WW, hope you have a good day.
IW. enjoy the vacation. Mexican Train is a domino game.
Mr. C, I think she starts the new job 1st week of Oct.
The team did OK for the first night. We split 2 and 2. I bowled my avg. all three games.
Have a good day and be well..h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24732 on: Sep 13, 2021, 06:40 AM »
Morning all, 66° and foggy here, forecast is 88 and sunny by afternoon. No real plans here, too dry to fish, too hot to hunt  :'(

mr.clean - they never really restrict anything out here in the sticks for fishing, it just gets too dry float a boat, which it has been for a few weeks now. It's looking like my next fishing won't be until if/when we make ice this winter 🤞

ww - I bet he'll be MIA during deer season, though  :roflmao: That happens most years here. See a lot of nice deer on the cams in August/September, then they vanish before deer season opens.

ws - I usually just replace the whole rig on my trailer too. The river water is kind of acidic here, and it just eats the insulation up, so I have to rewire mine about once every 2-3 years.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24733 on: Sep 13, 2021, 09:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Currently 66 here and sunny. My wife is still sleeping. She worked late last night but is off for the next 4 days. They still haven't figured out her memory or her tired issues. I guess thats why its called Medical Practice. I've been able to fish with Mr Dickens on days she's working. Haven't caught much but have been getting out.

Mr Clean, Happy Birthday to your B.I.L. My Condolences on the passing of his friends on 9/11.

Mason Eddie, That is very nice of you to take care of a elderly friend with their chimney.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a great vacation in Maine.

WallyWorld, Hope the eyes are where you left them.

WhopperStopper, That was one big Buck

Hunts2long, Sounds like it was a good time at bowling.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.   
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24734 on: Sep 13, 2021, 09:12 AM »
52 degrees and smoky. Not as bad as it has been, I can tell where the sun is coming up.

FH4: This is the first year my wife and I are not working in elk camp. Opener is Sept 15. I bet I still will wake up at 3:45 AM. Good luck out there!

WS: We put a man on the moon, but still don't have a solution for lights on a boat trailer. Only thing worse is a snowmobile trailer- the salt eats them up, and you get to fix them lying in slush.

Should be a nice day to work outside. Better day to fish, but not in the cards.

Stay well- winter is coming!

:tipup:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24735 on: Sep 13, 2021, 03:03 PM »
I have a few friends that are outfitters and the only thing is they hunt a bunch but most the time not for themselves.  I have had several opportunities to help the guides out as I do ok finding the elk and know where they hang out and such but not always on the lucky side of getting the shot off or find the legal one to shoot at.  Been busy getting things cleaned up and moved around the shop to get ready for the next couple seasons, hunting and being able to get ice gear out when that rolls around.  Have a great Monday, hope the fish are biting and work goes by smoothly for those who are working, and hope the chore list is done with for the day.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24736 on: Sep 13, 2021, 07:03 PM »
Good evening ER’s have a good vacation in your travels. 

Moved refrigerator in the basement, even though the opening with the door off the hinges was a minus -1/8 inch ? Only had it stuck 7 times, though for sure was going to have to remove one side of the door frame

Now have to put some things away and be ready to catch the flight back to Denver. So far so good, got a little more Acquainted with the rescue dog, mostly black Labrador with a touch of beagle.  No training as of yet, supposed to be 2 yr. old but sure still has a lot of energy like a puppy tries to go in 5 directions at once.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24737 on: Sep 13, 2021, 09:32 PM »
Good evening ,prayers for all along the coat of Texas now dealing with tropical storm/hurricane Nicholas as it starts to make landfall.  Rise in Covid cases over the past couple of weeks has caused four hospitals in my area of NY. to now require visitors to  show proof of vaccination to enter the building with a few exceptions.
Ice Wanderer don't know when you will see this but may you have arrived safely in Maine and have a good vacation.
Eddie best to you doing the chimney job. May there not be to long of a delay before you start on a new  project for contractor who handled the bank job.
Wallyworld hope you had a good day at the lake and the walleyes were in the same area you last caught some of them.
Hunts2long nice to read you and the team had a good first night of bowling. Nice that Lindsay does not have to rush into the new job.
Zcm-28 I was talking more about general water restrictions then anything related to fishing because of drought conditions.
Icefisher-45 good to see a post from you wish your wife's doctors had a better handle on her health problems. Good to read you are getting in some fishing trips.
Fish/hunt4ever guess that is one down side to being an outfitter or guide you spend most of hunting/fishing seasons helping your clients and get in limited personal hunting or fishing.
IFF sounds like you are slowly getting settled into your new home. May the flight back to Denver and closing be problem free for you.

Stay healthy and safe. Best to all fishing or hunting.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24738 on: Sep 14, 2021, 03:48 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   Partly cloudy and 53* this am, high of 74 today.  The coyotes are howling up a storm here this morning driving my dogs crazy, lol.

Steve…seems the uptick in Covid cases is happening everywhere again unfortunately…heading back to or worse than where we were in the beginning of this whole Covid mess. Thoughts and prayers for those dealing with Nicolas.
  Bud…sounds like you had a tight squeeze with the freezer, glad that worked out! Hope there’s no delays with the return flight, best wishes with the closing Sir!  :thumbsup:  I must have missed about your new dog…congrats, what his name?
  FH4…hope everything falls into place with the elk hunting and your party scores early on in the season!  :thumbsup:
  Badger…hope some much needed rain is coming to help with those fires and smoke soon!   :thumbsup:
  I-45…sorry to read your wife is still having those problems with no explanation of the cause. Best wishes, thoughts and prayers are with her things will get under control soon. Glad you’ve been able to get a little fishing in with Mr. Dickens…nice to see you posting again!   :thumbsup:
  Z…still crazy hot and dry out your way,…shouldn’t be too much longer until things go the other way??  :cookoo:
  H2…not a bad start for the team, glad you held your own on the lanes! Best wishes to Lindsay with the new job, bet she’s anxious to get started!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Wally…hope you found those walleyes eager to bite yesterday, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope you had safe travels yesterday and maybe a nice lobster dinner to kick off the vacation…enjoy!   :thumbsup:

Got a message from the Sheriff yesterday that he was ready for the extra work to be done, so that’s on the planner today.
  Pulled most of the garden yesterday, had a pretty good haul of peppers and Roma tomatoes. Made a small batch of sauce last evening, chicken parm on the menu this evening.
  Time to get ready for today’s events…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24739 on: Sep 14, 2021, 05:25 AM »
Good morning. 48*
Ice-45 good to see you, glad you are getting some fishing time.
Badger, what did you and the wife do at Elk camp?
IFF, bet you will be glad when the move is done?
Eddie, it was always a good day when the garden was put to bed.
Last week I had to add some air to my left front tire. Last night I parked just right and saw a nail head, so will have to get a plug put in today.
Have a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24740 on: Sep 14, 2021, 05:26 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

61 degrees may see mid 70's later. Last night we picked up .1 rain.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24741 on: Sep 14, 2021, 05:28 AM »
Morning all, 70° and clear here, supposed to be 89° by afternoon. The humidity isn't as bad as it was earlier in the summer, though, so it hasn't been terrible over this warm spell.

mr.clean - we haven't ever had a water use restriction here that I'm aware of. They do (and are right now) restricting burning when it gets like this.

masoneddie - last fall was really dry here, too, but I think this year is going to beat it, unless we pick up a lot of rain over the next month. Once we get into Nov it is usually pretty dry around here until winter snows come in. It seems like our rains keep getting spottier, but I'd have to actually look at weather records to confirm. It just seems like we don't get many slow soaking rains anymore, it's either gullywasher downpour t-storms, or nothing at all.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24742 on: Sep 14, 2021, 05:30 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....glad things are coming together  :clap:   congrats on the pup  :thumbsup: 

Eddie....chicken parm sounds great, what time's dinner  :roflmao:

H2L....good to hear the season started out well  :flex:

IF45....hope Mrs45 can find the answer to her medical issues soon   :unsure:

FH4.....good luck chasing those elk  ;)

Z......fingers crossed you get some rain soon @)

Badger....seems the bucks have opening day circled in red on their calenders  :woot:

Fishing was slow yesterday, 2 legals eyes, 1 short and 1 lost on the way in  :-\  ended up quiting early as the wind picked up pretty good and things got a bit bumpy  ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24743 on: Sep 14, 2021, 07:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 56* here this morning and sunny.

WallyWorld, Thats to bad the fishing was slow. Are you going out again today?

IFF, Congratulations on the new pup. What’s his/her name

Mason Eddie, chicken Parm sounds good. Always good with homemade sauce.

Hunts2long, It’s always good when you see the nail. Makes it easier to plug.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #24744 on: Sep 14, 2021, 08:19 AM »
Good morning ER's. I'll just jump in with a quick update on my hip. Today is the 6th week since surgery and I've put up the cane and I'm walking on my own. Still a bit of a limp and remaining soreness, but I'm doing well. I have an appointment with my PA tomorrow and I'll see what he says. Funny, but they gave me permission to drive, but not to use my riding mower! :cookoo: So I gave that to myself!!! ;)2 :flex: :whistle: Everyone stay well and safe please!! I don't think the Rona will ever end!! :%$#!:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24745 on: Sep 14, 2021, 08:32 AM »
49 degrees, and it looks like clear weather. Fall is really in the air today! Sun should be up any time now!

Varnishing the fishing box for my new sled today. Know it will get away from me if I let it go until November.

The deer must know I am not dangerous. They are eating right behind me as I type.

Sailor: Keep on that PT- it is the key to getting back on the mower!

Ice shanty just promoted me to "maniac"! So proud!

:tipup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24746 on: Sep 14, 2021, 05:40 PM »
OS.....glad to hear you're doing so well with the new hip  :thumbsup:  keep up the hard work  :flex:  but don't overdo things, you don't want any set backs   :nono:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24747 on: Sep 14, 2021, 11:15 PM »
Back in Centennial. Had  a 40 minute delay getting off the ground turned out Denver was having thunder storms and air. Control said too many planes trying to land for the hours we would be coming in thus the delay to space out the planes, worked out just missed the bus from the airport and then waited the one hour for the next one and neighbor was finished with his conference and able to save me the 1.5 mile walk to here.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Oh btw the.dog answers more to my. Voice rather than his now name of Jake. Well darn thought I could bring up a picture will have to see if I can get one off this phone

On the home stretch now need to get RV main battery charged it didn’t stay up while it’s been sitting so long

A quick coffee and will be pillow time for me
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24748 on: Sep 15, 2021, 04:58 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

46, heading to 75 by the afternoon.

Bud....Almost to the home stretch :clap:

Eddie...Hope everything is set for the extra work for the sherriff :thumbsup:

45.... Nice to see you posting again :thumbsup: How is Mr. Dickens doing with his eyesight issues?

WW....What direction are you leaning today. On the water, on the bike, riding the mower, busy baking, meeting a friend ???

OS.....Congratulations on week 6 :clap:

We are off to the park for a couple rounds, not exactly sure what's going on for the rest of the day.

Hope you all have a good "Hump" day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24749 on: Sep 15, 2021, 05:32 AM »
61* this morning and they are saying some t-storms on the way.
WW, we have had a couple breezy days this week. You beat the skunk.
Tire is fixed. The only shop in town wanted me to take it off and drop it off and they would "fit" it in. Called a new business about 10 miles away, they said bring it down. Like I said, a slow leak, drove down, he pulled the Jeep in, pulled a screw out, put in plug and said, "have a good day". He will be seeing be again. (Choice Motors)
Wife has to have a tooth pulled today, not sure what I am doing.
Hope everyone has a safe day....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.