Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1628905 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24690 on: Sep 09, 2021, 05:55 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....you'll need a vacation once this move is finished  ;)2  safe travels  :)

IW....the darn grass is still growing like it's spring  :wacko:  have fun puttering  ;D

H2L.....congrats to Lindsay  :thumbsup:  nice picture of the lake  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....starting to read some encouraging reports from Pulaski and tomorrow's weather looks good  :flex:

MrC.....we picked up another inch of rain in about a 1/2 hour yesterday as a thunderstorm passed thru  ::)

WS.....Heading back to the shack this weekend  ???

We're heading to Lake Erie later today, meeting up with some friends tomorrow to do a little fishing  :clap: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24691 on: Sep 09, 2021, 05:56 AM »
Morning all, 51° and clear here with a forecast high of 76°. Looks like we might get one last shot of nasty heat over the weekend (90s) and then back down to seasonal next week. I hate summers here, so it's a welcome wind down of the nasty muggy stuff.

We got a call yesterday that the kid is off school another week now, roughly 10% of the kids and about 1/4 of the staff have tested covid positive since they shut it down last week, so he doesn't go back until the 17th now. My wife is just looooving the home learning stuff she has to do with him  ::)

Found out my great uncle just kicked off from it yesterday. We weren't close, I actually didn't even know he was still alive. Last time I saw him, I was probably 6 or 7 years old. We're a real tight knit family like that.... meeting relatives I never knew existed at funerals was sort of a trend when I was growing up  :P

IFF - good luck finishing up with the move.

IW - mine was like that too the other day. I hadn't mowed in a few weeks, so it was like cutting hay out there. I didn't bag mine though, I just let the wind deal with it.

mr.clean - hope you avoid flooding. We got about 1.5" of rain during that storm, but it has been so dry the ground sponged it right up by yesterday afternoon. It didn't even bring the river up 2 inches, so boating is still a no-go.

Drifter - it's getting bad here, too. The local hospital ICU is full now, so they're having to send people up north or down south to bigger cities that still have space. It's about as surprising as looking up and seeing a blue sky, though, given people's general disregard for public health around here. 🤷‍♂️

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24692 on: Sep 09, 2021, 06:21 AM »
Good Morning. 61* and foggy.
IFF, Ring of Fire every Sunday of Labor Day weekend on Great Sacandaga Lake.
WW, we got the rain about 6pm, it did come down pretty hard  and the lights flickered a few times.
The lake is going down almost 5 inches a day now and is close to normal for the time of year. It has been above normal most of the Summer.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24693 on: Sep 09, 2021, 09:34 AM »
Thanks for the welcome wanderer!

62 and smoky here- hoping for some rain or snow west of us to put out a few of the fires. Jeez I am sick of this London fog we have lived in most of the summer.

Finally home from our tour to the midwest- left Aug 5, put 4500 miles on pulling the trailer. Was able to meet up with Old Goat and get some pencil weights and a swish rod to try for perch this winter. You meet the nicest folks on Ice Shanty!

Trying to get the ambition to enjoy some of the best fishing of the year- reservoirs are at October levels due to drought, so hopefully it did not wipe them all out. The boat ramps are sure to be plenty long to get down to the water.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24694 on: Sep 09, 2021, 12:46 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

71 degrees, we may get a couple more notches before the day is over.

badger....Welcome to the 9:45! You are correct there are some pretty nice people that hang out on the Shanty :thumbsup: You had commented on the Fishers. They will exterminate a woods of it's game if given a chance, it doesn't matter if it's fur or feathers they are always on the hunt.

WW....Best of luck to your crew today, I hope the fish are snapping :thumbsup: It looks like we won't make it to the shack this weekend. Our washing machine went on the blink so we have a guy coming to look at it on Saturday. I always like when they say "We should be there between 8am and 5pm ???

Bud....Don't over do it with the heavy lifting. I was surprised WW didn't start in on you :roflmao:

h2l..... I don't grill either. The first time I burnt a steak my wife said I was done with that chore. I am allowed to start the grill but that's it ;D

IW....The tree job looked good. A little more squirreling than I like, but I think it will go good. I have to wait until a week or so into October being they are oaks, but I should be able to get it in a day.

Well, I have been writing this sitting in a little room at the DR office. It appears I may finish befor the Dr comes in. Nothing major just some ear problems. When I put ear plugs in my left ear hurts like a bugger. I figured I might as well see what the problem is.

Hope you all have a good afternoon/evening. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24695 on: Sep 09, 2021, 08:16 PM »
Marv bummer no shack this weekend, You know I had about the same thought, but also thought Pat, would say wouldn’t do any good “he is too stubborn “ to listen. Just pulled into rest area East of Omaha so daughter can get a little sleep and recharge our phones.  Got word neighbor boy is wanting work before he heads off to college, and seeing how he is into wrestling will find something for him to wrestle with  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :whistle:
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24696 on: Sep 10, 2021, 04:39 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 53* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Wally.........I hope you had a good day on the lake with the friends. :thumbsup:
                         Zcm..........I'm sorry to read about your uncle, even though you weren't close, it's family. :(
                         Marv.........That's good that the tree job should only take a day, good choice waiting for the leaves to fall off. :flex: Did you burn that steak on
               purpose. lol :roflmao:
                          H2l..........I've never heard of the "Ring of Fire" I'm guessing everyone around the lake light a camp fire to celebrate the closing of summer. :unsure:
                         badger......You're right, there are a lot of nice people on IS, I've met a few in person and have fished with most of who I met. Good people. :clap: :thumbsup:
                         Bud..........I'm glad you will have a young person helping out when you get to Wisconsin. :clap:
                         Eddie........I hope you're up on the river catching Salmon? ???
                         Again not much ion the planner today, problay another puttering day.
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24697 on: Sep 10, 2021, 05:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Breezy and 56* on the Hill this am, high of 65 today.

Jeff…hope your puttering day went well yesterday, today also.   Finished up the foundation and some of the extra work, there are a few other areas I will go back to finish up after the backfill is done this weekend, basement windows which will be removed and blocked up.  Counting down the hours until we leave now…held off until tomorrow so both the boys could make it.   :thumbsup:
  Bud…hope you and your daughter had safe travels, will be looking forward to your next report!   :thumbsup:   
  Marv…hope the ear issue was something minor, glad you took the time to have that checked out!  Congrats on landing the tree job!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope you had safe travels to Erie, best of luck to you all on a banner trip!  :thumbsup:  Will be heading up through your area tomorrow with the boys…know you won’t hear it, but I’ll still honk the horn at the Indian motorcycle shop passing  through!!  ;D
  Badger…welcome to the 9:45 and a big Thank You to you and all the others for taking the time to post all the great deals, awesome job!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2…thanks for sharing the Ring of fire picture, that looks like a great time!   :clap:
  Z….condolences sent on the loss of your great uncle. Heard it mentioned yesterday that some areas are experiencing 300% more increases with the Covid now than when it originally started. I can’t make heads or tails with the numbers, especially after so many have had the vaccinations and the others who had the virus have the immunity?  Nothing seems to make sense… :cookoo:
  Dave…more than once I considered using some C-4 on this truck, lol. Hope you can carry on your work schedule at the cabin and your co-workers test came back negative.   :thumbsup:

Had some computer problems yesterday, but all seems well today. Granddaughter started kindergarten yesterday, it was her first full day of going to school and she enjoyed it!   ;D
  Today is a catching up around the house day and getting my salmon gear ready. Some pretty good reports on the river with an early run, so hopefully we get into a few fish tomorrow. Plan on getting on the road at 2:30am, it’s about a 3 hr. ride and catching the sunrise knee deep in the river casting for Coho’s and Kings. Looking forward to a taste of the tug drug again!  Will try and give a live broadcast for my post tomorrow morning….Cawfee’s on gang!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!   :thumbsup:

Offline nindo24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24698 on: Sep 10, 2021, 05:35 AM »
60 here and partly cloudy. I plan on getting into some doves this morning before heading to a local farmers market. Hope everyone has a productive and safe day.
Keep Your Stick On The Ice!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24699 on: Sep 10, 2021, 06:03 AM »
54* and sun just peaked over the hill.
Badger, welcome to the club. Sounds like you had a great trip.
WS, hope all is OK with the ear.
IW, I think the ROF is an excuse to clean-up around homes and camps. I believe it started out in the Finger Lakes many years ago. The village has a 5k ROF run the same day. We haven't had a fire in a couple years, now go for a ride and get an ice cream cone.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24700 on: Sep 10, 2021, 06:29 AM »
Morning all, 52° and clear here with sunshine an 78 forecast for afternoon. No real big plans here for the weekend, rivers are still about bone dry, and it's supposed to be around 90, so squirrel hunting is out.

masoneddie - good luck, I've had the itch for weeks, but there's just no water to float the boat in any of the rivers around here.

ws - sounds like the electric company here with the timing. "You will have a short service outage between 6am-7pm" gee, thanks, that's real helpful  :roflmao:

iw - thanks, but it's no biggie. Like I said, I didn't even know the guy wasn't dead before. Family has always just pretty much immediate to me, the rest are just like anyone else.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24701 on: Sep 10, 2021, 06:30 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

51 degrees with a high of 80 and sunshine.

IW.....Have a good day puttering :thumbsup: Burning  the steak to get out of grilling for life would have been genius ???  :roflmao:

WW.... Best of luck if heading back to the water for day 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie....Congratulatio ns to your Granddaughter on her first full day at kindergarten :thumbsup:  Looking forward to your fishing reports :thumbsup:

The Ear Dr agreed with my wife, I should be able to hear her better :roflmao: Actually everything looked good and he recommended some custom ear plugs which he said I would find more comfortable and easier to insert. The price wasn't bad at $125 but I have to think on it.

Today my wife is going to her eye Dr to get things going on her cataract surgery. As I have mentioned due to her eye issue it's a little more intense than a normal surgery. I am taking her to see him, we need to get on the road.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Take care and keep healthy.

WS 

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24702 on: Sep 10, 2021, 07:57 AM »
Well for a short week it sure has been busy, but got the new rail so I could install the scope on the 6.5X284 savage that has been sitting for a bit and now all the 6.5x284 are on target and the wife might pack hers around for elk this year instead of the 280. Looks like they changed some regulations on me for my archery hunting use to be that when hunting with the bow you could take anything, they changed that about 15 years ago, too bad it was not when I was younger and archery hunted more.  But anyways back to chasing bulls alone it looks like for everyone but the youth.  Sounds like we might be able to head up next weekend when it opens for the general tags, if everyone gets over this cold that went through the house this week.  Well everyone have a great Friday and weekend, better get back to work and then tomorrow is the younger daughters birthday so she wants blueberry muffins so I guess dad better get on it.  Have a good 9/11 everyone stay safe out there.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24703 on: Sep 10, 2021, 09:18 AM »
Good morning to all ERs! 68 and so smoky I can't tell where the sun is. Storm due today, so maybe it will at least be wet AND smoky for a change.

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome! I do enjoy a good deal, and it kills me not to be able to buy them all, but I have gone well past what I need and am bumping up against what I can store. Glad that others can take advantage, hope I am not encouraging others to fall into my bad habit of gear hoarding. If anyone has a design for a shanty made out of old Amazon boxes, please share!

We did get out fishing yesterday. Caught a few crappie, some bass, and a couple nice trout. As per usual, the wife caught the biggest fish.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24704 on: Sep 10, 2021, 03:20 PM »
IW
They're still making me come into the office since the place is pretty empty.
I have to actually work on some of the equipment and can't figure out how to do that from the cabin.
Need some kind of teleportation device between cabin and work.
  ;)

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24705 on: Sep 10, 2021, 05:55 PM »

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24706 on: Sep 10, 2021, 11:02 PM »
Good evening another nice late Summer day tomorrow is forecast to be similar.A few 9/11 memorial events around my county tomorrow being close to NYC many people make the daily commute for work and numerous emergency service workers and NYPD members among counties population. Hard to believe twenty years have passed . Update on the Village of washingtonville like many other places in the North east affected by the remnants of Ida is applying for state and federal aid to fix damaged roads and structures.
Ice Wanderer assume you have or are getting things organized for your trip to Maine.
IFF may you and your daughter have arrived safely at your new home in Wisconsin good to hear you have help available to unload the truck.
Wallyworld may you and your friends day on lake erie have resulted in some fish for each of you to bring home.
Zcm-28 may the covid infection /case numbers at your son's school start going down so in school instruction can return by the 17TH. Condolences to you and your family on death of your great uncle.
hunts2long thank you for the back ground information on ring of fire event.
badger132 welcome to the 9:45 thread. thank you for keeping us all informed of ice fishing equipment deals. Glad you and your wife got a fishing trip in and had a good day on the water. may your section of the country see some rain to help put out the wild fires.
Whooper stopper good to read no serious problem causing the ear pain/discomfort when inserting ear plugs. best to your wife whenever she has the cataract surgery. May you not be waiting all day for the repair person tomorrow hopefully they will have any needed parts to get the washing machine up and running on the service truck.
Eddie safe and problem free travel wished for you and your sons tomorrow have a good time may you each catch some salmon. good to read your granddaughter is enjoying kindergarten so far. Happy for you the mortar and anything else needed was delivered and the foundation is now completed.
Nindo24 how did the dove hunting go this morning . Hope you found everything you were looking for at the farmer's market.
fish/hunt4ever good to hear you received the parts needed to get one of your riffles ready for elk hunting season.Best to you and the family with this year's elk hunting. happy birthday wishes sent for your youngest daughter may she and everyone else enjoy the blueberry muffins.
Drifter may things go well with the work on equipment and your trips to the office be limited. hopefully you will be back working from home or the cabin before to long may the covid numbers take a turn for the better in the greater yellow knife area.

Everyone have a good night,please take some time tomorrow to think about the lives back on Sept.11,2001 and also the lives lost rying to limit terrorism since that date.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24707 on: Sep 11, 2021, 02:44 AM »

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24708 on: Sep 11, 2021, 03:15 AM »
Marv , sure got that right, meet a neighbor here in Beloit, says she is here taking care of 81 year old Mother.  That she has a home on 10 acre near Spooner WI. Also a former Realtor ?   Not much got off the truck, so far,  needed to un  barricade the walkout basement door and get electric to the freezer that’s loaded.  Made the trip with out thawing ;-)  one minor detail to attend to that door looks to be too small to get freezer in  :woot: :blink:

Willl have to visit Walmart and pick up a change of cloths that didn’t get put in duah lol
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24709 on: Sep 11, 2021, 05:36 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                             It's 51* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                             Marv.........I couldn't say anything more than what you posted. We will never Forget. :flex:
                             Bud..........I'm glad you made it safely. I hope you can figure away to get the freeze in the basement. :unsure:
                             H2l...........Thank you for explaining the Ring Of Fire, it is things like that that bring a community together. :clap:
                             Steve........I'll be packing the morning we leave, if I do it the day before I'll be unpacking that morning to see if I have forgotten anything. :roflmao:
                             Eddie........You should be arriving at your fishing spot just about now, Have a good day with the boys, I hope you catch your limit. :flex:
                             Dave........i guess if your the only one there then you don't have to worry about social distancing. :unsure:
                             Wally........I will be waiting for your report from the lake fishing trip. :whistle:
                             Nindo.......Welcome to the 9:45 group. :clap:
                             Fish..........It's always a good idea to get the guns ready, when does the Elk season open? ???
                             Zcm.........May your area get some rain soon. :unsure:
                             I was suppose to got to my grandson's football game, but it got cancelled due to covid. Now I'm not sure what we're doing.
                             I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out, Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24710 on: Sep 11, 2021, 05:57 AM »
Morning all,

We had a fun day yesterday visiting with our friends, but the fishing was tough. Ended the day with 3 eyes around 17” and 6 perch. No skunk but pretty sad for 6 people with 9 hours on the water.
Heading home this morning.

May everyone take a few minutes today to remember those lost on 9/11/01 😢

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24711 on: Sep 11, 2021, 06:37 AM »
47* this morning.
WW, well you had a good time and beat the skunk. It was pretty windy here yesterday, glad I didn't go out. The GSLFF contest is today, I haven't fished it very often, someone always comes in with a 25/26 inch walleye that "doesn't fish here often", if you know what I mean.

GOD BLESS THE USA.

h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24712 on: Sep 11, 2021, 07:00 AM »
  We Will Never Forget

Good Morning Everyone,
Broadcasting live from the shoreline on the Salmon River, Pulaski, NY!   ;D
  Close to 60 here now mid 70’s for a high. Have a large area of river pretty much to ourselves which is great!
  A few hookups seen, but nothing landed yet. Need to get a quick Cawfee and get back in the game…bragging rights and a cash pool up for grabs, lol.
  Will check back in later on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!!!

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24713 on: Sep 11, 2021, 08:27 AM »
Good morning all on this sad day. Prayers to all that lost someone 20 years ago.

Washed the truck yesterday, so of course it rained before I finished vacuuming the carpets. Today I assume it is fog and not smoke keeping me from seeing the sun.

Putting my prediction in- 80 days until first ice here. Wishful thinking?

:tipup:

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24714 on: Sep 11, 2021, 11:17 AM »
Morning all 80° and windy here at the moment, heading for a forecast of 90° for afternoon.

badger - definitely wishful thinking down here, but definitely possible up north if it's a good year. Probably be 120 or so until we see our first fishable ice down here.

masoneddie - good luck

IW- I am hoping, but it's looking like my fishing is likely done until ice season unless we get a ton of rain. I had to run into town earlier, so I swung by the boat ramp for a peek, and it's still only maybe 6-8" deep after that rain we got earlier in the week.  :-\

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24715 on: Sep 11, 2021, 04:13 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Last night was kind of a short one so I decided to make a shack run early and gather the camera cards. I'm not sure what happened to the second camera card but it wouldn't allow us to watch. It kept saying the card needed to be formatted before it could be used, better luck next time. So we were lucky enough to have enough from the camera by my stand to make a video.

The bear may be the "Chunky Monkey" that Dave named last year. I know it sure made me wish I had a bear tag.

The big buck of the video certainly spurs on the fever and anticipation. Arriving at a frosty stand well before daylight shouldn't be a problem. Now if a person can only see it during shooting hours.

Hope you all are having a good day and enjoy the video :thumbsup: Keep safe and stay healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24716 on: Sep 11, 2021, 09:52 PM »
Good evening slow start this morning, Grandson was a no show so  daughter, the teenager and daughters adopted Sister as she calls her got the truck emptied out and turned in.  Not able to set up house keeping just store boxes mostly in the walkout basement area.  Was able to get the China display cabinet in the unfinished first floor area so might be working around it sometime in the future.   :unsure: :unsure:  also managed to get the upright freezer in basement area and it’s now up and working,  surprised at how well it gets feed  ;D   No place to put couch and chair I am keeping will cover it for now. Will have to catch up on the posts I’ve missed been a long day, better find my pillow

Marv that bear look like a real heavyweight
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24717 on: Sep 12, 2021, 04:40 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 59* and mostly cloudy. ::)
                            Bud........You sure put in some long days. :blink: Glad you were able to get the freezer in the basement. :thumbsup:
                            Marv.......Thanks for the video, that one deer looked like a 10 or maybe an 11 has a nice basket. ;D And the Bruin, what a brute. ;)
                            Eddie......It was probably a long day for you but I'll be waiting for your report, hope there are some pictures. :unsure:
                            Zcm.......It's a shame the the water is so low, what river? ???
                            H2l.........It's amazing how a non local comes in and gets the big ones during contests. :whistle:
                            Wally......What's on the planner for today? ???
                            badger....It's always the way, if you want rain, wash your vehicle. :roflmao: It could be 83 days here for first ice. :unsure:
                            Today I'll start getting things ready for our vacation starting tomorrow, but won't pack until the morning. My wife has been packing
                  for 3 days. lol
                            I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24718 on: Sep 12, 2021, 06:08 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....safe travels and have a great vacation  :thumbsup:

IFF....glad you made it to your new home safely  :clap:  time to take a little break and catch your breath (which is kind of like saying don't overdo it)  :whistle:

Eddie....hope you and your sons were able to land a few fish yesterday  :flex:

WS....sure is aggravating when a trail cam card doesn't open  :%$#!:  I can't even show MrWW the video, if he saw those bucks he'd be sitting on your doorstep  bow in hand  :roflmao:

H2L.....tomorrow looks like a good day to hit the lake  @)

Got the lawn mowed again yesterday  :flex:  not sure what's on the agenda today  :unsure:  plan on fishing tomorrow  :thumbsup:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24719 on: Sep 12, 2021, 06:37 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 57*, high of 77 today with thunderstorms expected to roll in late this afternoon.

Jeff…yesterday was a long day for sure, the fishing was slow but it was worth the pleasure hanging out with the boys! Wishing you safe travels tomorrow and a wonderful vacation in Maine…hope the weather cooperates! :thumbsup:
  Bud…congratulations on completing your move, you’ve sure had a busy time over the last few weeks….best wishes with everything moving forward Sir!   :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv…excellent video, wow, what a nice buck and big ole bear!!  I hope the opportunity presents itself with a shot at that buck soon…you know we’ll be pulling for you here!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Wally…hope you had safe travels home glad you had a fun trip with your friends! :thumbsup: 
  Z…hopefully those hot temperatures are on their way out soon and some rain is on the way!   :thumbsup:
  Badger…I like your 80 day prediction for first ice… :tipup:  :thumbsup:
  H2…funny how that works with some of the contests… :whistle:  Will be looking forward to hearing what won.   :thumbsup:

Had a fun trip with the boys. The fishing was much slower yesterday than it has been for the last week or so on the river, but there was enough fish around in spots to keep you interested. My youngest son Steve got on the board landing a 30” long King about 45 minutes after I posted yesterday taking the bragging rights for first fish landed.
  We tried a few other spots shortly after down stream, but nobody was doing anything. Went back to where we started the day and it remained pretty slow until I hooked up with one around 3pm that darn neared spooled me before coming unbuttoned, lol. Shortly after, my son Mike hooked up and landed a 34” King that full of energy wanting to spool him as well. I got downstream with a net and assisted him with that one.
  All in all a great day out with the boys, little slow, but memories in the book!   Final score…bragging rights for Steve, biggest fish for Mike, the old man proud to be a part of it all and being able to still keep up…although I’m sore today, lol.   ;D :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.