Author Topic: CHAPMAN LAKE / KOSCIOSKO COUNTY ICE REPORT  (Read 2743 times)

Offline beerman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HARDWATER ROOKIE
CHAPMAN LAKE / KOSCIOSKO COUNTY ICE REPORT
« on: Dec 13, 2005, 08:45 AM »
HEADING UP TO CHAPMAN LAKE IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS , JUST WONDERING WHAT THE ICE WAS LIKE UP THERE?
HEY JIMMY LANG, SAVE SOME FISH FOR US BIGGER GUYS WHO DON'T GET ON ICE UNTIL IT WILL HOLD MY LARGE CARCASS....LOL.... BOB BRAMLETT HERE

Offline scroungydog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Penguinphobic
Re: CHAPMAN LAKE / KOSCIOSKO COUNTY ICE REPORT
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2005, 03:45 PM »
Hey Beerman,  Haven't seen anyone venture out onto the Big Chapman yet. Seen them on the north bay and the west bay. The channel at the boat ramp has 4-5 inches of good ice.  I'll try to keep posting conditions.  Scroungydog........... ....
Penguins are not your Friends!!!!!

Offline beerman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HARDWATER ROOKIE
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2005, 07:12 AM »
thanks scroungydog......
i have  a trailer at loziers. i have never ice fished chapman before . any usual hotspots? i may try tip-ups for pike ....would also love to get some of those crappie slabs for the grease ....b
do you live on chapman?
beerman

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Here are a couple of pictures from last year on Chapman.

Champman Gator

Chapman Perch and Gator

It seems that the Pike bite usually starts in Feb, but that's just me... Scroungydog can give way more info on Chapman than I .... I just like the lake cuz you can catch a nice pike, and panfish at the same time.  Good Place for an all Day Ice Camp.
Carp

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Nice pics, is that lake on RT#30 heading toward the Barbie Chain? I've heard rumors of "slab" crappies!! I've never fished the lake, but wouldn't mind giving it a try someday. Crappie Rob
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2005, 04:21 PM »
It does have some nice crappie in it... I didn't catch any there last year, just perch and gills (for panfish)... but the year before, we did get into some, not a lot, but they had good size to them.
Carp

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Theres still some left Bobby,call me sometime,I know you got vacation coming up soon you dog,

Jimmy

Offline baboiler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Green Hornet Strikes Again!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2005, 07:34 PM »
I believe a state record crappie came out of Chapman. I think the record was broken in the past few years but it held up for quite a few years if I remember correctly. I've never hit any numbers of them out there but I'm not normally trying to catch them. If I get one its by accident while gill fishing.
Hail, Hail to Old Purdue, Ever grateful ever true!  Boiler Up!

Offline fishinworms

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2005, 07:38 PM »
hey beerman where's your trailer in loziers?  jigmup and i have places there too.....big and little both have some nice crappie in there....we'll catch a few in the winter.....little chapman tends to have open water longer....if your familar with big you'll want to give the big flat a shot....it can be a LONG walk but worth it....your not bramlett are you? 

Offline scroungydog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Penguinphobic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2005, 08:45 PM »
Hey Beerman, No, I don't live on the lake but I'm only a couple miles away out in the cornfields. I don't really have any hotspots, I can walk out my front door, turn any direction, and in five or ten minutes be on ice there's so many lakes down in this area. The damn on little chapman was repaired this year and the lakes are way down. Hopefully that doesn't hurt the fishin'!!!!  Good Luck!!!!!1
Penguins are not your Friends!!!!!

Offline beerman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HARDWATER ROOKIE
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2005, 07:29 AM »
YES FISHINWORMS.... I AM BRAMLETT. WHO ARE YOU ? I MET JIGMUP LAST YEAR WHEN I GOT MY WIFE'S CAR STUCK  :-[ .....I STILL OWE HIM A FEW COLD ONES.
I AM GOING TO MAKE PLANS TO GO UP TO CHAPMAN SOMETIME THE WEEK BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS. I HOPE TO GET ON THE ICE FOR AT LEAST TWO DAYS....

WAS THERE A DAM PROBLEM THAT CAUSED THE WATER LEVEL TO DROP SO BADLY THIS YEAR?

JIMMY..... I WILL GET WITH YOU . I PLAN TO GET OUT ON THE ICE THIS WEEKEND IF THE RAIN DOESN'T JACK IT UP... ANY WORD ON PROVINCE POND?

Offline fishinworms

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2005, 04:17 PM »
bob, i gotta correct you since it involves beer....you met both of us last year, but it was ME who got you out of the mud.....BEERS are mine, my brother......lol

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2005, 07:11 PM »
Go to Summit Bramlett,not Providence,I fished with Kevin today,we got some really nice gills,if you get out this weekend let me know,

Jimmy

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2005, 08:49 PM »
Oh contrare.....It was me who helped with the car stuck thingy.....or was it me who was stuck....either way I drink Bud Light. Trailer 37.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline fishinworms

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2005, 10:27 PM »
now jigmup your tryin to swipe my beer, you were on the ice and i was comin to meet ya!  nice try, but beerman i'm in #46 lol.....did your wife ever get the mud out of the car....i know my boots still are covered!

Offline beerman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HARDWATER ROOKIE
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2005, 09:44 AM »
OK JIMMY, I THINK I WILL BE THERE ON BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. IS KEVIN COMING OUT AGAIN ? WHAT ABOUT BLEVINS?

JIGMUP & FISHINWORMS... IF YOU ARE AT CHAPMAN THE 29TH & 30TH LOOK ME UP AT TRAILER #87.
I WILL BRING PLENTY OF BEER FOR ALL.
THE FLATS... ? I AM SURE I KNOW WHERE IT IS JUST CALL IT SOMETHING DIFFERENT. WEEDBEDS ON THE EAST SHORELINE OF BIG CHAPMAN?
THE AREA BETEEN THE POINT TO THE WEEDBEDS TOWARD WHERE PEOPLE ANCHOR AT THE SANDBAR?

LET ME KNOW PLEASE

Offline touch up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2005, 10:58 AM »
Beeman,  Hey bro!  If you go to Summit this weekend good luck.  I have plans but will try to get out next week after work one day.  E-mail me.

Kevin

Offline fishinworms

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2005, 06:36 PM »
beerman if I'm up there I'll definitely look you up.....I'm not exactly sure of my directions on big chapman......I'd say it's on the south side of Big.....east of the channel....towards the boat launch about  halfway across......deep water on both sides coming up to a long 8 ft flat......try the weeds out in front of the public launch and then start moving towards the west.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.