Author Topic: Chain-O-Lakes  (Read 1783 times)

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
Chain-O-Lakes
« on: Dec 09, 2005, 08:54 PM »
     Fished the park to day...3 inches of ice on River Lake (A.K.A. The Narrows)...Walked out with 28 gills and 2 crappies...Slow bite in the morning, but got on a school and followed them around in the afternoon...Heavy snow pack on ice made things very sloppy due to water being pushed out of holes and mixing with the snow...Will head back tomorrow morning, but I have a feeling many others will have the same plan...Good luck to all and stay safe!!!
A bad day fishing beats a good day working!!! <///><

Offline the1jayson

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Holy Crap-E Netman
Re: Chain-O-Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2005, 09:11 PM »
Iceman which Chain are we speaking of?????? ???

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Chain-O-Lakes state park in Albion...Go northwest on 33 through Busco then take a right and go east on 9 (I think)...Go about 5 miles or so and on your right you will see the big sign and entrance for Chain-O-Lakes...From the junction of 33 and 69 it only takes 30 minutes to get to the park...The Park almost always fishes really good early ice...Hope this helps...

Offline the1jayson

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Holy Crap-E Netman
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Thanks but i'm still lost, lol I'm in South Bend.........

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2005, 06:18 AM »
the1jayson,

From your current location, Chain-O-Lakes state park would be a hall for you!!! What lakes do you typically fish around South Bend???

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2005, 07:40 AM »
Hey Iceman you know some guy's named Ronnie Morris or Paul Schmidt,from around the Busco area?They fish the Chain quite a bit,anyway they came down yesterday and fished with me at Summit and took some nice gills home with em,these two old timers know how to work a jig,Ive seen alot of icefishermen in my time,but these two are as good as they get,they brought me some ice flies down,think Ill try em this afternoon,I gotta work for 5 hours today and Im fishing the remaining of the day into night,just curious if you know these guys,they are some super people,take care and good luck,

Jimmy Lang

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Swedish__Pimple,

No, their names don't ring a bell...However, when I was leaving Blue Lake this morning (checkout my newest post...Blue Lake/Chain-O-Lakes) I talked to the only other guy out there and told him I was gonna go to the park...He rattled off some names of the locals that fished up there as well...I can't remember exactly what names they were, But I have a feeling the names you speak of were the ones he mentioned...Oh well, may be I will meet them one of these days...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.