Author Topic: It's over [really]  (Read 5367 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
It's over [really]
« on: Apr 29, 2012, 05:24 AM »
           Well ice fishing season is officially over in my book, there is only 1 post here, & it's a pic of a deer. I know the ice is gone except way up north   & lot are fishing open water & Turkey has started. I'm still going to check @ least 2 times a day. I hope some of you will still join me as well.   

surflizard

Re: It's over
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2012, 05:40 AM »
The Hardcore Cadre will be all all summer IW, not to worry ! ;)2 :thumbsup: :icefish: It's only 7 Months, 3 weeks, 4 Days, 53 Minutes and 39, 38, 37, 36, 35 Seconds, Heck it will be back before ya know it !

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2012, 06:08 AM »
Still here, still checking  ;D  You never know, someone may come up with an "ecological niche" and post about his/her ice-fishing adventures in July/August.  @)

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2012, 07:22 AM »
It's only over in reality but it lives on in our memories along with all the other ice seasons, and we all know it will be back again.  I still check in during the off season at least once a day.

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2012, 08:07 AM »
I'll certainly drop in from time to time.  Once summer hits though, you wont find me inside till next winter.  Looking to relocate to Devils Lake ND so maybe that will change.  Good fishing everybody.  Play hard, play safe. 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2012, 08:22 AM »
It may be over, but that gives me 7 months to get ready. I like going back into ALOT of the old posts and researching techniques and equipment etc.. This really is an excellent site to learn so many things about ice fishing, and the people on here are very knowledgeable and anxious to help with anything. Tough place to leave just because there's no ice.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2012, 08:54 AM »
Ice season? whats an ice season? I got out once last year, and it wasnt because I was lazy!!!!
EYECONICFISHING

Offline PsychologicalPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Catch and Release (Feel better and less fat)
« Reply #7 on: Apr 29, 2012, 03:38 PM »
i might be quiet when im not ice fishing but i check in 2-3 times a day during the summer....NO WORRIES,,,,ice ice ice
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

surflizard

« Reply #8 on: Apr 29, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Good luck with the ND mission Charlie, Hope it comes together for ya !

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Apr 29, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Couldn't help myself - took the ol' jig stick out in the boat.  It's just not the same...  Come on ICE!   ;D

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2012, 08:36 PM »
I'll be here too!  ;D

Just for moral support, mind you.  ;)
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11 on: Apr 30, 2012, 02:44 AM »

Thanks guys you have renewed my faith in the diehard ice fisherperson, that's for you Guinea,

rickl1968

« Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2012, 06:54 AM »
Lock the doors and throw away the key! Nobody is leaving!  :P

Not me anyway, Ill be here alllllllll.......... summer with the rest of you.  ;D  :cookoo:  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

surflizard

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 07:34 AM »
I restocked the bar here in the summer shack Rick, but we definately need to dig a new Outhouse pit, the one from last summer is Overflowing ! ;)2 :whistle: :roflmao:

rickl1968

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 07:47 AM »
I restocked the bar here in the summer shack Rick, but we definately need to dig a new Outhouse pit, the one from last summer is Overflowing ! ;)2 :whistle: :roflmao:

LMAO  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 03:25 PM »
just love these guys,but i know about the outhouse,had one when i went to school
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline NorthWoods Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 07:29 PM »
Hell, now it's time to remodel the shack and make it even more comfy! I even bought a new truck to pull it!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 08:39 PM »
O.T. alert!

Northwoods Harry....welcome! I think I've seen 3 of your 4 posts.

Everybody! Let's single out the newbie!  ;D
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 04:29 AM »
          I guess I missed that Harry is a new combatant to the Shanty,thanks for pointing it out Guinea. So Hardwoods Harry welcome to IS. ;D

surflizard

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 06:39 AM »
Welcome to the shanty NWH, Glad to have ya aboard ! Summer crews getting bigger, I guess we'll have to slap on another addition on the old girl !

On a more serious note, we have to replace the flag pole again. Last fall just before we closed up the summer shack, Rebel and Ice Dawg ran a set of Humongous Henrietta's bloomers up the flag pole and when the wind grabbed them, the flag pole folded over flat from the strain ! Due to this slightly twisted annual right of passage, I think we should consider changing the flag pole to 6" drill pipe so we don't have to go thru this costly repair every spring !! All in favor ?

Offline NorthWoods Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 06:42 AM »
          I guess I missed that Harry is a new combatant to the Shanty,thanks for pointing it out Guinea. So Hardwoods Harry welcome to IS. ;D

Thanks for the welcome! Now that I have sobered up from ice season, I am ready to represent Oconto County Wisconsin....where men are men, beer is always cold, and the women are so ugly that all you want to do is fish!

rickl1968

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 06:45 AM »
Thanks for the welcome! Now that I have sobered up from ice season, I am ready to represent Oconto County Wisconsin....where men are men, beer is always cold, and the women are so ugly that all you want to do is fish!

LMAO, the beer is warm!

Welcome to the site NorthwoodsHarry.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: It's over [really]
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 04:57 AM »

I see it's really hard for people to come up w/some subjects to write about, even me, I've tried, but it looks as every1 has exhausted theirselves also. I'll keep checking in 2 least 2 times a day & if I come up w/something new I'll post.

surflizard

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 05:06 AM »
I hear ya IW, I think I will go fire up the Augers today and see if it helps to generate some ice fishing subject matter ! ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 06:56 AM »
Welcome, Harry!!!! Nice to have ya around!!! On a side note, if that Lizard would find a girlfriend that didn't need Omar the Tent Maker for her bloomers, they wouldn't get run up a flagpole so much..... ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

surflizard

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Jeez Reb, Not so loud, if the boss hears, there will  be Hell to pay ! :woot:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Welcome, Harry!!!! Nice to have ya around!!! On a side note, if that Lizard would find a girlfriend that didn't need Omar the Tent Maker for her bloomers, they wouldn't get run up a flagpole so much..... ;D
Hey, they'd be good to use if you were in distress, they would see them from a far, of course they would need to be red! ::)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 01:07 PM »
It sure is over!!!!! 91 degrees and climbing!!! Summer's here!!!!!! (almost!)  ;D  @)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 06:45 PM »
Thats good news - that means we're officially one season down - that just leaves summer to get through and then fall (hunting tears that season up fast anyway) then ICE!!!! 

I guess that means I need to start working on my Otter sled version 2 - guaranteed the moment I start tearing things off of it the temps will plummet and snow will fall....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 07:24 PM »

Boy I check @ least 2 or 3 times a day & not much chatter going on. I know it's hard to think of things to write when it's 84* out, but I'll keep checking in. Is all the fishing done up in Ak. or Yellowknife?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.