Author Topic: Never made it!  (Read 3582 times)

Offline slabgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie!!!!
Re: Never made it!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Waxworm,...........You wasn't able to drive that out of there did you?  Looks like it might take a tow truck to get that out.  All I can say is you guys are some die hard fishermen.
Definately a tow truck!!!

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:04 PM »
glad everyone is ok....keeps things in perspective when unfortunate things like this happen. could have been way worse!!

It may slow you guys down but it won't keep you down!!!

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:19 PM »
so what time do you want the taxi at your house! i was bummed all day i wasn't able to go but after that fiasco.....being the excelent wingman i am.... the pic would have looked the same except it would have had a super crew piled up in the bed also!!

glad you are okay and and sorry you didn't pound 'em.  where do we send the replacement jigs to? at least we can help a brother in need.  didn't slab also loose his tackle last year?

glad youre all okay!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline rat-l-trap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Glad to hear you guys are OK

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:13 PM »
so what time do you want the taxi at your house! i was bummed all day i wasn't able to go but after that fiasco.....being the excelent wingman i am.... the pic would have looked the same except it would have had a super crew piled up in the bed also!!

glad you are okay and and sorry you didn't pound 'em.  where do we send the replacement jigs to? at least we can help a brother in need.  didn't slab also loose his tackle last year?

glad youre all okay!

Yeah it might have been ugly if someone was following me.  It was my fault as I was not familiar with the area and had no idea we were that close to the lake, or that the slope was that bad with the hairpin curve.  The brakes put me into a slide, but I might have been in the ditch anyway trying to make that curve without them due to the ice that was under the snow.  I have enough front end damage, I don't need the bed looking like an accordian!   :o :o

No need for replacement jigs...we only lost a few that were on the rods that got snagged up in the brush and broke the lines.

While we were waiting for the police and tow truck we thought about having jet sled races down the remainder of the hill to pass the time!!!  I probably would have wrecked that too!!   :roflmao: :woot: :callcops:

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Waxworm,...........You wasn't able to drive that out of there did you?  Looks like it might take a tow truck to get that out.  All I can say is you guys are some die hard fishermen.

It was in there pretty good and the left front was over a cluster of 1-2 saplings that were wedged in there pretty good.  I don't think I could have got out of the ditch without a tow.  60.00 worth of tow truck pulled it out of there and also winched the front bumper off the front tires so I could turn without rubbing or cutting the tires.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:25 PM »
wow, it was crazy out there today.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:40 PM »
Wow glad everybody is ok . That reminds me of the deer I hit on the way to the lake a few years ago.

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #38 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:48 PM »
I am glad to hear every one is OK.  Sorry to hear about the lousy day.
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:53 PM »
  I'm Glad you guys are OK,  I got in a bad  wreck once on the way out ice fishing, I scared the #$%$# out of me, gear flying everywhere.   Hope the vex is OK,     some things you just can't be without.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:55 PM »
I am glad to hear every one is OK.  Sorry to hear about the lousy day.

Thanks......first accident in 24 years of driving where someone else was not at fault.  It was bound to happen sooner or later....just happy no one was hurt and we could laugh about it afterwards.  Although I don't think the insurance company will think it is funny!

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:59 PM »
  I'm Glad you guys are OK,  I got in a bad  wreck once on the way out ice fishing, I scared the #$%$# out of me, gear flying everywhere.   Hope the vex is OK,     some things you just can't be without.

Yep....scary stuff while it is happening....there were 2 open pepsi's and one open mt dew in the cab + 5 dozen minnows that went everywhere.  I have pop frozen on the dash, seats, floor, door panels, windows, and minnows and all the water all over the passenger floor board.  I think they are going to have clean and detail the interior too as it is a mess with all that water, pop and minnows everywhere.  If the vex's don't work, I will have to turn them in on the insurance also as 2 of them were not mine!

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 08, 2011, 09:52 PM »
Wow wax sorry to hear!! Did not realize the weather was that bad. Just a light snowfall here in the Fort.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #43 on: Jan 09, 2011, 05:34 AM »
Is a truly good thing that noone was hurt..Is a very good thing to see how this brotherhood comes together to back a guy,when he needs them.. JT

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #44 on: Jan 09, 2011, 07:13 AM »
Bummer. BassmastrBen wiped out on the way to Sylvan y-day himself.

Offline Shawgill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 09, 2011, 08:14 AM »
we had a slow day of fishing , and I was kinda bummed about that, I'll take my day over yours ''every ''time.
 Glad you guys are allright.

Offline popnfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 09, 2011, 08:58 AM »
 glad everyone got through ok,
shoulda took the pic before the mess got cleaned up  ;)

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:11 AM »
WOW, glad my fly maker is safe... I been in some close calls this year as well, I just get to excited to get to the spot! Glad everyone is safe!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline Hog Daddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • old school - the "don't laugh " sled
« Reply #48 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Probably had visions of suger plums, and big crappie dancing in their heads.  Seriously, glad you guys arent' hurt...except for the pride.

HHD

Offline fishingguru

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:47 AM »
Boy remind me not to let you drive when we go next time. Glad to hear that you guys were are right. Should be down here with me right now. That wouldn't happen when it sunny and 73 degrees. Not much snow on the ground. You can't walk on the water but the fishing is still good. See ya soon!

Offline Fergie2u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #50 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:59 AM »
Dang dude gald you and everybody in your ride is OK. Sorry to hear about your bad luck but its great to hear that NO one was hurt.  Do you have a back up way to get to the lake to fish?  If not pm me and maybe I can help you out with a ride to and from. Maybe I can learn a thing or two just shoot me a pm.

Offline ZRWHAT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 09, 2011, 10:30 AM »
Man you guys had a rough trip, glad nobody was hurt!  It was slick all the way up to Sylvan even in 4wd.

Offline imsoawesome

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 09, 2011, 11:34 AM »
wax shouldnt have been watch Fast and Furious-Tokio Drift the night before... that movie must have got him pumped up.  ;D
WOMEN WANT ME......FISH FEAR ME!!!

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 09, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Dang dude gald you and everybody in your ride is OK. Sorry to hear about your bad luck but its great to hear that NO one was hurt.  Do you have a back up way to get to the lake to fish?  If not pm me and maybe I can help you out with a ride to and from. Maybe I can learn a thing or two just shoot me a pm.

Thanks Fergie2u....I have 2 other 4wd vehicles that I can use, and I will also have a rental starting monday while my truck is getting fixed.  I am sure the rental won't be like my truck at the 30.00 a day the insurance pays, but if it gets me around that is all that matters.

WOW, glad my fly maker is safe... I been in some close calls this year as well, I just get to excited to get to the spot! Glad everyone is safe!

LOL....yep...me and my fly tying hands are fine.  Can't hurt the hands...that is how I make a living!  

wax shouldnt have been watch Fast and Furious-Tokio Drift the night before... that movie must have got him pumped up.  ;D

Never watched those movies, hence my "drifting" skills suck as Blue said!!  Somehow I don't think anyone could have made that curve at the speed I was going.  I wasn't flying or driving recklessly, but had no idea how sharp the curve was on a steep downhill grade.  Obviously it was too fast for the conditions that day!!  While waiting for the  :callcops: and tow truck I saw the proper way to negotiate that curve as the other fisherman crept around the curve at a very slow pace.  Wonder if my truck in the ditch had anything to do with them driving that slow!?

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 09, 2011, 01:07 PM »
About 7 years ago I was less than 300 yards from the lake and headed down a steep slope, hit the brakes to slow down and slide off the side of the road.  The side of my truck and my head hit a telephone pole.  Truck was totalled and I had a few pieces of glass in my hair, was sore for a few days but could have been much worse.

Offline rjflynn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Jan 09, 2011, 05:31 PM »
you guys are a trip. remind me not to go fishing with you ;D

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 09, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Come on rjflynn we make fishing interesting!!  :woot: :roflmao: :icefish:

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 11, 2011, 05:26 PM »
Got the call from the insurance estimator today.....9400.00 in damage.....won't get it back until the 27th at the earliest.  The toyota Camry I am is a far cry from my supercrew!!!  I am just happy no one was hurt, the frame is not bent, and it was not totaled.  Now the wait begins.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #58 on: Jan 11, 2011, 05:28 PM »
that kinda sucks bra,, id prolly wreck a camry bein used to my 1 ton diesal 4dr..lol

Offline slabgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie!!!!
« Reply #59 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Not too bad considering...LOL!!!! :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.