The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: saginaw river wallys?  (Read 1277 times)

Offline cltaylor

• IceShanty Rookie
saginaw river wallys?
« on: Jan 25, 2007, 07:34 PM »
any 1 know a good spot i live in flint and was plany on headn up there this weekend

flockshot

Re: saginaw river wallys?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2007, 07:38 PM »
right down town saginaw by the old hooters..im not sure of the road names..but thats where ive always gone..id get an ice report first...last i heard they were only averaging 4 inchs...safe yes..but its a river and there were open sections still as well too....so you never know where those thin spots are gonna be.

Offline spoonfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just one more
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2007, 09:03 PM »
 the only spots anyone is fishing is by the bean elavator right up town or north of the z bridge. at the bean ice looks ok but north of the bridge there is open water real close to where everyone is fishing. the river is really screwed up this year. the ice got jamed up and is very jagged starting at hooters up stream. one couldn't even pull a shanty out there its so messed up.
personnally i have not fished it yet do to the ice conditions and all the open water. still a good current running right now keeping it open. with the cold weather tonite it will help but also might cover some of the open water with just an inch or so.be careful!

if you want any directions feel free to pm me and i'll shoot them to you.most ice i heard was 6 but that was near the edge and the channel is like 3-4 with less in some spots.not alot keepers either but a bunch of 8-14" fish. i think next weekend will be a whole lot safer.be safe and don't go alone.take your spud and use it often.stay on top

only keep what you're gonna eat
                                                            MIRC

Offline southend517

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saginaw Bay MI
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2007, 07:01 AM »
the shiver on the river conntest starts this weekend also.

Offline cltaylor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2007, 08:44 AM »
thanks guys ;)

Offline spoonfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just one more
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2007, 11:14 PM »
 they are fishing the river right up at the mouth out from the dnr launch to the bay. they were running sleds along the edge of the west side all day. 3-4" in channel maybe 5" along edge. mostly small fish. most of been 75 shantys out there sunday.good hard ice.as of sunday morn leader of the shiver was a 7+ lb fish.sure that wont hold up long.

only keep what you're gonna eat
                                                            MIRC

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.