The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Walleyes?  (Read 1493 times)

Offline michiganbowhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Walleyes?
« on: Jan 21, 2007, 04:41 PM »
does anyone know of a good place to fish for eyes around northern oakland?

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Walleyes?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Lakeville lake (from what I have fished of it) was pretty good for eyes. you can also try fishing the holloway res in lapeer/genesse county best bet is at the dam depending on how they have the water level if it's high or really low don't bother if it looks high and fairly smooth try it with a green jighead with a minnow under a 2-3 foot bobber   

Offline calvin21

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My best!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2007, 07:38 PM »
Lakeville lake (from what I have fished of it) was pretty good for eyes. you can also try fishing the holloway res in lapeer/genesse county best bet is at the dam depending on how they have the water level if it's high or really low don't bother if it looks high and fairly smooth try it with a green jighead with a minnow under a 2-3 foot bobber  

Is there any good ice on Lakeville yet?  i want to try to set some tip ups for northerns there and also try the walleyes and Perch.  I know that there are some nice size Northerns in that lake

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:16 PM »
haven't been there yet this year i think it will be at least another week maybe 2 before i'll venture out.

Offline switchboarder2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2007, 10:34 PM »
From what I hear there are already people out on Lakeville.  I'll be heading out there this weekend, fishing the south end around the boat launch.  I'll be fishing a different lake sat. during the day but I'll be on lakeville sat. evening and possibly sun. morning.  I'll let post ice conditions and results.
If it swims, I can catch it!

Offline switchboarder2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:03 AM »
Alright, I hit Lakeville Lake Sat.  Theres about 3 - 4 of good black ice out there.  Fishing was slow though, saw a few perch through the hole but that was about it, no 'eyes.  One guy got a small pike on a tip-up, he claimed it was legal but I never saw him measure it....didn't look quite legal to me.
If it swims, I can catch it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.