Author Topic: Striker ice bib repair concord NH  (Read 3190 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Striker ice bib repair concord NH
« on: Jul 16, 2020, 11:14 AM »
Yes its July but already prepping. Had some repairs done to my striker ice bibs, not happy with the velcro hems so I had them sewed permanently.  The lady was very intrigued by the quality and construction and materials of the ice bibs. She mentioned that she previously worked for Globe Fire fighter suits a NH Company.  She said they were built a lot like there products. I have had to send mine back once to manufacturer but there is a huge turn around time, especially during ice season.  I asked her about it and she said she can fix / rebuild anything on them, zippers suspenders whatever. Just figured I would share the info. I got mine fixed up in one week. Ready for the season . If anyone needs the name just PM me Ill share the shop name, she is in concord NH.
Salmonemia

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Striker ice bib repair concord NH
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2020, 11:26 AM »
There is a taylor in Ossipee NH that just gave my bibs a similar type of tune up.  I am hoping to get a couple more years out of them now!  He also did great work.  Ossipee Taylor Shop and his name is Jamie!

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2020, 03:32 PM »
Thanks salmonemia, this may come in handy. I recently bought a pair of predator bibs and found them a little long, stumps for legs.. PM sent
John

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2020, 05:36 AM »
Thanks salmonemia, this may come in handy. I recently bought a pair of predator bibs and found them a little long, stumps for legs.. PM sent

I feel your pain Caveman.

Good info Wayne, overall are you happy with the Strikers? I'm looking to upgrade to something with the float assist that is a little more rugged than my Frabill I3's.
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2020, 01:47 PM »
Hottuna5150 PM sent
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2020, 07:11 PM »
Yes its July but already prepping. Had some repairs done to my striker ice bibs, not happy with the velcro hems so I had them sewed permanently.  The lady was very intrigued by the quality and construction and materials of the ice bibs. She mentioned that she previously worked for Globe Fire fighter suits a NH Company.  She said they were built a lot like there products. I have had to send mine back once to manufacturer but there is a huge turn around time, especially during ice season.  I asked her about it and she said she can fix / rebuild anything on them, zippers suspenders whatever. Just figured I would share the info. I got mine fixed up in one week. Ready for the season . If anyone needs the name just PM me Ill share the shop name, she is in concord NH.

I'll be sending you a PM! Depending on how much she charges me, I would love to open up the front pockets of my trekker bibs and replace the tiny velcro pockets with button. I haven't been so frustrated with a pair of bibs. Nothing worse than scratching your hands in the cold just to get something out of a damn pocket.
Tight Lines!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2020, 07:36 AM »
I feel your pain Caveman.

Good info Wayne, overall are you happy with the Strikers? I'm looking to upgrade to something with the float assist that is a little more rugged than my Frabill I3's.

Yes I owned 2 pairs, Predators are a good Bib good build quality lots of pockets, very warm. I sold them just wanted the hardwater bibs, they are also very good quality. You will like them, One modification I made was an accessory they sell on striker site is a chest cross strap that clips together it keeps the shoulder straps from sliding 
Salmonemia

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Salmonemia

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jul 27, 2020, 07:26 PM »
John

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2020, 07:37 PM »
I rigged one of my oladys big hair tieS on my suspenders in the back years ago.my straps were falling of my shoulders constantly..Just unbuckle them and slide the tie over both straps and slide it to the back.cheap,not adjustable but its small enough to stay tight but stretches if need be.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jul 27, 2020, 08:19 PM »
I rigged one of my oladys big hair tieS on my suspenders in the back years ago.my straps were falling of my shoulders constantly..Just unbuckle them and slide the tie over both straps and slide it to the back.cheap,not adjustable but its small enough to stay tight but stretches if need be.
good tip  :tipup:
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.