Author Topic: This years infisherman ice guide.  (Read 3325 times)

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
This years infisherman ice guide.
« on: Oct 06, 2021, 10:02 PM »
Anyone see it on the news stands yet?

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: This years infisherman ice guide.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2021, 06:49 AM »
There is a copy on EBay for $5.99 plus shipping.

Offline mikejl04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2021, 07:25 AM »
I got mine at Wal-Mart last week.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2021, 07:28 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2021, 08:06 AM »
Thanks folks. Usually hits the shelves here in Canada a week after you guys.

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2021, 08:08 PM »
Just got mine today at Walmart actually looked pretty good all advertising of course but fun.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2021, 05:01 AM »
I got$100 it's identical to all the other years. 10 new lakes to try, Best New Stuff, amazing new tips from Brian"Bro" Brosdahl(put bait on a hook, real new), best Lake trout lakes. It's really shiny though.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2021, 08:23 AM »
I just get it for the reeds catalog. But for 6 bucks, I still buy it every year.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2021, 08:48 AM »
I stopped buying it cuz it's just advertisement. The last couple years I skimmed through them and tossed them. Latest and greatest gear and jigs that are sure to work better than the jigs from last year.

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Come on Spider, it’s more of an traditional for pre-ice fishing season. It’s just what we do when we’re chomping at the bit…. Haha

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2021, 09:16 AM »
I think the discussions we have here on shanty early season about what's new and coming out are far more informative than a giant sales flyer full of biased opinions... One of my buddies gets it every year for tradition, I get that. Just not my thing.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2021, 04:37 PM »
I get both issues they put out each year... I'll also have turkey this Thanksgiving and put up a tree the Christmas!  ;)
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2021, 05:04 PM »
I get both issues they put out each year... I'll also have turkey this Thanksgiving and put up a tree the Christmas!  ;)

I got a free issue 2 years ago. Ya get what you pay for- :P

Also I hate Turkey usually eat ribeye roast for thxgiving.

And we never put up a Xmas tree.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2021, 05:09 PM »
I was a sucker and bought it, mostly for the Reeds catalog. Pure crap like always, buy a big ad get a great review. It’s the In Fish way.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #14 on: Oct 09, 2021, 05:26 PM »
I got a free issue 2 years ago. Ya get what you pay for- :P

Also I hate Turkey usually eat ribeye roast for thxgiving.

And we never put up a Xmas tree.

Shalom
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2021, 09:19 AM »
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2021, 03:45 PM »
Experienced fishermen don't need it, but for newcomers, it's got useful information.  That's how I sorta got started on and learned from reading those articles.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2021, 07:25 PM »
Experienced fishermen don't need it, but for newcomers, it's got useful information.  That's how I sorta got started on and learned from reading those articles.

I’m pretty experienced and I still pick up some tips or new gear ideas.  Last year I bought some new micro soft plastics based on an article and in two different occasions it helped me when nothing else seemed to work.  I enjoy all of the “advertisements”.  P3 plastics crawzi:

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2021, 07:13 AM »
The last one I bought and looked through I realized while I was reading on of the articles that I had read pretty much that same article the year before... except they were hawking that years big seller jigs and rods. I got all the gear I need, all I need is 4" of BLACK ICE!!!

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Oct 11, 2021, 08:35 AM »
In-Fisherman is a waste of money. Almost every magazine out there these days are a waste. Nothing but repeat topics and advertisements, written by writers who are paid to push product.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Oct 11, 2021, 02:34 PM »
In-Fisherman is a waste of money. Almost every magazine out there these days are a waste. Nothing but repeat topics and advertisements, written by writers who are paid to push product.

I have to agree. I am also an avid cyclist and the same thing can be said about cycling mags.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Oct 11, 2021, 06:27 PM »
Lots of the fishing shows are like that also. Izumi, Lindners, many of them just go to lodges in canada catch fish in a bathtub.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Oct 13, 2021, 08:21 AM »
they put fish in bathtubs ? crazy canucks!!!

Offline ont_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Oct 13, 2021, 08:38 AM »
I always think of in fisherman as "browsing this years new lures or products".

I will agree sometimes the articles are a little repetitive.

I personally enjoyed the write up on ice line this year, although its stuff I already knew...it was a nice read.

But ya, infisherman was like browsing cabelas or bass pro before the internet.

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Oct 15, 2021, 06:30 PM »
I always thought what few stories there were in the guie. All were the same exact script only the names changed to protect the paid for " opinion ".

See if the rest of you read it the same way I do. The " writer " will assume the identity of HERO. Here we go. HERO meets up with his usual gang of buds for some hot ice action. But unfortunately the fish are tight lipped for one reason or another. This part at least has some variety. HERO is having bad luck just like the rest of his crew.

Then HERO remembers he has some new this year lure. No one else in the crew has it. The HERO was the only farsighted person to actually purchase this new " killer lure ". Even though millions was spent advertising the thing.

As our HERO pulls it from his tackle storage. It is suspect or even laughed at by the rest of the crew. But their lack of confidence is soon replaced by astonishment. The HERO starts slamming the fish just like years past. Guess the fish aren't feeding at all until they see something NEW. Luckily the HERO was far sighted enough to buy several of these wonder lures.  HERO passes out some to his cohorts.The fish so eagerly attack the thing. They all have to turn their back to their holes so the fish quit leaping on the ice to get at the thing. ( Slightly exaggerating here ). So everyone goes home happy with buckets of fish.

But yeah I will probably buy one too LOL
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Oct 16, 2021, 07:59 AM »
A few years ago my Granddaughter was selling magazines for school. I subscribed to a couple. One was Field and Stream. It turned out to be a really good magazine. Stories just like the old days. I saved them to read in deer camp. Then they went quarterly. That was okay I guess. Then they went digital. Didn't do me much good in deer camp with no electricity, or computer. I contacted them. They said I was S**t out of luck. Didn't get a refund either.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Oct 16, 2021, 10:17 AM »
A few years ago my Granddaughter was selling magazines for school. I subscribed to a couple. One was Field and Stream. It turned out to be a really good magazine. Stories just like the old days. I saved them to read in deer camp. Then they went quarterly. That was okay I guess. Then they went digital. Didn't do me much good in deer camp with no electricity, or computer. I contacted them. They said I was S**t out of luck. Didn't get a refund either.

I used to get Outdoor Life and Field & Stream. I believe they are owned by the same parent company. I didn't really mind because it was something to read while taking a dump. Both magazines went to quarterly. I stopped my subscriptions when both magazines had a virtually identical article about "hunting" iguanas in Puerto Rico(or Florida or Bahamas) with airguns. The author of one article was in the background of the grip & grin of the author of the other article. They talked about the same exact airgun and the photos we VERY, VERY similar.

I mean, I understand that there's only so much that can be written about the rut or early ice or bugling bull elk, but they didn't even try to hide it.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Oct 16, 2021, 12:36 PM »
I have a paid subscription to In-Fisherman, but still have to pay extra if I want the ice fishing guide…what’s up with that?
I may glance through it at the store if I can, but nope, ain’t buying it!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #28 on: Oct 17, 2021, 03:25 AM »
I always thought what few stories there were in the guie. All were the same exact script only the names changed to protect the paid for " opinion ".

See if the rest of you read it the same way I do. The " writer " will assume the identity of HERO. Here we go. HERO meets up with his usual gang of buds for some hot ice action. But unfortunately the fish are tight lipped for one reason or another. This part at least has some variety. HERO is having bad luck just like the rest of his crew.

Then HERO remembers he has some new this year lure. No one else in the crew has it. The HERO was the only farsighted person to actually purchase this new " killer lure ". Even though millions was spent advertising the thing.

As our HERO pulls it from his tackle storage. It is suspect or even laughed at by the rest of the crew. But their lack of confidence is soon replaced by astonishment. The HERO starts slamming the fish just like years past. Guess the fish aren't feeding at all until they see something NEW. Luckily the HERO was far sighted enough to buy several of these wonder lures.  HERO passes out some to his cohorts.The fish so eagerly attack the thing. They all have to turn their back to their holes so the fish quit leaping on the ice to get at the thing. ( Slightly exaggerating here ). So everyone goes home happy with buckets of fish.

But yeah I will probably buy one too LOL

LOL.  Is this how U-tube vids are made.  ;D  Oh I mean how the articles are fictionalized worded.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Online TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Oct 19, 2021, 04:04 PM »
I’m pretty experienced and I still pick up some tips or new gear ideas.  Last year I bought some new micro soft plastics based on an article and in two different occasions it helped me when nothing else seemed to work.  I enjoy all of the “advertisements”.  P3 plastics crawzi:

Well that is because anything and everything they make just straight up works. It was cool to see that small company get featured last year, don't need all of the secrets getting out though.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.