Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

Ski Doo 380f - too small for a big guy?

(1/2) > >>

delay18:
Hey guys. Looking to add a snowmobile to my mix. I have a 850 sportsman that I use alot but it struggled last year with lots of snow. So I decided to get a sled for use when I can't get the wheeler out and for getting up to my camp during the winter. I don't need or want any speed demon. Just a work horse.

I found an 02 Ski Doo Grand Touring 380f for sale local. It needs a seat cover but the kid is moving and wants to dump it. $500

Seems like a good deal and I'm going to go look at it. My question is am I going to be disappointed in a 380? I'm 6'1 275 and typically haul myself, my buddy (5'10 200?) And two sleds of gear out on the ice. I know nothing about sleds so I don't know if a 380 will do it or if I'm asking for problems.

Thoughts?

DR.SPECKLER:
It should do fine.im 280 and use a 340.never had 2 people on it tho.it pulls a  gear sled with a person in it easily.

meandcuznalfy:
Only problem you'll have is deep snow with no base, be hard with 2 people, other than that should work great.

burgerunh:
You will be fine with it.  I have a 1991 Indy 340 2-up long track and I had myself (325 lbs) my buddy (200 lbs) plus 3 sleds loaded up with gear towed behind last year.  No problem whatsoever.

filetandrelease:
 I have a bud that at 1 time weighed touch over 500 , and a 2 man shack in tow
 And he made his destinations ok

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version