Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Ice augers for Saskatchewan winters

(1/3) > >>

saskbucks:
I had posted this earlier in the year but it got moved.  I’m putting it back here because I believe it’s location specific. In November I purchased the Eskimo pistol bit 8”.  I found a sale for the Milwaukee FUEL 18V brushless drill 1200 ft/lbs of torque that included a third 5ah battery.  After a season I’m very happy with my set up.  It’s super light, easy to transport, and cuts very well. One trip to Hitchcock Bay dulled my shaver blades.  “The Sharp Guy” honed them up good as new and they’ve been razors ever since. By the end of the year I was able to cut more than 30 holes with still having one battery with power.  Now I have a drill for my at home projects as well. 

ran7ger:
 Same drill here on a clam plate with 8" finbore.  7 years with it and I'm not even sure where my honda strikemaster is anymore.   Put a 9 or 12 ah battery on that drill and it's a different beast altogether! 

hardwater diehard:
Just a heads up ..Eskimo/ION had a bad batch of blades ...some boxes were supplied with an "extra" set of blades after they found out about the problem. If you call Eskimo they will send you a new set of blades . My buddy just had an issue with his ION 8" composite blades and after a two minute conversation with ION he received his blades 5 days later. The blades sharpness problems range from no cutting at all to having to apply some pressure to get it to cut and every thing in-between. Note you are unable to file a warrantee claim as the claim form requires a serial number in order for it to sent ..their are no serial numbers on the the augers or box to accomplish that so calling is the only option to get it resolved. Good luck with your set up

ESKIMO 800-345-6007

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=380266.msg4124741#msg4124741

saskbucks:

--- Quote from: hardwater diehard on Apr 05, 2021, 07:25 AM ---Just a heads up ..Eskimo/ION had a bad batch of blades ...some boxes were supplied with an "extra" set of blades after they found out about the problem. If you call Eskimo they will send you a new set of blades . My buddy just had an issue with his ION 8" composite blades and after a two minute conversation with ION he received his blades 5 days later. The blades sharpness problems range from no cutting at all to having to apply some pressure to get it to cut and every thing in-between. Note you are unable to file a warrantee claim as the claim form requires a serial number in order for it to sent ..their are no serial numbers on the the augers or box to accomplish that so calling is the only option to get it resolved. Good luck with your set up

ESKIMO 800-345-6007

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=380266.msg4124741#msg4124741

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up.  After getting them sharpened, they cut excellently. 

bowl450:
Im looking for an electric Ice auger, I like the Jiffy E6 
is this a good buy ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version