Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608078 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25050 on: Oct 15, 2021, 08:20 PM »
Good evening everyone

All I saw for my time in the tree was 1 fat porcupine. The wind never let up and it's supposed to be windy again tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Time to put another log on the fire.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25051 on: Oct 15, 2021, 08:39 PM »
Wind sucks!!!
For fishing and hunting.   :-\

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25052 on: Oct 16, 2021, 04:59 AM »
Morning all,

WS….hope the wind dies down and you start seeing some activity

IFF….congrats on the new home

FH4…..sorry you lost all that meat

IW…..good luck with the truck

Field hockey game yesterday was a loss, 2 hockey games on tap today

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25053 on: Oct 16, 2021, 05:47 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                            It's 61* and cloudy here on my hill, rain and some wind today. ::)
                            Wally........Have a good day, I hope there are some in the "W" column. :flex:
                            Fish..........I'm sorry to read about the loss of the meat, there must have been some hefty winds to open doors. :%$#!:
                            Marv.........I take it you're not hunting porcupines. Lol :roflmao: Good luck today. :thumbsup:
                            H2l...........I'm not hunting today either, to warm. :cookoo:
                            Eddie........I hope you're on your way to the river. :unsure:
                            Bud..........Congratul ations on the house, my it work out for you. :thumbsup:
                            Yesterday I had my local mechanic come up to check my truck out, he said transmission it toast, so I checked around and found a used
                 one, the auto parts place will warrantee it foe 2 years and is about a 1/3 the coast of having the dealer do the job. I also had to get a place to
                 install it. A transmission specialty shop can do the work, but they are about 2 1/2 weeks backlogged with work. Oh well.
                            I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stray Safe and Healthy. 

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25054 on: Oct 16, 2021, 05:54 AM »
62* this morning.
I dodged the new pup thing again. Now I hear the real story. The nephew of a friend of the wife got the dog from another friend. Any how, the nephew gave the dog to one of his friends yesterday. There has to be a reason why no one wants this dog, any way it's not here, WHEW!

IFF, glad the closing is behind you.

WS, good luck. Black powder season opens here this morning. 62* light rain with T-storms and high winds on the way. That should take some leaves off the trees around here. I will take a ride in a little while to see how many "young" bucks hit the woods.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25055 on: Oct 16, 2021, 06:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Damp 63* this am, calling for some heavy rain today, high of 68.

Marv…dang wind, sucks for sure! We got the fingers crossed the weather cooperates today and the deer are moving this morning…best of luck to you Sir, thanks for the update!  :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks for the local news updates, hope justice is served on  Oct.26.  No news to share on the laid off laborer yesterday, but there was definitely something very strange about him.  :cookoo:
  Bud…CONGRATULATIONS on the closing, that must have been a big stress reliever!!! Hope everything falls into place for you now, it’s certainly been a bumpy road…best wishes sent your way Sir!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  FH4…feel your pain about losing the venison, been in that boat once before myself with a garage door left open and dogs, terrible feeling.  :%$#!:  Glad the elk wasn’t touched.
  OS…hope things are going well with the new hip for you Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Tom…I think I got my SS card at age 14 when I needed to fill out working papers for a part time summer job with Parks Dept. in 1974.  We were only allowed to work 3hrs./day and if memory serves me right, my gross pay was $30 per week… ;D. Money was worth something back then…and having a wallet with a SS card and some folding $$ in it sure was a big deal for us.
  Jeff…sorry to read about the transmission problems, man that sucks, was hoping it would only be a bad ground or something. Glad you located another quickly, hopefully the shop can get you in sooner….best wishes.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…X2 on Jeff’s reply, best of luck to the grandchildren today!   :thumbsup:
  H2…sounds like it was best not getting the pup, I’m sure there will be another opportunity before long.   :thumbsup:

One of my sons is up in the Tupper Lake area of NY for today’s opener with the muzzle loader. Hoping to get a message sometime today from him on how he’s doing.   :thumbsup:
  Thought about making a solo trip the river today, but I’ve got a quite a few things to take care of here today…garage is in desperate need of getting ready for winter. Good day for it with the rain moving in.
  Cawfee’s still hot if anyone needs a refill…cider doughnuts under the dome!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25056 on: Oct 16, 2021, 07:36 AM »
44* to start the day. More rain also guessed if the effect sets up.

Marv I am surprised that destructive porky is around with you having fishers in the neighborhood. I think they are the only critter that will kill a porky without suffering much.

Do you want to go back to work? The guy that is cutting the trees next door is working alone. He can not get anyone to go to work to help him. Like all over the country no one wants to work. He is clearing the trees from all around the log cabin. He was working on the tall tree when it started to rain. He said it was from 50 to 60 feet tall. He is thinking about selling out his equipment and buying a semi. That would solve the lack of help problem.

Bud It is good to hear you finally got closed on the new place. It will take a lot of stress off of you.

Eddie I had to get my SS card when I went to work at a dime store when I was a freshman in HS back in 1957 for  60 cents an hour. I was making 90 cents when I quit as a senior. My first job did not require a SS number when I was delivering newspapers when I was 10. I don't think I made mere than 2 bucks a week delivering them 6 days a week. My mother made me quit when they went to 7 days a week papers so we had one day to spend doing things.

My nephew shot a 4 point yesterday. He said he is done shooting deer in Michigan as they are too heavy to drag. I told him when I saw the deer in Va when I hunted turkeys down there. "Your deer are not tall enough to see over the guard rails."

Time to get moving. I need to get the leaves cleaned up and the lawn mowed for one last time so it is easier to clean up the oak leaves from across the road when they finally start falling.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25057 on: Oct 16, 2021, 08:01 AM »
Whoa just waking up at Daughters and find the temp is 32* And feels like 26. Got to go with sil to local poker night tournament, which he won I was lucky enough to break even at the end

I am house sitting, seems a little strange me and the dogs have the run of the 6,000 sf home

They don’t use coffee, and bought just for me a new coffee pot so.  First things on my way to nearest store for coffee.  Will catch up with what’s happening with you all
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25058 on: Oct 16, 2021, 09:31 AM »
Good morning everyone!

36 in the bog, with gusts to 24mph. I thing I can hear something rattling  :-*

Bud....Congratulations on the house :thumbsup: :thumbsup:u

TT....The ship has sailed on working for another tree service. I am surprised also with the number of porcupine up here and fishers.

Other than the wind the deer seem hunkered down. I heard from my brother this morning, he plans on being to the shack around 1pm.

Hope you all have a good Saturday  :thumbsup: stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25059 on: Oct 16, 2021, 07:40 PM »
Got up to a balmy 36 degrees here today.
Winterized the boat motor but didn't shift things around as it was pouring rain.
Hopefully tomorrow the boat and sled positions will be swapped. :)

Good news!!!
Just looked outside and the rain has stopped!!!
It turned to snow!!  :-\

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25060 on: Oct 16, 2021, 09:22 PM »
Got up to a balmy 36 degrees here today.
Winterized the boat motor but didn't shift things around as it was pouring rain.
Hopefully tomorrow the boat and sled positions will be swapped. :)

Good news!!!
Just looked outside and the rain has stopped!!!
It turned to snow!!  :-\

A small price to pay to live in Gods country Dave :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The wind kept howling most of the day here. I finally saw a couple deer with one being a dandy 10pt. All looked good until he came to a Y in the trail and took the path that veered away from me. He ended up about 60 yards from my stand in some dense brush. Maybe he'll be back tomorrow.

My brother arrived at 1pm today. Tonight we hoisted a couple Ernie's befor calling it a night.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Goodnight!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25061 on: Oct 16, 2021, 11:20 PM »
Marv best of luck for you guys tomorrow. I hope to have the newer pickup delivered to me tomorrow. Will have to challenge my friend to some pool and Shuffle board games when he gets here
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25062 on: Oct 16, 2021, 11:43 PM »
One down and was called to work so out here getting things done at work. But the daughter got her crane and the wife should have but we left the ammo at the car so had to run back and get more since this one was still running around with a broken wing. But I thinknwe might have them figured out so the wife can get her crane. Seen probably 200 or more fly over a spot out if range so will see if they fly there tomorrow.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25063 on: Oct 17, 2021, 04:59 AM »
Morning all,

WS….here’s hoping today’s the day!!

IFF…..found your “new” truck  ???

H2L….good luck tonight

FH4…..congrats to your daughter

TT…..congrats to your nephew

Drifter….you can keep the snow up there for now please

First game yesterday was a 2-6 loss, my grandson had a goal and assist! Second game he was goalie, that was a 3-1 win!!  A game this morning and that’s it for the weekend. Heading back west later today.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25064 on: Oct 17, 2021, 05:19 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 40* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Marv.........That sucks that that 10 pt. took the trail away from you. :%$#!: Hopefully he will be back through today. :flex:
                         Wally.........Maybe the coach should have your grandson be goalie the other games. ??? Have a safe trip home. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie.........I hope you will have a good report from the boys from Tupper Lake. :thumbsup:
                         Fish..........Congrats to your daughter for getting the crane. :clap: I didn't know they were huntable. :blink: Are the good eating? ???
                         Dave.........I'm glad you got the motor winterized, Snow around here would help with the hunting. :whistle:
                         Tom..........Congrats to your nephew on scoring a buck. :flex:
                         Bud..........You must be lost in a 6000 sf home by yourself. :blink:
                         It rained off and on most of the day so I sat in my living room watching the leaves fall, my front yard is completely covered, I don't think
                there is any grass showing. Looks like I'll try to a leaf clean up today.
                         I hope everyone has a good sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25065 on: Oct 17, 2021, 05:31 AM »
IW…..he plays on 3 different teams, goalie for 2 and skater for the 3rd team just for fun !!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25066 on: Oct 17, 2021, 05:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Feeling a little more like Fall here this am…47* with NW winds 10-20, high of 53 today.

FH4….Congratulations to your daughter on bagging a Crane, awesome picture!   Best of luck to your wife with today’s hunt!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud…congrats on the new truck, hope it arrives on time today!   :thumbsup:  What did you end up choosing?
  Marv…sooooo close!! Hope you get another crack at the 10 point today…glad your brother arrived safely, best of luck to you both today!!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…glad you got the boat winterized, perfect timing!   :thumbsup:  Probably won’t get too many to agree here, but I’d love to see about  2”” of snow here right now to get rid of the freaking ticks and get some bow hunting time in.  ;D
  Tom…congratulations to your nephew on the 4 point! Glad to see his hard work and effort on the stand paid off…that’s awesome!    :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…congratulations on the win yesterday!   :clap:  Best of luck with today’s game, hope you all had a great visit together, safe travels home.   :thumbsup:  How did they like the whoopie pies?   :whistle:
  Jeff…slow go with the hunting yesterday, maybe this am will turn out better for my son before the return trip home. Got the same look on my lawn, lol, going to hold off until later in the week.   ;D
  H2…best of luck to you and the team tonight, hope the lanes treat you well.   :thumbsup:

My son sent me a message yesterday afternoon, hunting was a little slow, but they saw a couple…no shots fired, spooked a few on their way in that were bedded down.
  Got a good jump on my to do list yesterday, should have that wrapped up today clearing the way for some fishing next weekend.
  Gas is now up to $3.40+/gl  for 87 octane here, over $4 for the non ethanol. Now costing me a $100 week just to drive to work…afraid to think how high it will get by ice season.       “ Let’s Go Brandon!! “  :%$#!:   Cawfee’s on…,

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25067 on: Oct 17, 2021, 06:37 AM »
46* and the rain has stopped. We didn't get the t-storms or the wind yesterday but a lot of rain.
The wife, Lindsay and I went out to breakfast yesterday and then they went to Oscars in Glens Falls.
WW, glad you are having a good time over in Mass. Safe travels.
There were very few hunters out yesterday morning.
Eddie, I can't believe what is happening to our country. More than "Let's go Brandon" has to be heard.
Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25068 on: Oct 17, 2021, 06:50 AM »

H2l....Is that Oscar:s smoke house in Warrensburg?

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25069 on: Oct 17, 2021, 07:44 AM »

H2l....Is that Oscar:s smoke house in Warrensburg?

IW
Yes! I knew it was over that way, someplace.
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25070 on: Oct 17, 2021, 09:56 AM »
Good morning everyone.

32 this morning with calm winds .

Just 2 deer so far this morning. I had a Y buck hanging around the stand for 15 minutes. 2x he stuck his nose in the air he must have caught some scent. I took some pictures but everyone was blurry.

The other deer was a bigger doe. Totally oblivious to being watched. Hopefully in a couple more weeks she'll drag a buck along with her.

I'm going to head in and see what my brother is up to. I think some coffee is in order.

Hope you all have a good Sunday.
Stay s ax fe and keep keep healthy

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25071 on: Oct 17, 2021, 10:11 AM »
Good day, sixty degrees outside sunny with a few clouds in a blue sky and winds gusting up to 15 mph. Rain arrived a little before 5PM on Saturday with high winds and heavy  down pour for around a half hour . then just steady rain and lighter winds for next few hours. I see Covid vaccine mandates my cause travel problems by Thanksgiving as american airlines has issued mandate it's employee must be vaccinate by November 12Th. City of Chicago may see shortage of police officers as mayor mandated be vaccinated by Oct.16TH or submit to weekly testing which employees will pay for National Guard troops are on stand by if need to fill employee shortages. Similar story in other places around the United States.
Wallyworld glad yesterday's hockey games included a win for one of your grandson's teams. may he not burn himself out playing for 3 teams.  May your trip home from MA. be problem free.
Ice Wanderer lots of leaves and smaller tree branches on the ground here after yesterday's rain. To bad you will have to replace the transmission on your truck. Good your local mechanic could find a used one with a 2 year warantee for lower cost then dealership. Hopefully the wait to have repair preformed is under the two week waiting period.
Hunts2long sounds like the puppy needs lots of training or has some other problem if he gets getting passed among people. All of you enjoy whatever Oscar's products you purchased. Best to you and your teammates at the bowling alley tonight.
Masoneddie gas prices have been going up here also now averaging $3.15/gal. of 87 octane. Local Cumberland Farms is charging 43.40 . Sorry to hear it was a slow day of hunting for your son. Good that you are caught up on the to-do list and can fish this coming weekend.
tomturkey congratulations to your nephew on his deer.
IFF best to you with the new pickup truck. I hope the dogs are behaving for you during the house sitting.
Whopper Stopper glad your brother arrive safely to the shack. may one of you get a shot at the ten point buck during your hunt. Hopefully the winds stop so you are not swaying in the tree stands.Thank you for the update from your stand don't get caught posting when Mr. 10 point comes walking by your spot.
Drifter with you boat winterized I assume no cabin trips until the Ice roads open for the year.
Fish/Hunt4ever congratulations to your daughter on getting a sand hill crane. Best to your wife in her quest to harvest one and to you in filling the elk tag next weekend.

May everyone have a good and safe Sunday.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25072 on: Oct 17, 2021, 11:48 AM »
Yes! I knew it was over that way, someplace.

They have some good stuff.

IW

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25073 on: Oct 17, 2021, 05:07 PM »
The little bit of snow we got melted and we had a little light rain today.

Got the boat in it's winter spot in the garage and pulled the batteries and then put the cover on for the winter.
Moved my sled trailer into the SxS barn and pulled the SxS into the boat garage in front of the boat and went to work on installing the tracks. Got the front ones done, just need the get the rears on. Then I'm going to have to fab up a bracket that will go in between the plow and plow mount as the mount is too high with the tracks on. 

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25074 on: Oct 17, 2021, 06:15 PM »
Evening all, currently 62° and clear as it gets close to sunset. It was 37 when I got up this morning; quite a welcome change from that 80s and 90s crap we had been having clear up to last week. Got out a did a bit of fishing. The water level is just about perfect, and 10-12° colder than it was a week ago. The fish didn't seem to mind the temp drop.

Caught a handful of redhorse, a few little catfish, and a nice carp .The boy ended up getting a couple little channel cats, and his first baby flathead. He was pretty excited about that. They used to be pretty rare around here, but I've been catching them more and more regularly over the past few years. White and striped bass are getting more common in the local rivers, too.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25075 on: Oct 17, 2021, 09:11 PM »
Zcm from the smiles in the pictures someone likes fishing   ;D 

Steve one puppy came in to wake me up, then found out why, was not to be let out as they have a doggie door and can come in or go out as they please. It was wanting her morning snack of ham from the refrigerator, according to the notes that were left for me.

Pretty pleasant day out bluebird skies, think topped out at 73 after the morning start at 52   The 2014 Chevy pickup should be here tomorrow sometime, he got delayed with a mechanical problem on his Son’s vehicle. So today was a just being a couch potato watching football game’s

Dave well guess the other track changing is not a must have all at the same time. No need to rush things  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25076 on: Oct 17, 2021, 09:21 PM »
Good evening everyone .

Another day winding the high reached 70.

Nothing to look at out of the stand I was in. About 6pm my brother poked a decent sized doe. It only went about 30 yards before it piled up. Tonight was spent skinning it out and hanging it.

Tomorrow we will bone it out when I come in at noon. He is pretty excited to have meat to take to Texas this winter.

I am shot so time to call it a night.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25077 on: Oct 17, 2021, 09:32 PM »
Marv great news, always nice winging down on a successful day, and more memorable day for you and brother
Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25078 on: Oct 18, 2021, 03:57 AM »
Morning all, 42° and clear here, forecast high of 73 and sunny later.

IFF - he likes it for a while, then he gets bored, and a bored kid in a boat is torture for anyone actually trying to fish  :roflmao: I usually get about an hour to hour and a half out of him, and he's done.

WS - Hope you get a shot soon. It's about another month to opening day here. Now that the temps are lower, I need to test my muzzleloader. I'm using B209 in mine, and ignition was iffy whenever the temp was below about 40° out with the standard breech plug. I put a 209 plug in it a few months ago, been waiting for a cool day to test it out.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25079 on: Oct 18, 2021, 04:17 AM »
Good Morning Z, Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm and 41* this am, high of only 47 here today! 

Marv…Congratulations to your brother knocking down the Doe, making memories together, awesome job!   :clap: :bow:  Hoping that 10 point pays a visit to your stand this am, that would be the icing on the cake….best of luck Sir!   :thumbsup: 
  Bud…you must be a little anxious waiting on the delivery, hope the new truck serves you well… :thumbsup:
  Z…great pictures, thanks for sharing your trip with us….one happy young man right there, way to go Dad!!  :clap: :bow: 
  Dave…hope the fabricating goes smoothly for you!  :thumbsup:  How was it putting the front tracks on?
  Steve…believe we’re going to see some really crazy things happening soon with these mandates…law enforcement, medical staff are already stretched thin.
  H2…hope the team did well last evening!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…bet it fealt good sleeping in your own bed again, hope you had a great visit!   :thumbsup:

My son didn’t have any luck on his hunting trip, but had a good time getting out and getting away from it all for the weekend.
  Messed around with some of the ice gear yesterday, charged up all the batteries and began thinking about building another Smitty sled…got some ideas I’m going to tinker with.
  Back to the block work…Cawfee’s on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.