Colorado > Ice Fishing Colorado

Fished at Antero New Years Day....Anyone else?

(1/1)

cornholio:
Greetings All:
Went to Antero Resv. today and had a blast.....Many others were there too.....guess they were trying to beat the tourney over the weekend.  Caught 6 trout in about 2.5 hours....kept a 16" and a 17".  Drag you can only keep two, but I guess that will keep us all coming back for more another day.

Weather was great!  I'm kind of a newbie to this sport, and purchased an ice hut this past week....worked great...nice and warm.  All I need now is a sled and a gas powered auger.  Then I'll be set!

Anyone else have suggestions on bait/locations for a newbie?....I've also fished at Tarryall....It was early in the season, and fish were kind of small.

TroutinCO:
Fished there Wednesday.  Didn't have much action though....tons of people.
This is my first season(out of 3 seasons) actually getting fish through the hole consistantly, so i am still learning things myself. 
This was the first time that i had been to Antero as well.  Seems most people say to find the edge of the weed beds for best action, i sure couldnt find an edge of a weed bed though...
Kastmasters, tube jigs, swedish pimples all seem to work.  I normally use meal worms to tip my jigs with.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version