Author Topic: Any other Newfoundlanders or Labradorians out there?  (Read 480 times)

Offline tarmitten

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Work is for people who don't know how to fish!!!
Any other Newfoundlanders or Labradorians out there?
« on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:51 PM »
What a great forum!   For those of us who work hard and try to recreate in the out doors when there is time, Ice Shanty is a great encouragement between those times of work and play.   Just wondering if there are any other NFLDers out there who are on "Ice Shanty" and who have ice fishing in the blood? <<>>< Tarmitten :)
"My wife got a new ice auger for me...she said it was the best trade she ever made!!!"

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Any other Newfoundlanders or Labradorians out there?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:25 PM »
i fear you may be the first and only newfoundlander on here but there are canadians from all over on here so dont feel like the loner. my family is if quebec origin even though im a mainer now. my grandfather took a trip in the early 60s to your great providence. him and his brother got 2 moose and i think it was a woodland caribou? my mother has the pics somewhere. always wan ted to go up there and do some fishing. you got a section of lawn i could pitch a tent on? lol! welcome to the site!

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Any other Newfoundlanders or Labradorians out there?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2007, 03:11 PM »
Tarmitten, I am starting to think that all the Newfies are in Fort McMurray and Cold Lake working the rigs!
Winter is the time of year toward which all that has gone before
seems but a preparation....winter, a quiet acceptance of what is
to come....Sigurd F. Olsen

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.