Author Topic: Tucr at Cabelas!  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Buttonbuckslayer!

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tucr at Cabelas!
« on: Sep 19, 2016, 07:52 PM »
Looks like Tucr is going big time! They have the bullwhip listed at Cabelas as of this week.  I like conviencence of being able to order one without the wait, and being able to get free shipping and 10% off when they offer it!  I just hope quality and their incredible customer service doesn't suffer...

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tucr at Cabelas!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2016, 09:20 PM »
WOW!!! I wish them luck in this new adventure.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2016, 01:34 PM »
Looks like Tucr is going big time! They have the bullwhip listed at Cabelas as of this week.  I like conviencence of being able to order one without the wait, and being able to get free shipping and 10% off when they offer it!  I just hope quality and their incredible customer service doesn't suffer...

Just looked thru the Cabelas "set the hook with new fishing gear" catalog and they are also showing the TUCR precision/cork and precision/noodle split grip.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2016, 01:58 PM »
Never heard of them before but looking at those prices made my head spin. Reminds me of a $1400 Orvis 4 wt fly rod especially designed to catch 8 ounce brookies. A little too precious for my taste. You need to be able to tell the difference between what you need and what you wish you needed.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2016, 02:15 PM »
Never heard of them before but looking at those prices made my head spin. Reminds me of a $1400 Orvis 4 wt fly rod especially designed to catch 8 ounce brookies. A little too precious for my taste. You need to be able to tell the difference between what you need and what you wish you needed.

I'm sort of coming from the same direction myself.. Can't see a rod that costs the same as a used power auger..

But I'm sure they are pretty dang nice, I would just be miserable if I went to set the hook really hard and snapped it..

Next rod I'm going to check out in person is this..

http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=792606&r=view&from=grid#reviewsInfo

Not counting tax, that is about 12 rods for the price of one..

<°)))>{

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2016, 03:15 PM »

Same As: Some people drive Yugos and some drive BMW's
Leave Some For Seed

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 02, 2016, 03:31 PM »
Same As: Some people drive Yugos and some drive BMW's

Or some drive Corvettes and some Chevettes..

<°)))>{

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 02, 2016, 03:51 PM »
Nobody needs a $50,000 truck, a $1,500 bow or a $10,000 quad, but plenty of people buy and enjoy them.  I'm Not mad.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 02, 2016, 04:05 PM »
Nobody needs a $50,000 truck, a $1,500 bow or a $10,000 quad, but plenty of people buy and enjoy them.  I'm Not mad.

I feel the same, to each their own...

The moment I'll take issue is when someone tells another member his hard earned stuff is junk.. Like the one HT auger thread..

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=333421.0

<°)))>{

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 02, 2016, 04:24 PM »
I feel the same, to each their own...

The moment I'll take issue is when someone tells another member his hard earned stuff is junk.. Like the one HT auger thread..

<°)))>{
Ya, I could care less about how nice another guys gear is.  I've been out fished by many a man with 20 year old $5 tipups and $10 rod combos.  I just love that the sport has grown enough that we have the option of buying so much high end gear if we choose to! 

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 02, 2016, 04:28 PM »
No doubt, the stuff we have available to us now is just awesome, with so many choices too..

Nothing like 30 years ago..

<°)))>{

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2016, 05:41 PM »
If you snap a rod on a hookset it wasn't very well built to begin with or it wasn't taken care of very well regardless of how much it costs. I think a lot of people get hung up on custom rods because they cost so much but if you respect your gear and treat it like it should be treated, theres no reason why it can't become something to hand down in the future. And you can have it built to your specifications rather than relying on some companies preset rod specs. They are a "custom" rod builder after all.

I look at them as investments. I may pay $100 for an ice rod, but there's many that will take it off my hands for $75. I might buy $100 worth of ice blues but nobody will buy them for more than a few bucks if I try to resell them and now I have 40 rods where 1 will do. Honesty, it all comes down to personal preference but I'd rather pay $100 bucks for TUCR and support an american family producing an awesome custom product for not really that much more than a St. Croix, Fenwick, 13 fishing or Jason Mitchell, and you get rods made for fisherman, not trends. Not to mention a pretty good warranty for an ice rod and you can talk directly to whoever is building your rod, which hookset snapping should be covered by TUCR warranty if it's legit.

Think of how much we spend a year on bait, gas, lunch, etc. A quality reel will cost almost half as much as the tucr anyways. $100 bucks really isn't that much but you definitely dont need a $100 ice rod to catch fish. Schoolys work the best, imo. Having said that, I own 2 TUCR's, a bullwhip and a precision noodle and they are both awesome. If you are a spring bobber fisherman, I'd highly recommended either of those two rods.

I'm a gear guy though so I like nice equipment, which doesn't help my wallet but makes my hobbies much more enjoyable. But that's just me. I'd give TUCR a try and if it's not for you, sell it on IDO's forum or their Facebook page. People eat em up when they are under $80.

“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 02, 2016, 05:50 PM »
The rods I broke while setting a hook were a couple years old, but spent their whole life in the same place and environment as my rods that are older than me. I certainly don't abuse my equipment, but I don't keep each rod in a padded velvet case either..

If sitting it in a bucket hurts it, I don't think it's a quality piece either...

<°)))>{

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.