Author Topic: Your Bobbers Down  (Read 1549 times)

Offline bpfohler

• IceShanty Rookie
Your Bobbers Down
« on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:56 AM »
 This is only my second year of serious ice fishing.  Usually I brave the elements, stand in a freezing river and fly fish for Steelhead this time of year.

I still love steelhead fishing a couple times a  but my sons are still to young to stand in the river so last year we started getting serious about ice fishing. 

Anyway, this year I picked up some wolfram glow jigs and the fish just pound them.  I think we've easily caught twice as many perch as what we caught last year. 

We always throw back all the perch we catch in the summer  but it's been a blast catching those little buggers through the ice.
  It's a little crazy with the 2 of them in the shanty with me.  I've taken a few slaps in the head with the pole and stuck a few hooks in my fingers but there's nothing greater than fishing with your kids!!!

Offline Candlewood Jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Your Bobbers Down
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2011, 03:45 PM »
Quality time with the kids. Nice :tipup:

Offline Badback

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Your Bobbers Down
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2011, 08:43 PM »
You bet they are great hooks...Your Bobbers Down has been making lots of money from a bunch of us from Calgary this year...We learned about them from reading the posts from Team Indiana...They they gave us the address and the rest is history....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.